The 74th Annual Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 74th Annual Hunger Games

A place for Capitol Punishment.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Day Two - The Sponsors

Go down 
+25
jennifer
Katniss
new bird
Gimp
Foxface
Lady Shyka
ASKEWD
Amp
Lorene
Spinal
Poppycox88
s l i t h y
Cable
Celtic
forehead
kelly
SweetIrony!
Dileo33
Albert B
Gargoyle Geek
Neptune
Ana
weeba
Rue
bad_jon.
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
new bird
Papas frías
new bird

Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 2:13 am

Amp, my dear boy, your turn has come! Now don't be shy, I only seek information. Come, tell me about District five.

1. You've spent a day in the arena and ended up on the Hunger list, how will tomorrow be different for you?

2. Show me how you are feeling in such a vastly different environment from the power plants back home in District five?

3. If you could be any dessert, real or imagined, what would it be? And namely, what would be the secret ingredient?

I expect you will put on a powerful show for the sponsors!
Back to top Go down
new bird
Papas frías
new bird

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 2:20 am

The night has fallen, the stars are shining brightly, and the moon is skimming the horizon. Sleep, my tributes, for tomorrow brings much action and excitement. Whose face will we see light up the night sky and join poor Glimmer? Only time will tell. The chance to catch the sponsors attention is just beginning. Until we meet again, Caesar
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 2:27 am

Goodnight, Caesar. Thanks for brightening my night! I hope I dream of you tonight.
Back to top Go down
Gimp
Papas frías
Gimp

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 2:37 am

Build your nests well, fellow tributes, and double-check your booby traps.
Back to top Go down
Gargoyle Geek
Papas frías
Gargoyle Geek

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 7:44 am

I'm curious about Marvel & Cato's FAILED status.

No one has stepped up with Seer-type skills?

ETA: Captain Obvious checking in
Back to top Go down
forehead
Papas frías
forehead

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 8:00 am

Arbor wrote:
Did anyone else start out with 3 items (including tokens and primaries)? I only started out with two.

I started off with three and lost my backpack item last night Crying or Very sad

Carr wrote:
Ok, so assuming whoever showed us what Quinoa's packing can do so again today, I reiterate that it would be useful to use on those who had kills fail on them yesterday. Thoughts?

eta: that would be Cato and Marvel (ah-ha, so THAT'S where this hostility is coming from, huh?)

Yeah, seems like a good use of that resource.
Back to top Go down
jennifer
Papas frías
jennifer

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 8:45 am

Seneca Crane wrote:

2. When submitting your move, please put the actual location letter and number, NOT "I WANT TO MOVE UP ONE" because OH MY GOD.

WHAT. "Up one" makes perfect sense.

Love,

chestnut

(Note - this post was before I did some character research. Thresh would never say "Love". Or not in this way. But I'm leaving it for posterity.)

Last edited by Thresh on Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jennifer
Papas frías
jennifer

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 8:46 am

omg page 6 already. Fuck a duck and call him Chuck.
Back to top Go down
Cable
Papas frías
Cable

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 9:07 am

Octave wrote:

I never meant to lead you astray. When I mentioned the flowers I thought we could move diagonally. When I realized we couldn't, I felt like my next best choice was to head toward the water. A girl's gotta make plans to survive somehow. Even if you you and your friends in the alliance are gonna take another shot at me.

I have no hate for you, I did feel momentarily that your "thanks to whomever guarded me" was not genuine, and that you might be part of an alliance. I am not in any alliance, as I clearly explained yesterday, leaving myself vulnerable so that all of the tributes could learn. That was not an alliance move, that was as authentic as it gets. I have no power to take a shot at you, so there's no need for worry.

As far as saying you were not long for this world, I was just exhausted and wounded by your apparent attempt to lead me astray. But your response soothes me. Do what you must with your vote, I will not vote for you.
Back to top Go down
jennifer
Papas frías
jennifer

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 9:24 am

Rue and I are making sweet music together. Leave us alone.
Back to top Go down
new bird
Papas frías
new bird

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 9:58 am

Good morning Tributes, if you are reading this you have survived the night. Congratulations! Some of you start the day lost, others are hungry, and others still are filled with new life and a thirst for blood. Will we talk to a Victor today or shall we converse with more doomed souls to flash in the night sky? The dawn is shining brightly, the sky is clear, and the Mockingjays are singing. Perhaps a song created by Rue and Thresh? We will hear more from them and other tributes today, but first eat breakfast and gather your supplies. The day is sure to be a great one! Caesar

Last edited by Caesar Flickerman on Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:12 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jennie
Papas frías
Jennie

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 10:05 am

Caesar Flickerman wrote:
While we wait for Marvel to respond, let's move on to Cato from District 2.

1. There has been a lot of banter back and forth between the other tributes about what you bring to the table this Hunger Games, how do you respond to that?
Talk of my prowess in the arena is to be expected. I am one of the strongest tributes with much to offer in the way of mercy for those who do not cross me. But for those who wish to bring shame to these games with false tongue, I bring your death.

2. How did you prepare for the Hunger Games back home in District 2? What would you say is your specialty?
In this game, the only thing these tributes should fear more than Cato is the threat of empty stomachs and parched tongues.

3. If you could save yourself in the Arena by performing a specific task, would you A) Sing a song about your love for Claire B) Draw a picture of how you plan to kill your final competitor and post it or C) Do whatever it is one does for a Klondike bar?

I shall show you the noble death of a fierce competitor. After a long battle, I shall strip Marvel of his precious spear and thrust my sword down his spine, severing his life and securing my victory. This arena is mine and I shall slash through it, one tribute at a time.
Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 6 XucOY
Back to top Go down
Jennie
Papas frías
Jennie

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 10:13 am

Quinoa wrote:
I'm curious about Marvel & Cato's FAILED status.

No one has stepped up with Seer-type skills?

ETA: Captain Obvious checking in

I am a skilled fighter with the ability to fend off those who wish me harm. I shall not fall with the weak attempts of less worthy opponents.
Back to top Go down
new bird
Papas frías
new bird

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 10:27 am

Cato, Bravo on a stunning illustration of your victory! While I am struck by your fierce fighting power, it is a pity there is no delicious cake.
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 10:36 am

Caesar Flickerman wrote:
Neptune from District 4, it's your turn to swoop into the hearts of the sponsors.

1. You've been a victim on the first day in The Arena, how do you feel being poisoned will hurt your chances? Is this a game-ender for you?

You mean that wasn't rum? Well, damn. Did the poison at least have any calories? Sorry for the brisk answers, but I have to go antidote hunting.

Caesar Flickerman wrote:

2. District 4 is known for their high tides and ample bounty of water life, tell us how you would spend your days under the sea back home?

Ahh, home. How I miss it. The water is a clear blue, almost crystal-like. The sand? Fine and silky. The women tan and breathtakingly gorgeous.

A light morning swim, a book and a beach.....maybe some lobster for lunch. That is why I must survive. I have to go back.

Caesar Flickerman wrote:
3. Concoct for us, if you will, a delectable piscine dessert. What goodies go best with grouper?

Ahh, grouper. How I miss those pesky big-mouthed suckers. Makes me hungry just thinking of it. The meat is lean and firm. Flakes beautifully. Remains moist, slightly sweet.
I'm partial to frying it myself. Dessert you say? Tough. I'd deep fry the fins, long and hot, turning them into edible crackers. And use that as a textural contrast in an ice cream sundae.
It'd be slightly salty, so it should pair nicely.

Caesar Flickerman wrote:
Capture the crowd as you put on a show for us, Neptune.

Is there any other way?
Back to top Go down
Lorene
Papas frías
Lorene

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 10:41 am

I do like visuals, Cato. I'm keeping my eye on you too.

Back to top Go down
Rue
Papas frías
Rue

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 10:44 am

I like Caesar.

And sorry Octave, call it laziness on my phone. Whoever had that nifty sight beyond sight, I'd say look at Cato or Clove. I'm curious about something.

Also Thresh <3
Back to top Go down
jennifer
Papas frías
jennifer

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 10:59 am

You're my girl, Rue.
Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 11:11 am

I'm not sure who saved me, but I thank you.

I'm assuming my district partner is deserving of the thanks though. It was much appreciated.

For the time being, I appreciate the luck which moved us together.

Do you require any assistance, Gimp?

Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 11:13 am

Caesar always puts on a good show, doesn't he ladies and gents?

Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 11:14 am

Also, what a catch-up.

Too much on the go the last day or so.

Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 11:17 am

I'm going to look for oranges and apples in the trees. On top of being unkempt and rather dirty from a night on the ground, I really don't need scurvy!

Back to top Go down
new bird
Papas frías
new bird

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 11:17 am

Foxface, the time has come for you to spin your tales of mystery and stealth. Come, let us look inside your den, tribute from District 5. Answer a few of my questions today and come tonight you may live to slink off in the shadows once more.

1. You have chosen not to leave the cornucopia for day 2 and you have found your way onto the hunger list. Would you care to illustrate for us your strategy thus far?

2. Will you give us your opinion on the doomed alliances that have sprouted up in the games? What are your feelings on forming a such a connection in the Hunger Games?

3. What type of sweet reward do you turn to at the end of the day? How would this dessert be served?

As sneaky as your are, you cannot hide, it is your show Foxface of District 5.
Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 11:19 am

I'm going to need you to buy a girl a drink and tell me I'm pretty before I think about answering questions that personal and somewhat sexual in nature.

Back to top Go down
Rue
Papas frías
Rue

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 11:20 am

You guys in b1 watch out. I'm pretty sure Cato will be coming for y'all. Given his violent nature.

Also Village, we have two lynches today, as in our top two lynch getters. Let's keep
That in mind
Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 11:21 am

Rue wrote:
You guys in b1 watch out. I'm pretty sure Cato will be coming for y'all. Given his violent nature.

Also Village, we have two lynches today, as in our top two lynch getters. Let's keep
That in mind

I have to put that map in my pocket and remember the squares for movement tonight I guess. I moved left. Am I in B1 now?

edit: yup, I see it now, B1. I just made note that I was in the same square as my fellow district 10 tribute.

Last edited by Claire on Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rue
Papas frías
Rue

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 11:22 am

Claire wrote:
Rue wrote:

That in mind

I have to put that map in my pocket and remember the squares for movement tonight I guess. I moved left. Am I in B1 now?

Yes.
Back to top Go down
Jennie
Papas frías
Jennie

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 11:23 am

Caesar Flickerman wrote:
Cato, Bravo on a stunning illustration of your victory! While I am struck by your fierce fighting power, it is a pity there is no delicious cake.

I shall grind Marvel's bones to make my victory cake.
Back to top Go down
Jennie
Papas frías
Jennie

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 11:24 am

Octavia wrote:
I do like visuals, Cato. I'm keeping my eye on you too.

I am humbled by your flattery madame.
Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 11:25 am

Rue wrote:

That in mind

To tell you the truth, I'm not worried about the boys who already have feuds going on. They might take each other out.

Back to top Go down
Jennie
Papas frías
Jennie

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 11:26 am

Claire wrote:
Rue wrote:

That in mind

To tell you the truth, I'm not worried about the boys who already have feuds going on. They might take each other out.

Not a single hair on your head shall ever be harmed by my sword. For you are the fairest lady in this game.
Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 11:30 am

Aw, you're just saying those sweet things so I might share my apples and oranges aren't you?

Everybody wants to stave off scurvy now.

Back to top Go down
Gargoyle Geek
Papas frías
Gargoyle Geek

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 11:34 am

Cato wrote:
I am a skilled fighter with the ability to fend off those who wish me harm. I shall not fall with the weak attempts of less worthy opponents.

That doesn't explain why it failed, at least in Mafia terms. Maybe they don't apply to this game? I don't know, it's worth asking though.
Back to top Go down
Lorene
Papas frías
Lorene

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 11:40 am

You know who should be competing for my love and affection today?

THESE PEOPLE

Plutarch Heavensbee wrote:
Hunger Report

Danger: Amp, Aramid, Foxface, Gimp, Katniss, Peeta, Rush

Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 11:40 am

Alright. I'm poisoned, have no game intel, and have no background content intel.

This is frustrating.

Clearly there is a mafia. So, even though the stated purpose is to survive, we have to deal with them too....or they will likely work together to ensure we dont survive.

I don't see how keeping absolutely quiet and mysterious will help us any. And I'm poisoned, which who knows how that will effect me, so I have less to lose than most.

Quinoa didn't move because of me. I have a stupid net that allows me to stop someone near me from moving. Might be useful once we identify mafia, but for now, I'm operating blind here.
Back to top Go down
Lorene
Papas frías
Lorene

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 11:42 am

ARAMID - explain to me why you're worthy of my attention.
Back to top Go down
Rue
Papas frías
Rue

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 11:49 am

Neptune wrote:
Alright. I'm poisoned, have no game intel, and have no background content intel.

This is frustrating.

Clearly there is a mafia. So, even though the stated purpose is to survive, we have to deal with them too....or they will likely work together to ensure we dont survive.

I don't see how keeping absolutely quiet and mysterious will help us any. And I'm poisoned, which who knows how that will effect me, so I have less to lose than most.

Quinoa didn't move because of me. I have a stupid net that allows me to stop someone near me from moving. Might be useful once we identify mafia, but for now, I'm operating blind here.

Clearly there is an alliance. I had thought it would be book oriented, but yesterday proved that it's random. I wouldn't be surprised if Katniss or Peeta were in the alliance. I know Cable said something about his status saying alliance as opposed to tribute, but I could be totally wrong
Back to top Go down
Spinal
Papas frías
Spinal

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 11:54 am

Neptune wrote:

This is frustrating.

What did you do yesterday besides throw your net on Quinoa?
Back to top Go down
Celtic
Papas frías
Celtic

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 11:55 am

Well after being asked about it he said one of his items just mentions an Alliance (after first stating it named members of that Alliance) that it could be used to stop
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 11:56 am

Clove wrote:
What did you do yesterday besides throw your net on Quinoa?

Moved to the left. Protected my item (figured, everyone starting in the same square, there'd be a whole lot of illicit grabbing going on).
Back to top Go down
Cable
Papas frías
Cable

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 11:58 am

I am a tribute

My token protects me from alliance members
Back to top Go down
Celtic
Papas frías
Celtic

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 12:01 pm

So where do we think we can do the best job with our votes? Honestly I'm still stuck on us not being able to track/know we can hit the District 5ers (Rue and Thresh) if it comes down to us having to.

Remember that the top 2 vote getters die today.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Day Two - The Sponsors
Page 6 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The 74th Annual Hunger Games :: The Hunger Games :: The Arena-
Jump to: