The 74th Annual Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 74th Annual Hunger Games

A place for Capitol Punishment.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Day Two - The Sponsors

Go down 
+25
jennifer
Katniss
new bird
Gimp
Foxface
Lady Shyka
ASKEWD
Amp
Lorene
Spinal
Poppycox88
s l i t h y
Cable
Celtic
forehead
kelly
SweetIrony!
Dileo33
Albert B
Gargoyle Geek
Neptune
Ana
weeba
Rue
bad_jon.
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
forehead
Papas frías
forehead

Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 6:50 pm

Carr wrote:
Aspen wrote:

It was just confirmed on the rules thread that you can't move diagonally, you done fucked up, Carr.

Did Carr check in?(if he/she didn't then it's possible that the mafia did start elsewhere and they forgot to move out of the damned spot)

So not only did you not read the entire first day's thread...you're flatly refusing to think of any possibility that would allow people to advance or play differently - in a game full of items and powers that affect how people advance and play? For your sake I hope you're truly PLAYING dumb.

I did read the first day's thread but you didn't do anything noteworthy that I remembered so I didn't recall if you had checked in or not. Doesn't help with the avatars being the same for pairs so I can't use them to identify people.

Of course I thought about that, but I'm trying to find mafia and I thought it was a plausible theory.

edit: yeah you seem a bit touchy about me voting you, my vote stays.
Back to top Go down
Ana
Papas frías
Ana

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 6:52 pm

Carr wrote:
Now, Glimmer dying giving us two lynches indicates a fair amount of prominence on their part - those who've studied the material, what role does Glimmer have in this ?

None that I can think of. I can re-check the circumstances surrounding her death, but off the top of my head can't think of anything related to the character that would have that effect.
Back to top Go down
Celtic
Papas frías
Celtic

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 6:56 pm

Ok, thanks.

Now this item stash reveal is the first bit of publicly available knowledge-gaining we've seen - my first instinct is that the two people with failed kills on them would make good targets for it.
Back to top Go down
Cable
Papas frías
Cable

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 6:58 pm

Carr wrote:

Now, Glimmer dying giving us two lynches indicates a fair amount of prominence on their part - those who've studied the material, what role does Glimmer have in this ?

Not sure that is would have any effect, but she was the one tribute to have her tribute token taken away, it was a ring with poisoned spikes. She is older than many of the tributes; at the cornucopia she grabbed a decent bow and arrows.

She died a disgusting and horrible death, at the hands of katniss, killed by tracker jackers.

http://thehungergames.wikia.com/wiki/Glimmer
Back to top Go down
Ana
Papas frías
Ana

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 6:58 pm

Oh right, Glimmer was killed by tracker jackers. Nothing about that scene suggests it has anything to do with us gaining an extra lynch.
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 7:00 pm

Thank you to whoever saved me. I owe you my life, but I don't know who you are. Hopefully I'll be able to repay the kindness somehow before I'm dead.
Back to top Go down
Cable
Papas frías
Cable

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 7:03 pm

Unless the Alliance gets her now as a muttation so they have an extra member? That's all I can think of.
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 7:08 pm

In the wiki, it says that the male district 3 tribute was allied with the Careers. Cable admitted to having a token that protects him from the Alliance.

http://thehungergames.wikia.com/wiki/District_3_male_(74th_HG)

We received 2 lynches today because Glimmer died. Glimmer was a Career Tribute from District 1. Does it make more sense that we would get a second kill because a member of the Alliance (mafia) died or because a non-Alliance (village) player died?

Back to top Go down
Poppycox88
Papas frías
Poppycox88

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 7:10 pm

Not a very good first day for me.

Quinoa sure does have a lot of good stuff.
Back to top Go down
Ana
Papas frías
Ana

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 7:10 pm

Well, Glimmer was listed as village.
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 7:23 pm

Raile wrote:

Just noticed that rereading the results. So I don't know why we got the extra kill. Unless everyone gets listed as village when they die. But I doubt that will be the case.

I also noticed there are 2 people missing from the MAP RESULTS. I only count 21 names.
Back to top Go down
Spinal
Papas frías
Spinal

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 7:24 pm

Am I mistaken or are there only 21 names listed in locations, and then with the one death that makes 22.

Where are the other 2 people?
Back to top Go down
Spinal
Papas frías
Spinal

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 7:25 pm

Octave wrote:
Raile wrote:

Just noticed that rereading the results. So I don't know why we got the extra kill. Unless everyone gets listed as village when they die. But I doubt that will be the case.

I also noticed there are 2 people missing from the MAP RESULTS. I only count 21 names.

You noticed it also did you happen to see who was missing?
Back to top Go down
Ana
Papas frías
Ana

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 7:30 pm

Clove wrote:
Octave wrote:
Raile wrote:

I hadn't noticed it until you guys pointed it out. Rue and Thresh (both District 11) are missing.
Back to top Go down
Poppycox88
Papas frías
Poppycox88

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 7:31 pm

Why wouldn't they be listed? Maybe they're hiding? Like with cloaking device items or something.
Back to top Go down
Ana
Papas frías
Ana

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 7:32 pm

Rue almost makes sense to me. She's tiny and hides well. She got around by jumping through the treetops. But Thresh - he was a big guy. He doesn't hide like that. I don't know where the two District 11 tributes have disappeared to.
Back to top Go down
forehead
Papas frías
forehead

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 7:33 pm

District 1 - Glimmer
District 1 - Marvel
District 2 - Clove
District 2 - Cato
District 3 - Cable
District 3 - Octave
District 4 - Cordelia
District 4 - Neptune
District 5 - Foxface
District 5 - Amp
District 6 - Raile
District 6 - Carr
District 7 - Arbor
District 7 - Aspen
District 8 - Rush
District 8 - Aramid
District 9 - Holden
District 9 - Quinoa
District 10 - Claire
District 10 - Gimp
District 11 - Rue
District 11 - Thresh
District 12 - Katniss
District 12 - Peeta

Was finding out those missing people and did an elimination, found the remaining person who hadn't checked in when this list was posted on page 8 of day 1.
Back to top Go down
Celtic
Papas frías
Celtic

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 7:33 pm

Interesting - an item (or something) that allows their whereabouts not to be known. Very useful in this setting, keeps people from knowing they can steal from you so they likely won't try.
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 7:36 pm

Raile wrote:
Rue almost makes sense to me. She's tiny and hides well. She got around by jumping through the treetops. But Thresh - he was a big guy. He doesn't hide like that. I don't know where the two District 11 tributes have disappeared to.

According to the wiki, Thresh hid in the wheat fields.

http://thehungergames.wikia.com/wiki/Thresh
Back to top Go down
Dileo33
Papas frías
Dileo33

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Raile wrote:
Oh, Aramid must be the District 8 female that we've not heard from.

I find it odd that Aramid submitted a location change but didn't bother to show up to check in or vote.

Just throwing this out there, but is it at all possible that maybe only 23 people signed up for the game and the gamerunners are just moving her around till we deal with her?

And now her male counterpart has been silenced. What is going on in that district?

ETA - gonna correct myself. Aramid is still in B2, so she didn't submit a location change. Nevermind.

Last edited by Arbor on Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Spinal
Papas frías
Spinal

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 7:42 pm

Well if they can hide, I think we should lynch them!
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 7:42 pm

That doesn't mean Thresh is in the wheat fields in this game, but it is interesting that both District 11 tributes locations are unknown. I would put that down to their own ability rather than an item.

Same with Carr being in A1.

Raile, since you're also from District 6, can you move more than one space each turn?
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 7:43 pm

Arbor wrote:
Raile wrote:
Oh, Aramid must be the District 8 female that we've not heard from.

I find it odd that Aramid submitted a location change but didn't bother to show up to check in or vote.

Just throwing this out there, but is it at all possible that maybe only 23 people signed up for the game and the gamerunners are just moving her around till we deal with her?

And now her male counterpart has been silenced. What is going on in that district?

Aramid is still in B2, just like on day 1. Didn't have to submit a location change since the location didn't change, right?
Back to top Go down
Celtic
Papas frías
Celtic

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 7:47 pm

Octave wrote:
That doesn't mean Thresh is in the wheat fields in this game, but it is interesting that both District 11 tributes locations are unknown. I would put that down to their own ability rather than an item.

Aren't all our powers based on items?
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 7:49 pm

Both of the tributes from these Districts are now in the same locations:

District 5 - B2 (Foxface and Amp)

District 8 - B2 (Rush and Aramid)

District 9 - B2 (Holden and Quinoa)

District 10 - B1 (Claire and Gimp)

District 11 - unknown (Rue and Thresh)

Is it significant that Districts 5, 8 & 9 are still at the Cornucopia?
Back to top Go down
Ana
Papas frías
Ana

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 7:50 pm

Octave wrote:
Raile, since you're also from District 6, can you move more than one space each turn?

Nope. Can't do anything fancy. Began the game with 1 crappy item and my district token, which has been stolen. Were it still in my possession, I would learn each day the consequence of killing one of the remaining living tributes. No clue what these consequences may be, though with Glimmer's death it must have been the extra lynch.
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 7:50 pm

Carr wrote:
Octave wrote:

Possibly. Doesn't Cable have a power based on his token? (His protection from the Alliance?)
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 7:52 pm

And Raile's token had a power too.

Do the rules say we get to steal tokens or items? I thought it was just items.

At least one of you must be a token thief.
Back to top Go down
Ana
Papas frías
Ana

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 7:53 pm

I think the tokens are items as well. They can obviously be stolen. I'd much prefer they'd gotten my other item..
Back to top Go down
Lorene
Papas frías
Lorene

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 8:10 pm

Marvel wrote:
Claudius Templesmith wrote:
Remember Tributes, the whole world is watching. Will you put on a show to survive?
I will not be dancing for my dinner, thank you.
Oh, but you will. You ALL will. We own you.
Back to top Go down
Dileo33
Papas frías
Dileo33

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 8:13 pm

Raile wrote:
I think the tokens are items as well. They can obviously be stolen. I'd much prefer they'd gotten my other item..

I agree. Which is why I'm surprised that Quinoa started out with a primary item, an item in her backpack and a token. And then suddenly got another item in her backpack last night. Did anyone else start out with 3 items (including tokens and primaries)? I only started out with two.
Back to top Go down
SweetIrony!
Papas frías
SweetIrony!

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 8:16 pm

Octavia wrote:
Marvel wrote:
Claudius Templesmith wrote:
Remember Tributes, the whole world is watching. Will you put on a show to survive?
I will not be dancing for my dinner, thank you.
Oh, but you will. You ALL will. We own you.
In which district do you live, Octavia? ...asking for a friend.
Back to top Go down
Rue
Papas frías
Rue

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 8:19 pm

I think Claudius has said that the tokens are vulnerable to loss. I know someone got mine.
Back to top Go down
Amp
Papas frías
Amp

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 8:20 pm

Octave wrote:
Both of the tributes from these Districts are now in the same locations:

District 5 - B2 (Foxface and Amp)

District 8 - B2 (Rush and Aramid)

District 9 - B2 (Holden and Quinoa)

District 10 - B1 (Claire and Gimp)

District 11 - unknown (Rue and Thresh)

Is it significant that Districts 5, 8 & 9 are still at the Cornucopia?

It's where the stuff is.
Back to top Go down
Rue
Papas frías
Rue

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 8:21 pm

Someone refresh my memory, but where is Cato?
Back to top Go down
Rue
Papas frías
Rue

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 8:24 pm

Also if I remember the books correctly Foxface probably has some sick stealing and or hiding skills.
Back to top Go down
Celtic
Papas frías
Celtic

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 8:26 pm

Octave wrote:
Carr wrote:
Octave wrote:

Possibly. Doesn't Cable have a power based on his token? (His protection from the Alliance?)

Point being I wouldn't call anything someone's "own ability." Powers are not innate here in the way they are in other games (well, village powers anyway). It's based on what you have, not who you are. And it seems no matter what you have, it could be up for grabs.
Back to top Go down
Lorene
Papas frías
Lorene

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 8:27 pm

Marvel wrote:

In which district do you live, Octavia? ...asking for a friend.
It doesn't work that way, YOU entertain ME. Now I have to determine if I'm feeling benevolent or bloodthirsty after that inappropriate question.
Back to top Go down
Cable
Papas frías
Cable

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 8:40 pm

Octavia wrote:

It doesn't work that way, YOU entertain ME. Now I have to determine if I'm feeling benevolent or bloodthirsty after that inappropriate question.

You are looking lovely this evening Octavia. The work you did on Katniss? Brilliant! You are the talk of Panem.
Back to top Go down
Albert B
Papas frías
Albert B

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 8:43 pm

Raile wrote:
Clove wrote:
Octave wrote:
Raile wrote:

I hadn't noticed it until you guys pointed it out. Rue and Thresh (both District 11) are missing.

Makes sense from the books. Rue was in the trees and almost always hidden. Thresh went to the south where no other tribute went and wasn't seen until close to the end and people were scared to go after him because of his size. So, them both having a power to not be located makes sense

Raile wrote:

Foxface is another I would have thought would be able to hide like that from the way she was in the book. But I bet she has a power that aids her in steeling things.
Back to top Go down
Lorene
Papas frías
Lorene

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 8:44 pm

Cable wrote:
Octavia wrote:

You are looking lovely this evening Octavia. The work you did on Katniss? Brilliant! You are the talk of Panem.

Much better. You I like...for now.
Back to top Go down
Albert B
Papas frías
Albert B

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 8:44 pm

Rue wrote:
I think Claudius has said that the tokens are vulnerable to loss. I know someone got mine.

Did your token make you not show up on the location postings? If it did, we can tell who might have gotten it tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Day Two - The Sponsors
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The 74th Annual Hunger Games :: The Hunger Games :: The Arena-
Jump to: