The 74th Annual Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 74th Annual Hunger Games

A place for Capitol Punishment.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Day One - The Cornucopia

Go down 
+22
Amp
jennifer
Neptune
Gimp
forehead
ASKEWD
Ana
Dileo33
Rue
Foxface
SweetIrony!
Gargoyle Geek
Spinal
Katniss
Cable
Poppycox88
Poker
Albert B
Rush
kelly
weeba
bad_jon.
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Rue
Papas frías
Rue

Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 1:22 pm

Cato wrote:
What has Glimmer done to hold the grievances of 3 tributes?

You might want to ask Gimp why he voted for you?
Back to top Go down
Spinal
Papas frías
Spinal

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 1:24 pm

Do the names match up to their districts from the book?
Back to top Go down
Jennie
Papas frías
Jennie

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 1:26 pm

Rue wrote:
Cato wrote:
What has Glimmer done to hold the grievances of 3 tributes?

You might want to ask Gimp why he voted for you?

A vote created in fear needs not be questioned. His intent is understood despite his disregard for long-term game play.
Back to top Go down
Amp
Papas frías
Amp

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 1:33 pm

Anyone have a tally?
Back to top Go down
Rue
Papas frías
Rue

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 1:34 pm

Clove wrote:
Do the names match up to their districts from the book?

Except for a few made up ones? Yes
Back to top Go down
Amp
Papas frías
Amp

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 1:34 pm

NM, I see one is already posted
Back to top Go down
Dileo33
Papas frías
Dileo33

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 1:36 pm

Has anyone looked at their assignment page in their profile? In addition to fields for name, district and gender, there is a field for alliance. Mine says Tribute. I wonder if that means there may be something akin to a traditional mafia after all.

While its still last man or woman standing wins, if there is another coordinated group that will be adding kills, we should be working together to eliminate it.

Today's results will definitely be telling.
Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 1:40 pm

Arbor wrote:
Has anyone looked at their assignment page in their profile? In addition to fields for name, district and gender, there is a field for alliance. Mine says Tribute. I wonder if that means there may be something akin to a traditional mafia after all.

While its still last man or woman standing wins, if there is another coordinated group that will be adding kills, we should be working together to eliminate it.

Man, what a lot of work this monster of a game had to be.

kudos to you gamesmaster

Back to top Go down
Gargoyle Geek
Papas frías
Gargoyle Geek

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 1:41 pm

Arbor wrote:

I noticed that too. Mine's also says Tribute, but I'm choosing to believe that they all say that, except for the Gamemakers. Which, I'm guessing, is the reason the classification is there in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Dileo33
Papas frías
Dileo33

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 1:42 pm

Claire wrote:

kudos to you gamesmaster

And gamemaster helpers. I agree. Very impressive.
Back to top Go down
Gargoyle Geek
Papas frías
Gargoyle Geek

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 1:42 pm

Claire wrote:

kudos to you gamesmaster

+1, this is a great setup!
Back to top Go down
Rue
Papas frías
Rue

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 1:43 pm

Quinoa wrote:
Arbor wrote:

I noticed that too. Mine's also says Tribute, but I'm choosing to believe that they all say that, except for the Gamemakers. Which, I'm guessing, is the reason the classification is there in the first place.

I just saw that. Maybe my career theory has some credence then.
Back to top Go down
Cable
Papas frías
Cable

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 1:45 pm

I am a tribute, but alliance members are mentioned in my description.

AND yes, the game is AMAZING. all the hard work, wow.
Back to top Go down
Celtic
Papas frías
Celtic

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 1:46 pm

Interesting, you have people named in your alliance?

The question is raised - are they meant to be trusted (like Masons)? Or are you a cabal working to the detriment to the rest of us and betterment of each other above all others (eta: Like the Resistance setup)? Since this is ultimately a one-winner setup the latter is worrying me.
Back to top Go down
ASKEWD
Papas frías
ASKEWD

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 1:47 pm

Claire wrote:

kudos to you gamesmaster

QFT.

Quinoa wrote:

Think so? Im not too confused on who the gamerunners are. I think there is probably another reason. But damned if I can figure it out, because before that was brought to light, I was in the "prob. no mafia" camp.
Back to top Go down
ASKEWD
Papas frías
ASKEWD

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 1:49 pm

Cable wrote:

Interesting indeed.
Back to top Go down
Cable
Papas frías
Cable

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 1:55 pm

Carr wrote:
Interesting, you have people named in your alliance?

no, not in my alliance. the alliance is who i need to keep safe from.

Carr wrote:
The question is raised - are they meant to be trusted (like Masons)? Or are you a cabal working to the detriment to the rest of us and betterment of each other above all others (eta: Like the Resistance setup)? Since this is ultimately a one-winner setup the latter is worrying me.

No, I'm not in any cabal. I am a tribute with no affiliations, other than maybe my district 3 equivalent. although I do think I need to align myself with another district eventually to continue to survive. Just based on what the districts do.
Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 2:03 pm

hmmm...

Only time anyone else is mentioned on my profile is one item that I have that I can use to help another tribute if I so choose.

I would assume that we ALL would want to "keep safe" from any alliance types.

Either you slipped up or this is the first confirmation we have that there is a mafia-type team out there...or both.

Either way it's interesting info.

Is there any reason you need to be specifically kept safe? If one could do that sort of thing?

Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 2:04 pm

Like you don't explode and take out a D4 worth of other players with you do you??

Back to top Go down
weeba
Papas frías
weeba

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 2:04 pm

I've done nothing except for being part of district 1 to get two of those votes. Katniss was because I voted for her
Back to top Go down
Cable
Papas frías
Cable

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 2:08 pm

Claire wrote:
hmmm...

Only time anyone else is mentioned on my profile is one item that I have that I can use to help another tribute if I so choose.

I would assume that we ALL would want to "keep safe" from any alliance types.

Either you slipped up or this is the first confirmation we have that there is a mafia-type team out there...or both.

Either way it's interesting info.

Is there any reason you need to be specifically kept safe? If one could do that sort of thing?

In my profile, where it says "Alliance" I am a tribute.

the only time the alliance is mentioned is when I need to protect myself (or someone else). It is my item.

There is no reason I would specifically need to be kept safe. Other than, in the book, man did the career Cato get mad at me and kill me with one swift twist of my neck. I was not a carrer but they let me tag along to protect something.
Back to top Go down
Cable
Papas frías
Cable

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 2:10 pm

Claire wrote:
Like you don't explode and take out a D4 worth of other players with you do you??

oh. no I'm not anywhere near that powerful. Nothing explodes. Some of us are thinking too literally and it may get us in trouble when we need to have more flexible thinking.
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 2:14 pm

We will pose this query to the masses with the understanding that your opinions may scarcely matter:

The Gamemakers originally intended to make each day a separate thread inside The Arena, with the day's results acting as the initial post in the new thread.

Would the Tributes prefer to the game to take place in one ceaseless thread, or is there no objection to following the wishes of The Capitol?
Back to top Go down
Rue
Papas frías
Rue

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 2:17 pm

No objection here.
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 2:17 pm

Cable wrote:
Octave wrote:
What's up, Cable?

Just hooking things up, ya know? How are you?

Apologies to Quinoa for not giving your list credit. You are indeed a hero. I don't know if you will die that way, but every moment is to be cherished. Your list is like Chick-fil-A.

I don't have an issue with Claire yet. I wouldn't blink an eye if one of the rutabagas dies. But the other, I owe him.

Gettin' by. Trying to figure out which way to head tonight. Thinkin' about checkin' out the pretty purple flowers.
Back to top Go down
Katniss
Papas frías
Katniss

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 2:18 pm

The Capitol has the right idea.
Back to top Go down
Gargoyle Geek
Papas frías
Gargoyle Geek

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 2:21 pm

Cable wrote:

I don't even have a "Description" field.
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 2:21 pm

Claudius Templesmith wrote:
We will pose this query to the masses with the understanding that your opinions may scarcely matter:

The Gamemakers originally intended to make each day a separate thread inside The Arena, with the day's results acting as the initial post in the new thread.

Would the Tributes prefer to the game to take place in one ceaseless thread, or is there no objection to following the wishes of The Capitol?

I willingly and gratefully submit to the wishes and intentions of The Capitol and The Gamemakers.

Also, I love the subtitle at the top of each page: "A place for Capitol Punishment." Pretty nifty!
Back to top Go down
Celtic
Papas frías
Celtic

The Gamemakers' original idea works fine for me
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 2:23 pm

Neptune wrote:
If this doesn't start to make sense soon, I'm moving on to Plan B. Kill all of you.

Care to flesh out your Plan A?
Back to top Go down
Gargoyle Geek
Papas frías
Gargoyle Geek

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 2:23 pm

Claudius Templesmith wrote:

I say we revolt.

We'll say we want to follow the wishes of the Gamemaker, but we'll keep posting here.
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 2:25 pm

Neptune wrote:
Can someone that knows the books speak up a bit?

Are these names from the books?
Do our powers or possessions coincide with the book characters?
Are there different level characters to start? I ask this because Claire is ridiculously stacked compared to me.

You claimed to have read the rules but apparently you didn't bother to read the rest of this thread, did you?
Back to top Go down
Rue
Papas frías
Rue

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 2:27 pm

Anyone who is taking Claire's bogus list as serious needs to be looked at.
Back to top Go down
Gargoyle Geek
Papas frías
Gargoyle Geek

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 2:28 pm

Octave wrote:
Neptune wrote:
If this doesn't start to make sense soon, I'm moving on to Plan B. Kill all of you.

Care to flesh out your Plan A?

My gut says plan A and B are very similar.
Back to top Go down
Cable
Papas frías
Cable

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 2:29 pm

Quinoa wrote:
Cable wrote:

I don't even have a "Description" field.

It's in my token field.

Also, Rue, I agree with you on Claire.
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 2:30 pm

Cato wrote:
Octave wrote:
You've been training for this all your life, haven't you, Cato? That's the difference between you and me: I've been dreading this my whole life.

I could care less who you really are. But that lack of knowledge shouldn't keep us from working together while we can.

Also, know this: my view has always been slightly askew.

I live so that my family may survive. You, Octave would be a hunter to align myself with. With you permission, I propose an alliance. My sword will never find itself to your throat and any food that I may find shall be shared with you. What say you?
I say yes. Will you also agree to the same for any others who pledge similar fidelity to me?
Back to top Go down
Celtic
Papas frías
Celtic

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 2:30 pm

Cable wrote:

Cable wrote:

no, not in my alliance. the alliance is who i ne
ed to keep safe from.

Cable wrote:

the only time the alliance is mentioned is when I need to protect myself (or someone else). It is my item.

So who is named? And why is your power geared to stop them specifically? And in another post you said there's no reason why you'd have to be kept safe, then why would you use it to save yourself from them in the first place (ETA: Meaning your post makes the design you're claiming make less sense)? You need to start offering specifics of just what you're actually talking about because this feels like you realized you got caught revealing too much and are now just muddying the waters (for example, the information has now gone from your allegiance, to your "Description" to your Token/item listing).

Last edited by Carr on Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
weeba
Papas frías
weeba

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 2:31 pm

to the GM, no problem keeping it all in one thread, but perhaps you could link in the first post to the start of each official day?
Back to top Go down
Celtic
Papas frías
Celtic

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 2:34 pm

Rue wrote:
Anyone who is taking Claire's bogus list as serious needs to be looked at.

I would tend to agree.
Back to top Go down
Dileo33
Papas frías
Dileo33

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 2:37 pm

I think separate threads for each day is a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Cable
Papas frías
Cable

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 2:39 pm

I have no problem clarifying Carr. When I said "description" I meant my assignment in general.

I haven't gone back to check rules about direct quoting assigments, so I'll be as clear as possible without doing so:

My Alliance is a tribute.

Token: I can keep myself safe from the alliance if I have it.

It's that simple. There, now you can try to steal it.

Does that clarify? Sorry to use the word "description," I know it threw some people off.
Back to top Go down
jennifer
Papas frías
jennifer

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 2:42 pm

Separate threads.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Day One - The Cornucopia
Page 10 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The 74th Annual Hunger Games :: The Hunger Games :: The Arena-
Jump to: