The 74th Annual Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 74th Annual Hunger Games

A place for Capitol Punishment.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Day One - The Cornucopia

Go down 
+22
Amp
jennifer
Neptune
Gimp
forehead
ASKEWD
Ana
Dileo33
Rue
Foxface
SweetIrony!
Gargoyle Geek
Spinal
Katniss
Cable
Poppycox88
Poker
Albert B
Rush
kelly
weeba
bad_jon.
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 10:12 am

Okay, two messages since my last one and I haven't received anything in my gmail.

Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 10:21 am

Claire wrote:
Okay, go into preferences

go down a bit and you'll see:

"Always notify me of replies".

Click on "no".

Hit "save"

That may do it.

I'll try that. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 10:23 am

Claire wrote:
and also in Preferences you want to click "NO" to this one:

Display a notification when new replies are written :
You'll be warned if a reply was posted while you where writing a reply to the same topic

That has to do it.

Yeah, that's different too. I can live with that one, however.
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 10:34 am

Claire wrote:
Okay, two messages since my last one and I haven't received anything in my gmail.

I thought it was working too but just realized noone has written anything since my last post.

But I'll take your word for it.
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 10:38 am

How many of you are prepared to die today?

The record for first day Hunger Games deaths is 18.

Will you survive the night?
Back to top Go down
jennifer
Papas frías
jennifer

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 10:45 am

Yeah, boss. Plan to.
Back to top Go down
Gargoyle Geek
Papas frías
Gargoyle Geek

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 10:48 am

Only Jon would spend all this time creating a great game only to kill everyone the first day.

Wait. That's probably been a dream of his!
Back to top Go down
Cable
Papas frías
Cable

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 11:03 am

Octave wrote:
What's up, Cable?

Just hooking things up, ya know? How are you?

Apologies to Quinoa for not giving your list credit. You are indeed a hero. I don't know if you will die that way, but every moment is to be cherished. Your list is like Chick-fil-A.

I don't have an issue with Claire yet. I wouldn't blink an eye if one of the rutabagas dies. But the other, I owe him.
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 11:20 am

If this doesn't start to make sense soon, I'm moving on to Plan B. Kill all of you.
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 11:21 am

Octave wrote:
It's funny how almost everyone looks and sounds the same when you don't know who anyone is.

We are all equally clueless?

Or, maybe, some are posting differently to hide their identities?

Or, maybe, just maybe, the long ass list keeper is S-H-I-M-E-L?
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 11:22 am

Ok, I give up.

Off to read the rules.
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 11:29 am

Ok. I now understand about 13% of whats going on. And I now know I have a PM to check, lol.
Back to top Go down
Spinal
Papas frías
Spinal

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 11:35 am

I feel as if there is no mafia and we are playing the Hunger Games, trying to be that last survivor. Like the "There can be only one" Highlander rule.

Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 11:39 am

Clove wrote:
I feel as if there is no mafia and we are playing the Hunger Games, trying to be that last survivor. Like the "There can be only one" Highlander rule.

I agree that there is probably no mafia. Feels more like we need to survive each other and whatever surprises the map holds for us.

Does anyone have a power or item that is of the information-gathering sort? Because if there is a mafia, we'd need some way of finding them. If there isn't, I'd imagine the powers are much more offensive or defensive in nature.
Back to top Go down
Spinal
Papas frías
Spinal

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 11:40 am

!Thresh
Back to top Go down
weeba
Papas frías
weeba

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 11:48 am

!katniss
Back to top Go down
Celtic
Papas frías
Celtic

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 11:50 am

Cato seems like the type to treat like the feds...feed 'em shit and keep 'em in the dark.
Back to top Go down
Katniss
Papas frías
Katniss

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 11:51 am

!glimmer

Back to top Go down
jennifer
Papas frías
jennifer

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 11:53 am

!Claire has too much stuff.
Back to top Go down
weeba
Papas frías
weeba

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 11:53 am

You would, girl on fire.
Back to top Go down
jennifer
Papas frías
jennifer

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 11:55 am

RUE! You're my boy, Rue!
Back to top Go down
Rue
Papas frías
Rue

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 12:17 pm

Guys, given what I know of the books, The careers are probably going to be the best trained and possibly equipped. So if we have to vote I say look there. I also expect Cato to be a beast.

!Glimmer

Careers should go first.
Back to top Go down
jennifer
Papas frías
jennifer

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 12:18 pm

I'm with Rue.

#claire
!glimmer
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 12:19 pm

Can someone that knows the books speak up a bit?

Are these names from the books?
Do our powers or possessions coincide with the book characters?
Are there different level characters to start? I ask this because Claire is ridiculously stacked compared to me.
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 12:20 pm

What is a career and how do we know Glimmer is one?
Back to top Go down
weeba
Papas frías
weeba

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 12:21 pm

I can tell you that I have nothing special by being from District one.
Back to top Go down
Cable
Papas frías
Cable

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 12:21 pm

interesting. why are you so quick to assume that the GM's are using the same districts as careers that are designated in the books?
Back to top Go down
weeba
Papas frías
weeba

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 12:26 pm

Neptune --http://thehungergames.wikia.com/wiki/The_Hunger_Games_Wiki
Back to top Go down
Jennie
Papas frías
Jennie

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 12:30 pm

Octave wrote:
You've been training for this all your life, haven't you, Cato? That's the difference between you and me: I've been dreading this my whole life.

I could care less who you really are. But that lack of knowledge shouldn't keep us from working together while we can.

Also, know this: my view has always been slightly askew.

I live so that my family may survive. You, Octave would be a hunter to align myself with. With you permission, I propose an alliance. My sword will never find itself to your throat and any food that I may find shall be shared with you. What say you?

Octave wrote:

As for mafia, someone else already pointed out that the Careers in districts 1, 2 and 4 would be a good place to start.

I have started this game with only the sword at my side and some water for my thirst. If there is an advantage, it has not presented itself to me.

Claire wrote:
Octave wrote:
What am I attempting to gain, Claire? I just want to keep my life and return to my family.

24 go in and only one comes out and all that jazz.

and again, I reiterate that if the info shared by people who know the game is correct, there are 6 people, coming from 3 districts that may start off with an advantage the other 18 of us do not. Those three districts could be the same here.

It may be wise to attempt to find and remove them so the rest of us have better chances.

Can anyone tell me if the districts changed any here vs what was in the books?

Are they the same regarding what they represent?

In a game where advantages may be stolen away from another player, I see little reason to destroy those advantages early.

Back to top Go down
Rue
Papas frías
Rue

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 12:33 pm

Cable wrote:
interesting. why are you so quick to assume that the GM's are using the same districts as careers that are designated in the books?

I am just guessing the GMs are keeping it canon. Also given Cato's talk I think I'm right. I think of the careers, the deadliest will be Cato and Clove
Back to top Go down
Cable
Papas frías
Cable

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 12:38 pm

Rue wrote:
I am just guessing the GMs are keeping it canon. Also given Cato's talk I think I'm right. I think of the careers, the deadliest will be Cato and Clove

Considering Cato snapped my neck and BOOM, I was dead, I am inclined to consider it.
Back to top Go down
Gimp
Papas frías
Gimp

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 12:38 pm

!cato
Back to top Go down
jennifer
Papas frías
jennifer

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 12:40 pm

ROLL TIDE! is the best
Back to top Go down
Celtic
Papas frías
Celtic

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 12:43 pm

!Arbor

These "I'll just follow along" types often end up shooting you in the back after pledging their support to you. I'd rather be left standing with those will try to take me out face-to-face. Something to be said for honor even in a place like this.
Back to top Go down
Albert B
Papas frías
Albert B

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 12:45 pm

Octave wrote:

I'm watching you, Cordelia.

Like what you see?

Amp wrote:
I must admit I am taken aback by not knowing who people are.

Makes things different, I like it.

Claire wrote:
I know. My g mail is going nuts.

I used a throwaway Yahoo email that I use to sign up for all the boards for these games, I haven't even checked it since I signed up. Guess it will be packed more than usual.

I really do like this board, if we don't get let back onto VA we should rename this board jicama aubergine's Beard and move the EBB here.
Back to top Go down
forehead
Papas frías
forehead

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 12:50 pm

Claire wrote:
It will come back after you post though, so I'm not sure how to permanently make it stop.

You can also go onto the topic you want notifications to stop from and at the bottom of that topic there's a stop notifications option.

Neptune wrote:
And I now know I have a PM to check, lol.

Um...what? Suspect

Thresh wrote:
RUE! You're my boy, Rue!

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jennie
Papas frías
Jennie

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 12:54 pm

Carr wrote:

These "I'll just follow along" types often end up shooting you in the back after pledging their support to you. I'd rather be left standing with those will try to take me out face-to-face. Something to be said for honor even in a place like this.

This man appears to be a noble fighter. My sword shall not find your back in the Arena.
Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker
kelly

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 12:54 pm

ANNOUNCEMENT, if you did not receive a PM here to start the game, please send me a PM! Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Rue
Papas frías
Rue

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 1:01 pm

Cable wrote:
Rue wrote:

Considering Cato snapped my neck and BOOM, I was dead, I am inclined to consider it.

As am I. Hence my career thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Foxface
Papas frías
Foxface

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 1:02 pm

!Cordelia
Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker
kelly

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 1:08 pm

OFFICIAL TALLY, from me, Seneca Crane

3 - Glimmer (Katniss, Rue, Thresh)
2 - Holden (Aspen, Arbor)
2 - Claire (Octave, Quinoa)
1 - Marvel (Holden)
1 - Thresh (Clove)
1 - Katniss (Glimmer)
1 - Cato (Gimp)
1 - Arbor (Carr)
1 - Cordelia (Foxface)
Back to top Go down
Jennie
Papas frías
Jennie

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 1:13 pm

What has Glimmer done to hold the grievances of 3 tributes?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Day One - The Cornucopia
Page 9 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The 74th Annual Hunger Games :: The Hunger Games :: The Arena-
Jump to: