The 74th Annual Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 74th Annual Hunger Games

A place for Capitol Punishment.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition

Go down 
+7
Poppycox88
Moses
s l i t h y
Albert B
forehead
Emlyn
Poker
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Poppycox88
Papas frías
Poppycox88

The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 3:49 pm

jon_bad. wrote:
Poppycox88 wrote:
Is anyone here not Team Wolverine? If so you can't play my fucking game because Cyclops is a horrible fucking character and a douchebag!

But...you made me Cyclops in AoA.

No

Sorry buddy that was random I believe. I've always hated Cyclops in the main universe he's a douchebag that took control of the X-Men because he felt betrayed by Professor X and felt entitled to take what the dude devoted his life to and radically change the direction of the race. While in the AoA universe he's pretty fucking whiny and emo.

You did great with him though.

I made Cyclops mafia in AoA? Are you sure?
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 3:55 pm

Poppycox88 wrote:
I made Cyclops mafia in AoA? Are you sure?

Of course I'm sure. And now I feel so betrayed.
Back to top Go down
Poppycox88
Papas frías
Poppycox88

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 3:57 pm

You were a vig right? You did great Jon, I think you almost won that game for your team right? James Sparrow was a horrible Apocalypse and you went out of your way to get your team as close as possible.

You made Cyclops cool in that game man. You should be proud.

Edit: I should point out that making you cyclops was not random really. I made you mafia and wanted you to be the vig but the vig being cyclops was random.
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 4:17 pm

I am proud.

I was a BA Cyclops.

Never forget how menacing we are. We are lions.

The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 2 Troy+achilles+03
Back to top Go down
forehead
Papas frías
forehead

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 5:48 pm

Poppycox88 wrote:
Nobody ever says "Team Wolverine" or "Team Cyclops" but they do split the group pretty evenly (although Cyclops seems to have gotten a bit more and honestly probably has the best group even though his book is shit).

Just read the Wolverine books and hope that Colossus comes to his senses and switches over to Wolverine's side.

Moses wrote:
They don't say "Team ____" in the books, but they're advertised that way in the ads in the back of the issues.

So it's Marvel/Marvel's advertising team and not the writers, hardly surprising.

Poppycox88 wrote:
Is anyone here not Team Wolverine? If so you can't play my fucking game because Cyclops is a horrible fucking character and a douchebag!

I'd need to see the full team but based on those two then Wolverine is a no brainer. On which team are Deadpool(he still with X-Men?), Fantomex, Dr Nemesis, Nightcrawler and Beast? Pretty much the only people I care for in the X-Men universe. Assuming Cable still isn't about.
Back to top Go down
Poppycox88
Papas frías
Poppycox88

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 5:52 pm

Fantomex and Dr. Nemesis are on nobody's team because they suck. I actually think they joined the west coast avengers or some other lame group. The nightcrawler kids are with Wolvie as is Beast. Deadpool I believe is on his own? He's still with X-Force though I believe so he'd be team wolverine.
Back to top Go down
Emlyn
Papas frías

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 5:58 pm

forehead wrote:
Fantomex, Dr Nemesis

What are we going to do with you? Actually, I'm more surprised that you also like good characters.
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 6:00 pm

He's eleven. He has no memory of a world before Fantomex. Don't be too harsh.

Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 6:45 pm

Fantomex and Deadpool are on Uncanny X-Force.

Nemesis, is still with Cyclops I believe.

Back to top Go down
forehead
Papas frías
forehead

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 7:22 pm

Emlyn wrote:
forehead wrote:
Fantomex, Dr Nemesis

What are we going to do with you? Actually, I'm more surprised that you also like good characters.

They're cool.

jon_bad. wrote:
He's eleven. He has no memory of a world before Fantomex. Don't be too harsh.

I'm 19 Sad

Well who else is there? The only other two characters from the X-Men who're decent that I didn't mention in that list is Wolverine and Colossus, because Poppy already mentioned them(or it was obvious for Wolverine).

Unless I'm forgetting anyone.
Back to top Go down
Poppycox88
Papas frías
Poppycox88

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 8:23 pm

Iceman, Rogue, Gambit, Angel, Magneto, Namor, Emma Frost, Psylocke, Magik, Kitty Pryde and so on and so on. There are so many cooler X-Men than those two losers man.

You're not allowed to read any new books until you go back and get some proper respect for the classics.
Back to top Go down
forehead
Papas frías
forehead

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 8:51 pm

Poppycox88 wrote:
Iceman, Rogue, Gambit, Angel, Magneto, Namor, Emma Frost, Psylocke, Magik, Kitty Pryde and so on and so on. There are so many cooler X-Men than those two losers man.

You're not allowed to read any new books until you go back and get some proper respect for the classics.

Forgot about Gambit, maybe Iceman. Meh on Rogue. I was going for heroes so I wouldn't put Magneto in there because he's so much better as a villain than hero. I didn't really think of Namor, because he's so in and out of X-Men titles.

Angel and the latter four aren't better than Fantomex or Dr Nemesis.
Back to top Go down
Poppycox88
Papas frías
Poppycox88

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 9:01 pm

Forehead how does it feel to be so wrong about so many things? Fantomex and Dr. Nemesis are fucking horrible and they can't compete with classic characters like Kitty Pryde and Angel. You're a new reader or super young (eight or something right?) so I can understand why you think they're cool but you should seriously go back and read the old stuff. Kitty Pryde is one of the all time great female superheroes as is Rogue and to say maybe to Iceman? MAYBE!??!?! One day you'll grow up Forehead one day.
Back to top Go down
forehead
Papas frías
forehead

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 9:08 pm

Poppycox88 wrote:
Forehead how does it feel to be so wrong about so many things? Fantomex and Dr. Nemesis are fucking horrible and they can't compete with classic characters like Kitty Pryde and Angel. You're a new reader or super young (eight or something right?) so I can understand why you think they're cool but you should seriously go back and read the old stuff. Kitty Pryde is one of the all time great female superheroes as is Rogue and to say maybe to Iceman? MAYBE!??!?! One day you'll grow up Forehead one day.

So because I don't agree with you(or others) then it's automatically because I'm not as old as you? It's nothing to do with the fact that it's an opinion and something that we just don't agree on.

Why should I read older issues if the characters have done nothing in the issues that I have read to make me give a shit about them?

Where I am at the moment it's all about Angel fighting the Archangel and Psylocke trying to control him and he's being a whiny bitch about it, it's just fucking annoying. And Kitty Pryde is stuck in her ghost form(I can't remember the name of it other than phased) and her and Colossus are being whiny about that too. They're making it difficult for me to give a shit about them, plenty of superhero have problems and you don't see them whining about it.

Oh and I'm never wrong, it's something that's pretty great.
Back to top Go down
Poppycox88
Papas frías
Poppycox88

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 9:38 pm

It is if you are basing your opinions on some of the lesser work done with the characters based on your age and unwillingness to look back Forehead.

All superheroes get whiny when things get bad. Spider-Man has made a fucking career out of it the thing is Fantomax and Dr. Nemesis aren't big enough characters to warrant anything of worth happening to them. The reason that Kitty and Colossus are whiny that she's stuck in her phased state is because there are years and years that have been spent fleshing out their romance and right when it seems like things are going great for them she has to give it up to save the Earth. They deserve to be a little whiny about that.

At the very least go back and read the issues where Wolverine mentors Pryde. Those stories are amazing and should be read by any X fan.

Seriously though Forehead plead your case for Fantomax and the other dude. What makes them good characters? What have they ever done that makes them better than the characters that have been entertaining fans of the series for years. Have they given up anything of importance for the betterment of the Earth or universe? Were they key parts in any of the huge X crossovers that Marvel loves to do?

Also you should watch that wrestling doc I talked about earlier (card subject to change) it has Road Dogg in it (he doesn't play a huge part but still) and you'd dig it man (I think).

Edit: I know my posts read harsh but that's just because I curse a lot and whatnot. You're cool Forehead (although you'd be a lot cooler if you liked Kitty Pryde elephant ....why elephant? Why not!)
Back to top Go down
Emlyn
Papas frías

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 9:55 pm

forehead wrote:
So because I don't agree with you(or others) then it's automatically because I'm not as old as you?

... Yeah, to put it simply.

You're young and dumb and could benefit from our many years of wisdom.
Back to top Go down
forehead
Papas frías
forehead

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 10:33 pm

Poppycox88 wrote:
It is if you are basing your opinions on some of the lesser work done with the characters based on your age and unwillingness to look back Forehead.

All superheroes get whiny when things get bad. Spider-Man has made a fucking career out of it the thing is Fantomax and Dr. Nemesis aren't big enough characters to warrant anything of worth happening to them. The reason that Kitty and Colossus are whiny that she's stuck in her phased state is because there are years and years that have been spent fleshing out their romance and right when it seems like things are going great for them she has to give it up to save the Earth. They deserve to be a little whiny about that.

At the very least go back and read the issues where Wolverine mentors Pryde. Those stories are amazing and should be read by any X fan.

Seriously though Forehead plead your case for Fantomax and the other dude. What makes them good characters? What have they ever done that makes them better than the characters that have been entertaining fans of the series for years. Have they given up anything of importance for the betterment of the Earth or universe? Were they key parts in any of the huge X crossovers that Marvel loves to do?

Also you should watch that wrestling doc I talked about earlier (card subject to change) it has Road Dogg in it (he doesn't play a huge part but still) and you'd dig it man (I think).

Edit: I know my posts read harsh but that's just because I curse a lot and whatnot. You're cool Forehead (although you'd be a lot cooler if you liked Kitty Pryde elephant ....why elephant? Why not!)

I'm struggling to keep up with current comics(well technically I'm behind and struggling to catch up) so the chance of me reading older comics is even more slim.

Spider-man redeems himself by being fucking hilarious. Yeah, he might whine but he's also very funny and that goes a long way to giving him character.

Cases for them? Fantomex is a fucking badass. You read that X-Force story with Apocalypse? What good were Deadpool, Psylocke, Angel and Wolverine then? They were no good at all and it was Fantomex who saved the day. I haven't actually reached the bit with the cloning, but I assume he's controlled the threat and is either going to re-educate with hopes to make the child a hero or learn how to defeat or control the real Apocalypse, or something like that. I just like Dr Nemesis, perhaps it's the new character coming into the story, or it's that he doesn't really have any powers. Not sure.

How does sacrifice automatically make you a great character? Cyclops is shit, he's had to sacrifice tonnes. They've only had like one crossover since they both joined the main X-titles(that I've read so far).

I'll get to it, probably be Friday before I get a chance since I've got a deadline for an assignment at 5pm on Friday that I don't have the equipment to do yet so can't do it now.

That's ok, I swear a lot too, mostly for emphasis so I get it. Elephant being they suck and so does Kitty Pryde?

Emlyn wrote:
forehead wrote:
So because I don't agree with you(or others) then it's automatically because I'm not as old as you?

... Yeah, to put it simply.

You're young and dumb and could benefit from our many years of wisdom.

Aren't you 23? 4 years older doesn't give you that sort of high horse.

Last edited by forehead on Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 10:33 pm

Forehead, you are eighteen steps ahead of the guys I tried to convince, back in the mid 90s, about Liefeld's art being terrible.

"His art is fresh, exciting!"

"His style is energizing and dynamic!"

"Feet? Who cares about the feet?"

"Of course that posture is possible."

"I've seen guys with tiny heads and legs but ginormous torsos before...down at the mall."

Maybe the guys can suggest some specific arcs for you and you give them a try?

I'll start:

Astonishing X-Men 1 through 24 plus Giant Sized Astonishing X-Men #1. All Joss Whedon and it helps you catch up with the Kitty Pryde and Colossus stuff.

It really is a MUST READ. I'm asking you to trust me and just do it.

You will thank me for it when you're done. You don't have to, but you probably will anyway. sunny

Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 10:40 pm

I do like Fantomex more than I do Gambit.

There. I said it.

Gambit has never grown on me.

Back to top Go down
forehead
Papas frías
forehead

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 10:41 pm

Hmm, Joss Whedon...would you all hate me if I said that I thought the pilot of Firefly was distinctly average? I might check it out.

Is it better than Warren Ellis's Astonishing X-Men?
Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 10:43 pm

forehead wrote:
Hmm, Joss Whedon...would you all hate me if I said that I thought the pilot of Firefly was distinctly average? I might check it out.

Is it better than Warren Ellis's Astonishing X-Men?

I would not blame you. I'm not a Brown coat.

and yes, yes it is.

Just trust me.

Or do it because I am the Disco Spider and demand it of you!

Back to top Go down
Poppycox88
Papas frías
Poppycox88

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 10:56 pm

I'll stick with the obvious ones.

1. Days of Future past
2. Dark Phoenix Saga
3. God Loves, Man Kills
4. Age of Apocalypse of course
5. Mutant Massacre
6. Wolverine's wedding
7. X-Men: Deadly Genesis
8. All of the Exiles books

How do you not like Gambit?
Back to top Go down
Spinal
Papas frías
Spinal

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 10:58 pm

Poker wrote:
I do like Fantomex more than I do Gambit.

There. I said it.

Gambit has never grown on me.

Poppycox88 wrote:

I never liked Gambit.

Last edited by Spinal on Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Spinal
Papas frías
Spinal

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 11:00 pm

Poppycox88 wrote:

1. Days of Future past
2. Dark Phoenix Saga
3. God Loves, Man Kills
5. Mutant Massacre
6. Wolverine's wedding

What are your thoughts on the Kitty Pryde and Wolverine mini series?

Last edited by Spinal on Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Poppycox88
Papas frías
Poppycox88

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 11:01 pm

Wait Forehead doesn't like elephants?

I give up Forehead. Don't read any of the stuff I said you don't deserve it!

Hates elephants, what's wrong with this guy?
Back to top Go down
Poppycox88
Papas frías
Poppycox88

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 11:03 pm

Spinal wrote:
Poppycox88 wrote:

1. Days of Future past
2. Dark Phoenix Saga
3. God Loves, Man Kills
5. Mutant Massacre
6. Wolverine's wedding

What are your thoughts on the Kitty Pryde and Wolverine mini series?

I haven't read too much of it (just the first couple issues I believe) but I'm generally a fan of any time Wolverine hangs out with Kitty. I love their dynamic and how it set the stage for Wolverine to continue being a mentor for certain kids over the years. Wolverine needed something to humanize him a bit and Kitty was the perfect choice.
Back to top Go down
Poppycox88
Papas frías
Poppycox88

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 11:04 pm

Spinal what's your beef with Gambit?
Back to top Go down
Emlyn
Papas frías

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 11:04 pm

forehead wrote:
4 years older doesn't give you that sort of high horse.

I know you think you know everything right now but in four years you'll discover 23 is when you actually know everything.
Back to top Go down
Spinal
Papas frías
Spinal

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 11:09 pm

Poppycox88 wrote:
Spinal what's your beef with Gambit?

To me he was just never that great of a character, and was created just to cause conflict in the team. He never grew on me, I tried to many times to count. He was a favorite of one of my step-sons and I could never figure out why.

Why do you like him?
Back to top Go down
Lady Shyka
Gamemaker
Lady Shyka

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 11:12 pm

forehead wrote:
Hmm, Joss Whedon...would you all hate me if I said that I thought the pilot of Firefly was distinctly average?
No....but I will smite you.

Poker wrote:
I would not blame you. I'm not a Brown coat.
and you.
Back to top Go down
forehead
Papas frías
forehead

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 11:13 pm

Poppycox88 wrote:

Twas a joke. TBH, I don't really care for animals in general. Although cats and foxes are bad.

edit: yas, I'm the villain of the board. Me and Poker will be the heel team of the new mafiatache board.

Last edited by forehead on Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Poppycox88
Papas frías
Poppycox88

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 11:14 pm

Emlyn wrote:
forehead wrote:

I know you think you know everything right now but in four years you'll discover 23 is when you actually know everything.

Truer words have never been spoken (I'm only 23 too Forehead).

@ Spinal - He's not the best character by far but he's cool. He has that devil may care attitude and tries to be a ladies man but deep down all he wants is Rogue. If anything you should be pissed at Rogue for stringing him along only to fall in love with Magneto or whatever. What kind of bitch does that but yeah I can see you not being the hugest fan of his. I guess I love trying to figure out how he's going to play into things you know? He's usually a good guy but he has enough of an edge to possibly change sides or do something unexpected.
Back to top Go down
Poppycox88
Papas frías
Poppycox88

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 11:15 pm

forehead wrote:
Poppycox88 wrote:

Twas a joke. TBH, I don't really care for animals in general. Although cats and foxes are bad.

Do you mean good bad or bad bad? Foxes are such a weird animal to randomly hate. What's up with that?
Back to top Go down
forehead
Papas frías
forehead

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 11:18 pm

Poppycox88 wrote:
Emlyn wrote:
forehead wrote:

You're not Stan Lee? affraid You come across older on here, not sure if that's a good or bad thing.
Back to top Go down
forehead
Papas frías
forehead

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 11:19 pm

Poppycox88 wrote:
forehead wrote:
Poppycox88 wrote:

Do you mean good bad or bad bad? Foxes are such a weird animal to randomly hate. What's up with that?

Bad bad. There's tonnes of stray cats and foxes in my town, had a sort of phobia when I grew up so it's sort of carried on into adolescence. Obviously, I'm not scared of either but I just don't like them. Foxes are always howling at night outside my house too Mad
Back to top Go down
Emlyn
Papas frías

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 11:20 pm

forehead wrote:
Although cats and foxes are bad.

I think we can all agree that cats are soulless and evil but foxes are alright.
Back to top Go down
Poppycox88
Papas frías
Poppycox88

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 11:21 pm

forehead wrote:
Poppycox88 wrote:
Emlyn wrote:
forehead wrote:

You're not Stan Lee? affraid You come across older on here, not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

Way before your time on the board I was the guy they made fun of for being so young. Even Emlyn (who's only slightly older or even possibly younger) made fun of me for my age.

I think coming across as older is probably a good thing lol. It's because I know what I'm talking about.

Edit: I own a cat and he's awesome guys! You'd like him. I could see how you wouldn't like foxes or cats though Forehead. I'd probably be the same in that situation.
Back to top Go down
Emlyn
Papas frías

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 11:26 pm

Poppycox88 wrote:
Way before your time on the board I was the guy they made fun of for being so young. Even Emlyn (who's only slightly older or even possibly younger) made fun of me for my age.

I did. I'm slightly older. I don't remember your birthday (August?) but I remember noting that I'm older than you (by very little). Remember when we used to deny your claims that you're a guy? Good times.
Back to top Go down
Spinal
Papas frías
Spinal

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 11:28 pm

Poppycox88 wrote:
Emlyn wrote:
forehead wrote:

@ Spinal - He's not the best character by far but he's cool. He has that devil may care attitude and tries to be a ladies man but deep down all he wants is Rogue. If anything you should be pissed at Rogue for stringing him along only to fall in love with Magneto or whatever. What kind of bitch does that but yeah I can see you not being the hugest fan of his. I guess I love trying to figure out how he's going to play into things you know? He's usually a good guy but he has enough of an edge to possibly change sides or do something unexpected.

I was reading the books when he was introduced and he just didn't fit in, IMO. And the thing with him and Rouge just seemed like a rehash of the Wolverine/Jean love story.

Maybe Forehead sees in Fantomex what you see in Gambit. I really don't know since I don't know who Fantomex is.

Back to top Go down
Poppycox88
Papas frías
Poppycox88

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 11:30 pm

Ha yeah those were great times, nothing like defending your gender to bring people together.

My birthday is in September so yeah you're a bit older than me but we're all way older than Forehead right? That little whippersnapper!
Back to top Go down
Poppycox88
Papas frías
Poppycox88

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 11:32 pm

Spinal wrote:
Poppycox88 wrote:
Emlyn wrote:
forehead wrote:

I was reading the books when he was introduced and he just didn't fit in, IMO. And the thing with him and Rouge just seemed like a rehash of the Wolverine/Jean love story.

Maybe Forehead sees in Fantomex what you see in Gambit. I really don't know since I don't know who Fantomex is.

Could you explain how you saw it as a rehash? I don't really see too many similarities in the two romances. I guess you could say that both were about guys pining for girls they could never have (Jean since she was with Cyclops and Rogue because of her power) but I can't think of anything else.
Back to top Go down
Emlyn
Papas frías

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 11:33 pm

Poppycox88 wrote:
My birthday is in September

My memory must be going. I'm not 19 anymore.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next