The 74th Annual Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 74th Annual Hunger Games

A place for Capitol Punishment.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition

Go down 
+7
Poppycox88
Moses
s l i t h y
Albert B
forehead
Emlyn
Poker
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Moses
Papas frías
Moses

The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 12:32 pm

Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 12:33 pm

jon_bad. wrote:
Did you guys forget about that? I guess you did!

I certainly did.

Ignore my my post about the 3 three character minimum.

Back to top Go down
Moses
Papas frías
Moses

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 12:33 pm

Poppycox88 wrote:
Stupid double post!

You'd know how to prevent this if you read X-Club. But instead, you're dumb and don't appreciate the power of science.

Have you read Atomic Robo and his Action Scientists? It's the same kind of humor as that.
Back to top Go down
Poppycox88
Papas frías
Poppycox88

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 12:34 pm

Damn I should have looked into it before I said I would.

Remind me in four months Moses!
Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 1:09 pm

X-Club right?

I'm waiting for the last issue to release before I load the set on my iPad to read.

Back to top Go down
Poppycox88
Papas frías
Poppycox88

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 1:17 pm

Don't do it Poker, stay strong with me and together we will fight the wave of X-Club love that Moses and Forehead have!

Plus I'll bring punch and pie.
Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 1:29 pm

Too late. I got the first four issues like last week when Moses told me to.

He was very convincing. It was like listening to Captain America tell you to go get them nazis!

Back to top Go down
Poppycox88
Papas frías
Poppycox88

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 1:32 pm

Well have you read them? If not you can delete them and make a bigger statement.
Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 1:37 pm

Poppycox88 wrote:
Well have you read them? If not you can delete them and make a bigger statement.

I'm not wired that way.

If they suck terribly I will, but if I got them, I have to read them.

Besides, if they suck and I read them because of him, I can complain about it. Win/Win.

Back to top Go down
Poppycox88
Papas frías
Poppycox88

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 1:39 pm

Okay Poker read them and then tell him they suck and that Dr. Nemesis will never be as cool as Beast.

Do it!
Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 1:43 pm

I'd like to see an All Star "Science Squad" limited series book.

Beast
Hank Pym
The Bearded Ballchinian Stark
Reed Richards

and a couple others. You need a "good guy with a bad attitude" type though and none of those fit it. Perhaps this Dr. Nemesis has a niche to fill?

Back to top Go down
Moses
Papas frías
Moses

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 1:57 pm

I'll trade your Stark and Reed for:

Valerie Richards
Victor von Doom
Beast
Dr. Nemesis

And I guess Pym could be there.

That would be gold. To get Doom, and to get him to cooperate, you need Valeria there. I love the dynamic going in FF with the kids and him.

You don't need to wait until it finishes, Poker. Read one issue right now and tell us what you think.
Back to top Go down
Moses
Papas frías
Moses

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 1:58 pm

That's another one, coxxy. You need to be reading FF. If you like the Wolverine kids, you'll like FF.
Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 1:59 pm

Yeah, FF and Fantastic Four are really good.

Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 2:00 pm

I don't get why we're trading out two smarter guys than Doom for Doom and Valeria?

Back to top Go down
Moses
Papas frías
Moses

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 2:06 pm

Because Reed is BUSY.

And Valeria is basically Reed, just in a tiny girl form.

Plus Nemesis + Doom would be so much fun.
Back to top Go down
Poppycox88
Papas frías
Poppycox88

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 3:15 pm

The trades for FF out yet? I could get that.
Back to top Go down
forehead
Papas frías
forehead

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 3:25 pm

Poppycox88 wrote:
Don't do it Poker, stay strong with me and together we will fight the wave of X-Club love that Moses and Forehead have!

Plus I'll bring punch and pie.

Dude, I don't even know what X-Club is, I'm still reading through Fear Itself(I haven't touched the pile in like two months, such is my coursework load).

Poker wrote:
I'd like to see an All Star "Science Squad" limited series book.

Beast
Hank Pym
The Bearded Ballchinian Stark
Reed Richards

and a couple others. You need a "good guy with a bad attitude" type though and none of those fit it. Perhaps this Dr. Nemesis has a niche to fill?

Moses wrote:
I'll trade your Stark and Reed for:

Valerie Richards
Victor von Doom
Beast
Dr. Nemesis

And I guess Pym could be there.

That would be gold. To get Doom, and to get him to cooperate, you need Valeria there. I love the dynamic going in FF with the kids and him.

You don't need to wait until it finishes, Poker. Read one issue right now and tell us what you think.

You guys are gonna have a science squad and not have Spider-man? I'd take Moses team and swap Spider-man with Hank Pym. Maybe have Stark turn up every now and then.
Back to top Go down
Emlyn
Papas frías

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 3:33 pm

Woah. How is Jon posting without saying anything? Kidding, I know exactly how he's doing it.
Back to top Go down
Moses
Papas frías
Moses

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 3:42 pm

Poppycox88 wrote:
The trades for FF out yet? I could get that.

Some of 'em.

It's worth grabbing all issues of that (all by Jonathan Hickman), as well as all Fantastic Four by Hickman.

I never got into Fantastic Four pre-Hickman, but he's made it great, especially Johnny Storm.
Back to top Go down
Moses
Papas frías
Moses

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 3:43 pm

forehead wrote:
You guys are gonna have a science squad and not have Spider-man? I'd take Moses team and swap Spider-man with Hank Pym. Maybe have Stark turn up every now and then.

He's on enough teams!

But yeah, I'd do that too. Peter Parker at Horizon Labs has been great fun for the character.
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 3:57 pm

Emlyn wrote:
Woah. How is Jon posting without saying anything? Kidding, I know exactly how he's doing it.

invisible ink. (damn you, Emlyn! lol
Back to top Go down
Emlyn
Papas frías

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 3:59 pm

What's with the funny symbols when we do size 0 text?
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 4:03 pm

Emlyn wrote:

I don't know they only seem to show up in preview mode.
Back to top Go down
Emlyn
Papas frías

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 4:05 pm

s l i t h y wrote:
Emlyn wrote:

Really? I see them with all size 0 text except for Jon's.
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 4:08 pm

Emlyn wrote:
s l i t h y wrote:
Emlyn wrote:

Really? I see them with all size 0 text except for Jon's.

Yes. Only in the Preview and Topic Review windows. Maybe I need to logout and back in. I don't have the + and - signs on the right either.
Back to top Go down
Emlyn
Papas frías

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 4:13 pm

s l i t h y wrote:
I don't have the + and - signs on the right either.

Me neither. I think it's only mods who do.
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 4:16 pm

So weird.
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 4:16 pm

Emlyn wrote:
s l i t h y wrote:

Logging off and on didn't help. I had them during the game (and even used them) but now they're gone.
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 4:18 pm

jon_bad. wrote:
So weird.

The next time Emlyn and I are mafia together we're not going to need the mafia board.
Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 6:53 pm

I don't get the symbols or all the blank posts.

Someone please explain.

Just occured to me...0 size text.

duh

Last edited by Poker on Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 6:57 pm

s l i t h y wrote:
Emlyn wrote:
s l i t h y wrote:

Logging off and on didn't help. I had them during the game (and even used them) but now they're gone.

I never had them either, but the powers that be are using the heck out of them it seems.

We should have volunteered to help out with the game, rather than play. We could be infamying it up in this joint!

Back to top Go down
Albert B
Papas frías
Albert B

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 7:03 pm

jon_bad. wrote:
forehead wrote:
Gambit in the 90s animated series is one helluva badass.

You'd better believe it, petit.

Maybe it's because I grew up in the south...but I always loved Gambit. But I guess I really do have a soft spot for that 90s core group.

Blue: Cyclops, Wolverine, Gambit, Jubilee, Beast, Psylocke and Rogue
Gold: Storm, Bishop, Archangel, Jean Grey, Colossus and Iceman

I first started seriously collecting/reading comics in the 80s. So, for me its: Wolverine, Beast, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Kitty Pride, Mohawk Storm, Forge (for some reason, I really liked him. Put him on your super science nerd team!)

jon_bad. wrote:
Isn't Magneto like...85? Why is Rogue getting up on that?

There was a storyline (70s or early 80s maybe) where he was transformed into a baby then later returned to his prime. This may have happened more than once, if I recall. So, while he's old as dirt, physically he's not so old.
Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 9:54 pm

I definately recall the "Joseph" faze in the 90s and I'm pretty sure it happened way before that, at least once, as well. I also recall him being reduced to the state of an infant and placed in, I think Moira MacTaggert's care for a short while. I'm pretty sure that was in the 70s.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition   The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Leaque of Extraordinary Comic Fans: MGH Edition
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4