The 74th Annual Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 74th Annual Hunger Games

A place for Capitol Punishment.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter

Go down 
+18
forehead
ASKEWD
Gargoyle Geek
Lorene
new bird
Foxface
Katniss
Spinal
Albert B
Ana
Rue
SweetIrony!
Lady Shyka
Celtic
Poker
s l i t h y
Dileo33
bad_jon.
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18
AuthorMessage
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 1:17 pm

Actually, who am I kidding. Could there ever be enough Kristen Bell?
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 1:17 pm

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the lack of 30 second buffer between posts, btw.
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 1:18 pm

THANKS JON! (or Shyka, whoever did that for me)
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 1:18 pm

I promise you won't regret it.
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 1:20 pm

Dileo33 wrote:
ROLL TIDE! wrote:
Neptune wrote:
I didn't try to hide my identity at all.

Actually, quite the opposite, I thought I was dropping clues left and right.

Haha, me too. I thought you were the most "obvious" and was mouth agape no one had you pegged (except SI!, of course.)

Ahem. See my day 1 list.

I tried to brag on it in the game makers thread, but it reposted as veggies and I didn't have the energy to translate. Masterful.
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 1:21 pm

Neptune wrote:
As I told jon, without a player list to try and guess from (or match up), I didnt think it was worth the effort to even try to figure out who was who, so I didnt approach it from that standpoint. Turns out, that is what he was going for....

Yeah, I didn't actively try to figure out who was who either. I enjoyed not knowing who everybody was and based my decisions solely (mostly) on the in game posts.

(Oh, and, btw, I don't have any cats.)
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 1:22 pm

Neptune wrote:

Big ditto. I think that was one of the first things I set up over here, but shyka has helped so much with the back end, it is hard to keep it straight. She was a big help with board logistics.
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 1:23 pm

Neptune wrote:
s l i t h y wrote:
Not enought Kristen Bell, though.

Queen of resourcefulness was insufficient?

I didn't say insufficient.

Stop putting words in my mouth!
Back to top Go down
Dileo33
Papas frías
Dileo33

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 1:33 pm

Slithy, I racked my message board detective skills for hours trying to figure out who you were. It was the Paul Lynde reference that really threw me off. I thought it would help narrow you down, but it didn't.

My favorite thing was the mutt/ghost board completely convinced that Poker was Starbuck. Huh?
Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker
kelly

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 1:36 pm

Dileo33 wrote:
My favorite thing was the mutt/ghost board completely convinced that Poker was Starbuck. Huh?

That was all my fault.
Back to top Go down
Ana
Papas frías
Ana

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 2:00 pm

s l i t h y wrote:
Nice game, Neptune. I figured if I didn't multiquote that first day and did the long catch up string of posts that someone out there might think I was you.

Then days later I tried to multiquote but I couldn't get it to work.

if I'd been thinking more clearly from the beginning I would have tried to ape a different posters' style each day.

I really did think you were LO off the bat. In fact, when LO dropped hints about who he was, I read them as pointed towards you, not himself. Once I learned that you weren't, though, I did guess correctly.

s l i t h y wrote:
Yeah, I didn't actively try to figure out who was who either. I enjoyed not knowing who everybody was and based my decisions solely (mostly) on the in game posts.

I wasn't actively trying to until I was dead. But I couldn't help but wonder.

Dileo33 wrote:

I thought he was Poker, but due to something ROLL TIDE! said, Askewd said it was Starbuck and I went with it. And I kept trying to read his posts as Buck but was still stuck on the Poker thing. I was glad when I realized I was right the first time around.
Back to top Go down
Spinal
Papas frías
Spinal

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 2:05 pm

Neptune wrote:
I didn't try to hide my identity at all.

Actually, quite the opposite, I thought I was dropping clues left and right.

I had you pegged the quickest.
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 3:57 pm

Spinal wrote:
I had you pegged the quickest.

The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 18 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTkmWzpD8zGRRF-yJJOAxUwKd_qbLCDHtPrMylUIA5Wfvc7ovCQojfjyahL
Back to top Go down
Lady Shyka
Gamemaker
Lady Shyka

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 6:18 pm

Hey, Mutts!

Your gift certificates have been sent to your email addresses via the vahungergames email address. Please let me know whether you did or didn't receive it.
Back to top Go down
Lady Shyka
Gamemaker
Lady Shyka

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 6:20 pm

Neptune wrote:
It's set to 10 seconds at the moment, and it's configurable.
Back to top Go down
Lady Shyka
Gamemaker
Lady Shyka

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 6:21 pm

Claudius Templesmith wrote:
Neptune wrote:

Big ditto. I think that was one of the first things I set up over here, but shyka has helped so much with the back end, it is hard to keep it straight. She was a big help with board logistics.
Nobody even noticed the favicon I set up Sad
Back to top Go down
Celtic
Papas frías
Celtic

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 6:25 pm

I really dig the "someone posted since you started typing" window.
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 6:45 pm

Lady Shyka wrote:

Because I still can't see it. Did you replace the one I failed to get to work before you came aboard, then?
Back to top Go down
Lady Shyka
Gamemaker
Lady Shyka

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 6:50 pm

Lady Shyka wrote:

Because I still can't see it. Did you replace the one I failed to get to work before you came aboard, then?
I replaced it ages ago, before the game even started, I just never said anything. You really can't see it? What browser are you using? I can see it in IE9, Firefox 10 and Safari 5. The original one was that stupid green speech bubble.
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 6:53 pm

Lady Shyka wrote:
Lady Shyka wrote:

I replaced it ages ago, before the game even started, I just never said anything. You really can't see it? What browser are you using? I can see it in IE9, Firefox 10 and Safari 5. The original one was that stupid green speech bubble.

Oh, I made a favicon in Photoshop and tried to upload it, but I could never see if it worked or not. I'm using Chrome at home and Rockmelt at work. Neither can see it. I have no favicon at all. Just the standard globe.
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 6:53 pm

Lady Shyka wrote:

To double, or not to double.....that is the question.

Last edited by Neptune on Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 6:54 pm

Lady Shyka wrote:

I'm on Safari, and I have no idea what you are talking about.

afro
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 7:00 pm

Look at the little icon on the tab for this page.

(I think that's what they're talking aboot.)

It looks legit. (in the lingo of my day-old teenage son.)
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 7:02 pm

How long do we have to edit a post before it shows as having been edited? Is there a time limit or is it until someone posts after you?

(I gues I could test it but I'm too lazy so I'll expend more energy just asking.)
Back to top Go down
Lady Shyka
Gamemaker
Lady Shyka

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 7:05 pm

I think it's just as long as nobody's posted yet.

But the ability to edit a post is only an option for 1 day and then you can no longer edit it.

But for an Admin the behaviour is weird and inconsistent.
Back to top Go down
Ana
Papas frías
Ana

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 8:35 pm

Thank you, Shyka, I received my email.
Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 8:52 pm

Celtic wrote:
I really dig the "someone posted since you started typing" window.

I disabled mine sometime on day one.

It was during the hunt for the way to shut down e-mail notifications, but I left it off anyway.

I will say that it is a pretty neat feature tho.

Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 9:04 pm

Lady Shyka wrote:
Hey, Mutts!

Your gift certificates have been sent to your email addresses via the vahungergames email address. Please let me know whether you did or didn't receive it.

I got mine. Thank you very much.

It feels odd to win something playing these games though.

I'm just appreciative of the donation to the children's hospital.

My kids are the most important part of my life and it's truly my charity of choice.

Kids should never have to spend ANY time in a hospital, but when they do they should have the very best of everything to help them get better or at least to distract them from the stress of it.

Back to top Go down
Ana
Papas frías
Ana

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 9:10 pm

Poker wrote:
It feels odd to win something playing these games though.

That's how I feel. I'm just happy to get the win. To get a prize with it...well, y'all are pretty freakin awesome. Thanks again for the game!
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 11:52 pm

I read through some of the Alliance threads and I love the fact they were able to pool their resources. That each person had a particular power with their token, but that the other items didn't die with a particular person.

I really loved this game! Thanks for all the thought and work you put into it!
Back to top Go down
Jennie
Papas frías
Jennie

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 9:41 am

Poker wrote:
Peeta wrote:
Jon, kellly, Penny, Jons better half... thanks to all for the game. Very excellent.

I think it was you that finally figured out Cato was Jennnnnnie right?

Askewd didn't even realize I was playing but I'm not shocked to see he was the first to make an attempt on my life lol

Celtic wrote:
I thought Cato initially was 4-head thanks to the devotion to (and style of) the RP-ing. Good job by Jennie hiding who she was.

Thanks. I had just finished watching the first season of Spartacus. I was just RPing as a gladiator. My intention was to play it up so no one would kill me for being me.

Ana wrote:
Uh, WOW, I only just learned from reading Cato's board that we were supposed to use one of our items AND do one of the other actions. I thought our token's power was the primary power use. Well crap, we coulda done more there.

Then again, we didn't even know we had a lynch to work with until it was spelled out.

I realized after the alliances broke up that other people didn't know this. I used it to my advantage. The day I saved Clove and I, I used both medical supplies because I knew at least 1 would be blocked.
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 10:41 am

Hey Jennie - I watched Hedwig last night. I really liked it. I can't believe I didn't see it when it first came out. (Then I realized I had a 2-year old and a newborn. I know I've missed out on quite a bit since then!)

But thanks to you and your raving about it and the tattoosI finally got around to seeing it. I'll definitely be watching it again. Probably even buy it, too. AND the soundtrack!

I put on some make-up, and turn up the eight-track...
Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker
kelly

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 11:04 am

It's so wonderful, isn't it. A brilliant love story and Origin of Love makes me weepy just thinking about it.

The soundtrack is so totally worth it.

You can get all enraged with Angry Inch, swoon along with Origin of Love, dance your ass off to Wig in a Box, rock out to Midnight Radio. IT'S ALL SO GREAT.
Back to top Go down
Jennie
Papas frías
Jennie

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 1:47 pm

...I'm pulling the wig down from the shelf.

My kids know a lot of the songs now because it's on my ipod. Good stuff. I'm really glad you liked it. Add one more to the list of converts, ROLL TIDE! .
Back to top Go down
Emlyn
Papas frías

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 8:58 pm

I guess I'll have to call you kellly, then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter
Page 18 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18