The 74th Annual Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 74th Annual Hunger Games

A place for Capitol Punishment.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter

Go down 
+18
forehead
ASKEWD
Gargoyle Geek
Lorene
new bird
Foxface
Katniss
Spinal
Albert B
Ana
Rue
SweetIrony!
Lady Shyka
Celtic
Poker
s l i t h y
Dileo33
bad_jon.
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
SweetIrony!
Papas frías
SweetIrony!

The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 12:48 am

Octave wrote:
Marvel wrote:
Octave wrote:

What did you get in your Feast backpack?
I see no potential benefit in revealing that. Unless you're saying you want to be friends? I also like your charity and I think you've been paying the best attention for most of the game. You're in the running.
You're the first one to ask (at least since the Feast) so I'd be happy to be your friend. I'd be honored to make it to the Final Four with you.

*shakes hand*

I have two guards that I don't really see myself needing since it's fine if I die. And a handful of sand.

*the hand I didn't shake with.
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 12:54 am

*shakes hand*

I've submitted my guard so I've done all i can do with what I have. I'm set for the eod, whether it's at midnight or noon. Or 3pm.

Back to top Go down
SweetIrony!
Papas frías
SweetIrony!

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 12:55 am

Octave wrote:
And I like your charity as well. I almost chose it but decided to go with something closer to home that has actually helped my family.

(And with the drama over the board closing and the whole flap with the Wayne Foundation I thought RAINN was involved with that as well. I was very glad to learn that that is not the case.)
RAINN actually lost quite a bit of money with the formation of the Wayne Foundation and the diversion of board funds (not just with registration fees, but with all the extracurricular board donating as well).
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 1:04 am

Marvel wrote:
Octave wrote:
And I like your charity as well. I almost chose it but decided to go with something closer to home that has actually helped my family.

(And with the drama over the board closing and the whole flap with the Wayne Foundation I thought RAINN was involved with that as well. I was very glad to learn that that is not the case.)
RAINN actually lost quite a bit of money with the formation of the Wayne Foundation and the diversion of board funds (not just with registration fees, but with all the extracurricular board donating as well).
That's a shame. There's got to me more to the story about why the board was just wiped completely off the internet. But I'm not sure I really want to know.
Back to top Go down
Celtic
Papas frías
Celtic

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 1:05 am

Mine is also one I've seen make a local difference - I try to give to its annual telethon every year. If I could run I would do the marathon or things for it but that's not really in the cards. It's pretty known around here but I never really know how far these things spread out - people come from all over the country to get treated at Dana Farber but does the Jimmy Fund go back with it?
Back to top Go down
Dileo33
Papas frías
Dileo33

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 3:34 am

So what's the final word on EOD?

Just please don't make it earlier then noon central.
Back to top Go down
Ana
Papas frías
Ana

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 3:38 am

I missed the "don't" on my first read and was about to yell at you. But I guess there's no need. Yes, noon central is about the earliest I can do, and even that's questionable.
Back to top Go down
Ana
Papas frías
Ana

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 4:27 am

Just in case I'm not awake for EOD...

!Foxface
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 9:25 am

No consensus, so it Will end at 2 central today...and again at midnight central.
Back to top Go down
SweetIrony!
Papas frías
SweetIrony!

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 9:41 am

Carr wrote:
Mine is also one I've seen make a local difference - I try to give to its annual telethon every year. If I could run I would do the marathon or things for it but that's not really in the cards. It's pretty known around here but I never really know how far these things spread out - people come from all over the country to get treated at Dana Farber but does the Jimmy Fund go back with it?
I hadn't heard of it before, but I looked it up when you chose it and I'm glad I've heard of it now.

Back to top Go down
Spinal
Papas frías
Spinal

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 10:23 am

Marvel wrote:
You're in the running.

The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 4 357iik
Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 10:49 am

Marvel wrote:
Carr wrote:
I hadn't heard of it before, but I looked it up when you chose it and I'm glad I've heard of it now.

Did you look mine up too? It's great. I've donated cash and comics to them. I gave them a decent sized box of comics suitable for kids 5 and up (because being in the hospital is miserable enough, having some decent reading material makes it easier) and several of the kids made me a thank you card. I think I have a photo of it somewhere.

If I had more suitably aged comics to give them, I'd do it again in a hot minute.

Back to top Go down
new bird
Papas frías
new bird

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 10:52 am

What out for those Mutts. They certainly aren't lap dogs...
Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 10:55 am

I just entered this from my local movie chain:

Starting March 12, be chosen as Tribute by Effie Trinket and you could win your District’s Prize as set out below. Enter the reaping once and you are entered for all twelve draws:

MAR 12 | DISTRICT 12: HUNGER GAMES PRIZE PACK + DOUBLE MOVIE PASS

MAR 13 | DISTRICT 11: ONE (1) $250 GROCERY GIFT CARD

MAR 14 | DISTRICT 10: AUTOGRAPHED MEMORABILIA + DOUBLE MOVIE PASS

MAR 15 | DISTRICT 9: ONE (1) $250 RESTAURANT GIFT CARD

MAR 16 | DISTRICT 8: ONE (1) $250 SHOPPING MALL GIFT CARD

MAR 17 | DISTRICT 7: AUTOGRAPHED MEMORABILIA + DOUBLE MOVIE PASS

MAR 18 | DISTRICT 6: GPS NAVIGATION SYSTEM

MAR 19 | DISTRICT 5: iPOD, OFFICIAL SOUNDTRACK + $50 iTUNES GIFT CARD

MAR 20 | DISTRICT 4: HUNGER GAMES PRIZE PACK + DOUBLE MOVIE PASS

MAR 21 | DISTRICT 3: KOBO EREADER, TRILOGY OF BOOKS + $50 GIFT CARD

MAR 22 | DISTRICT 2: THE NEW APPLE IPAD - 32GB WITH WI-FI + 4G

MAR 23 | DISTRICT 1: VIP MOVIE EXPERIENCE: YOU + 9 FRIENDS TO SEE THE HUNGER GAMES - RESERVED SEATS AND REFRESHMENTS

The Hunger Games in Theatres and IMAX March 23rd!

Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 11:04 am

Claudius Templesmith wrote:
No consensus, so it Will end at 2 central today...and again at midnight central.

Ugh! Midnight central is soooo inconvenient. I was going to be waaaayyyy over there on that big hill howling at the moon and posing for air brush artists.

grrrrrrrrr Ripping someone a new orifice tonight.

Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 11:14 am

Somebody is getting screwed in 12 hour days.
Back to top Go down
Celtic
Papas frías
Celtic

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 11:52 am

Wow, a ghost town in here. Am I the ONLY one willing to stand the Mutt's stench for more than 30 seconds? Just a gift from growing up poor with siblings I guess.
Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 12:06 pm

Our sense of smell is greater than your own. Believe me, meat, if we could we would eat and leave. Your stench smells like the rot of the dead after this many days of living in fear, in the woods without the sense to clean yourselves.

Back to top Go down
Celtic
Papas frías
Celtic

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 12:08 pm

Sense? Sure. Amenities? Well...if you'll loan me your tail for a moment

...yeeeeaahhhh that's the stuff
Back to top Go down
Celtic
Papas frías
Celtic

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 12:17 pm

So...who wants to die today? Anyone?

Foxface, if you want me to kill you say nothing.
Back to top Go down
Celtic
Papas frías
Celtic

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 12:28 pm

Ok cool.
Back to top Go down
Celtic
Papas frías
Celtic

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 12:42 pm

I wonder if the Mutts' votes in-thread are, like Communism, just a red herring.
Back to top Go down
Spinal
Papas frías
Spinal

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 12:46 pm

The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 4 Tumbleweed
Back to top Go down
SweetIrony!
Papas frías
SweetIrony!

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 12:53 pm

Carr wrote:
I wonder if the Mutts' votes in-thread are, like Communism, just a red herring.
They voted Neptune in the thread yesterday.

I have someone waiting for me for a meeting, but I've been wanting to point that out since I saw their most current vote. R2T4 waits for ME.
Back to top Go down
SweetIrony!
Papas frías
SweetIrony!

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 12:54 pm

Clove wrote:
Marvel wrote:
You're in the running.

The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 4 357iik
You said you wanted to kill me yesterday!
Back to top Go down
Celtic
Papas frías
Celtic

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 1:00 pm

One did, but when have we ever seen an indy or separate team have to perform their individual team kill in the main thread? I wonder if that's just a plan by them to throw us off. Think of how many boards have already been made for this thing, why would one more have been the cutoff?
Back to top Go down
Spinal
Papas frías
Spinal

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 1:08 pm

Marvel wrote:
You said you wanted to kill me yesterday!

The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 4 I-didnt-do-it
Back to top Go down
Dileo33
Papas frías
Dileo33

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 1:24 pm

Carr wrote:
One did, but when have we ever seen an indy or separate team have to perform their individual team kill in the main thread? I wonder if that's just a plan by them to throw us off. Think of how many boards have already been made for this thing, why would one more have been the cutoff?

You may be over thinking it. I thought the same thing when I saw the vote by Mutt3. It is also essentially guaranteeing that Foxface will be guarding herself today (assuming she has any guards left).
Back to top Go down
Celtic
Papas frías
Celtic

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 1:27 pm

Also assuming she comes to the board within a 36 hour window
Back to top Go down
Albert B
Papas frías
Albert B

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 1:33 pm

so we have any sort of plan for today? Are we going to try and hit the Mutts at all?
Back to top Go down
Celtic
Papas frías
Celtic

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 1:36 pm

Should we all focus on one? that's what's actually gotten people out the last couple days.
Back to top Go down
Celtic
Papas frías
Celtic

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 1:46 pm

Is this thing on?

*taps cornucopia*
Back to top Go down
Albert B
Papas frías
Albert B

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 1:49 pm

Can we afford to focus on just one? Maybe try the same thing we did yesterday?
Back to top Go down
Albert B
Papas frías
Albert B

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 1:49 pm

But then it's only you and me here.
Back to top Go down
Celtic
Papas frías
Celtic

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 1:50 pm

Why would it fail yesterday but work today? Suspect
Back to top Go down
Dileo33
Papas frías
Dileo33

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 1:53 pm

I'm going to guess that blocking the mutts was useless because their lynch went through.

Maybe they had immunity to the first shot and the second will go through but that would mean 6 shots to be rid of them and that's an awful lot of resources used up. I think the more likely scenario is that they are tied to Katniss, as someone previously mentioned. Maybe we should focus on her?

I have no firepower but I can send a block her way. I won't do it though unless someone pledges to attack.
Back to top Go down
Celtic
Papas frías
Celtic

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 2:04 pm

What is the link to Katniss, though? I've seen that posted a couple times but never explained. is it based in the books?
Back to top Go down
Katniss
Papas frías
Katniss

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 2:10 pm

it is a odd thought. i am not tied to them.
Back to top Go down
Katniss
Papas frías
Katniss

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 2:10 pm

also the books: i have not read them b/c the premise to me is just loathesome. kids killing each other for peoples amusement. ugh
Back to top Go down
Dileo33
Papas frías
Dileo33

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 2:12 pm

We need someone more familiar with the book to shed some light.
Back to top Go down
Celtic
Papas frías
Celtic

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 2:12 pm

If you don't know why did you think it was "the more likely scenario?"
Back to top Go down
Albert B
Papas frías
Albert B

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 2:13 pm

Its not like they make it out to be something that is good in the book. They actually think its horrible too. Just the people in charge don't.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter
Page 4 of 18Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next