The 74th Annual Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 74th Annual Hunger Games

A place for Capitol Punishment.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Day Four - District Pairs

Go down 
+12
Ana
Albert B
Jennie
Lady Shyka
Poker
Gargoyle Geek
Spinal
Neptune
Dileo33
forehead
Celtic
bad_jon.
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

Day Four - District Pairs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 12:21 am

Back to top Go down
Amp
Papas frías
Amp

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 12:40 am

Arbor wrote:
I'm not sure if lynching Cato tonight will do any good. He still has at least one use of that tent to guard him from all attacks.

Since we know Marvel has at least one and I think Carr has copped to having an attack, can one of you throw it at Cato just so he uses the tent up and we can lynch him tomorrow and focus the village lynch elsewhere tonight?

Thoughts?

Yes, but he'll most likely hang onto those so they'll be there regardless. Unless we manage to strip every item he has
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 12:50 am

Aspen wrote:
With powers needing to be submitted publically, does that include map movement and item choice?

Everything.
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 12:56 am

Amp wrote:
Yes, but he'll most likely hang onto those so they'll be there regardless. Unless we manage to strip every item he has

He cant protect them. He has to use one. And, even if he chooses to protect, he has to specify which.....so the other 2 will be vulnerable.
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 12:57 am

Claudius Templesmith wrote:
Everything.

May I suggest a bonus for the first brave soul to take that step out onto the ledge?
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 12:59 am

Cato wrote:
Your lack of foresight will be your demise, steve.

Day Four - District Pairs - Page 2 Steve-Holt-arrested-development-8829998-200-200
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 1:04 am

Neptune wrote:
May I suggest a bonus for the first brave soul to take that step out onto the ledge?

Sure. Go on...
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 1:07 am

How about, in exchange for taking that daring step and allowing others to adjust their actions and submissions accordingly, that the first brave sole be granted a guarantee that his or her selected actions will occur? An immunity to outside forces, if you will.
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 1:08 am

Or, you know, a nice porterhouse steak. Medium-rare or less, of course.
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 1:08 am

For the sake of simplicity, once you've gathered all your images (there will be more on the list, keep watching Twitter!), there will be a Photo Album Thread in The Arena.

Make a single post of all your scavenger images and please make it very clear what your are showing the sponsors. You may keep editing the same post until you've compiled all your images. The sponsors will be judging you on style, originality and creativity. Also their simple whims of fancy.

Delight them and you make walk away with gifts that will bring you to the Victor's Circle. Just ask today's prize winners. I bet they appreciate the Sponsors' generosity.

Just remember...they've started getting bored. Their boredom means we, the Gamemakers, may need to step in to keep the entertainment coming. Don't tempt us into action.
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 1:11 am

More on the list?

Still due for tomorrow EOD, a Sunday?

Can I place a wager on participation?
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 1:26 am

You suspect more people would submit once they're all dead on Monday?

Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 2:01 am

Day Three Results

Due to Holden's death on Day Two, all male Tribute's actions were cancelled today.

Due to Rue's death, Katniss is Out of Play today.

Due to Cable's death, all powers must be submitted publicly in The Arena today. Submit your powers once, please. They may not be changed. In the post with your power submissions, please put your avatar at the top of the post.

These all say today. So are they all happening today?

But the first one also says were. So is that referring to yesterday? Or does it also refer to today?

Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 2:04 am

For clarity, Holden nullified powers on Day 3.

Everything else refers to Day 4.
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 2:08 am

Public Item Search: Marvel
Primary Item: Spear shaft. Combine this with a spear head to use this as a single use short-ranged attack.
Backpack 1: Thin plastic square. Single-use self-guard.
Backpack 2: Empty
Backpack 3: Empty
Backpack 4: Empty
Token: Bronze Coin. As long as you have this token, you will absorb any attacks on you, to be used the next day.

So, wait. Marvel has a coin that absorbs all attacks and a single-use self-guard?
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 2:10 am

For clarity, Holden nullified powers on Day 3.

Everything else refers to Day 4.

Thank you for the clarification.
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 2:37 am

Quote :
Public Item Search: Cato
Primary Item: Sword, The alliance maker. At any point during Day One, send me the names of two other tributes who will be invited to join you on your special board. There you will work together and share resources to bring down the remaining tributes. If one of your teammates is killed, you will be able to send an invitation to another tribute to replace your lost member. There is no guarantee your invitations will be accepted. This sword represents your recruitment ability. If stolen, you will no longer be able to recruit.
Backpack 1: Tent (x2): Sleeping in your tent will guard you or your target from all attacks.
Backpack 2: Empty
Backpack 3: Empty
Backpack 4: Empty
Backpack 5: Empty
Token: Black Obsidian. As long as you have this token, it will take two attacks in a single day or three consecutive days of single attacks to kill you.
According to the public reveal on Day 2, Cato is allowed to have 2 recruits. Assuming there is only one Alliance, then both his recruits (Peeta and Holden) were killed on Day 2. Since all male actions were nullified on Day 3, then the person Cato recruited to guard him was a female tribute. (I am assuming that Cato is a male and was therefore unable to guard himself with his tent.)

List of remaining female tributes:
Clove (District 1)
Octave (District 3)
Cordelia (District 4)
Foxface (District 5)
Raile (District 6)
Aspen (District 7)
Quinoa (District 9)
Claire (District 10)
Katniss (District 12)

I have not been recruited. (I have not even been asked.)

What do we know of the remaining females and their powers?
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 2:42 am

ANNOUNCEMENT:

Hello Tributes. As we draw nearer to an end, the gamemakers have decided to make an impromptu alteration to the rules. This is a very strange change to the rules and is certainly unprecedented during my tenure at The Hunger Games.

As the amended rules state, the last district pair to survive together until there are four remaining tributes will be declared automatic winners, independent of any current team affiliations.

Let me say that again. If any two tributes from the same district are the last pair to remain standing, they will win the 74th Annual Hunger Games as an independent duo. Mind you, they’ll need to survive until the final four to make it official. But, this is an exciting new development, nonetheless. May the odds ever be in your favor, Tributes.

I don't like this new rule.

I really don't like it.

Not at all.
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 2:44 am

The rules shouldn't be changed in the middle of a game.

Especially in the middle of the Hunger Games.
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 2:44 am

Especially now that Cable is dead.
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 2:46 am

I will avenge your death, Cable.

I will win this for my little brother and your family.

They will never go hungry again, for the odds are ever in their favor!
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 2:50 am

Carr wrote:
So nobody's steal went through.

Fuck.

(ETA: Wait, is Neptune male or female?)
Male.

(Neptune is the male tribute from District 4. Cordelia is the female tribute from District 4.)
Back to top Go down
Gargoyle Geek
Papas frías
Gargoyle Geek

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 2:54 am

Octave wrote:
What do we know of the remaining females and their powers?

My powers were all revealed Day 1. I have a one-time single guard, on myself.
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 2:55 am

Arbor wrote:
Interesting that the alliance lynch on Marvel is considered an attack. It clearly says failed, not guarded. Would it be that way with a village lynch too? Meaning the only way of killing Marvel is by stealing the coin.

Yeah, I don't like that at all.

Wait. Maybe I do like it. Whoever steals the coin will probably win.
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 2:57 am

Somebody's death is bound to trigger all female actions being nullified for a day.
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 3:00 am

It might actually be your death, Quinoa, since you and Holden are both from District 9.
Back to top Go down
Gargoyle Geek
Papas frías
Gargoyle Geek

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 3:00 am

Octave wrote:

I was told today by the GameMakers that my token was only meaningful to me. That has made me wonder if tokens are only use usable by the original owner.
Back to top Go down
Gargoyle Geek
Papas frías
Gargoyle Geek

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 3:02 am

Octave wrote:
It might actually be your death, Quinoa, since you and Holden are both from District 9.

I suppose, in a weird way, that would be good for me. It wouldn't affect my rotting corpse!
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 3:02 am

I wonder if there are any consequences for the deaths of Rush and Aramid? Or maybe since they died of hunger there will be no consequence.

Poor District 8. (Suckers.)
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 3:05 am

Quinoa wrote:
Octave wrote:

I was told today by the GameMakers that my token was only meaningful to me. That has made me wonder if tokens are only use usable by the original owner.

That is good information to know.

Or are you just saying that so I don't try to steal your Antidote so I can't be poisoned?

(Or did you ask the Gamemakers the question to see if you could gift your token to someone?)
Back to top Go down
Gargoyle Geek
Papas frías
Gargoyle Geek

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 3:11 am

Octave wrote:
Or are you just saying that so I don't try to steal your Antidote so I can't be poisoned?

(Or did you ask the Gamemakers the question to see if you could gift your token to someone?)

Neptune was looking for a cure for his poisoning so I asked if the token would work. The answer is cryptic so I'm not sure if my thinking (that it can only be used by me) is correct or not. It is worth pondering though.
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 3:16 am

So you didn't give him your antidote token, then?
Back to top Go down
Gargoyle Geek
Papas frías
Gargoyle Geek

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 3:21 am

Octave wrote:
So you didn't give him your antidote token, then?

A girl never forgets, or tells, who she gave her token to.
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 3:24 am

Carr wrote:
Also, it stands to reason that Cato's recruitment would be held up as much as our stealing from him, so it really just delays the inevitable today - except he obviously won't use it today if he has to post his targets out in the open so this could be the chance for us prevent any further Alliance-spreading.

Ooh, interesting. Since the two Alliance maggots were killed in the Day 2 results, and all male actions were stopped on Day 3, then Cato could not have recruited or guarded himself on Day 3.

So then who the hell guarded Cato yesterday?

Unless there are two different Alliances.

Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 3:26 am

And why was there a Bonus Alliance Lynch?
Back to top Go down
Lady Shyka
Gamemaker
Lady Shyka

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 3:26 am

Plutarch suggested adjusting the hunger levels for the weekend, showing a despicable level of pity for all of you. He was nearly killed right there in the control booth for his weakness.

This is not a playground and you will not be coddled. We mean to cull a Victor worthy of the title. Remember, there are significant prizes on the horizon for the Tribute or Tributes who confirm their mettle in this Arena.

Plutarch has been spared despite his pathetic affection for each of you. Give him a show worthy of his continued existence. Or else. Showing up is only a fraction of what entertains us, but it may be the factor that determines whether you live to see tomorrow.

Make the most of the opportunities you've been given. Survival is no longer a luxury, tributes. After today, the punishments only become harsher.

You've been warned. May the odds be ever in your favor.
This is all true.

I was beaten pretty badly for my insolence.

That's the last time I feel any sympathy for you tributes!
Back to top Go down
Gargoyle Geek
Papas frías
Gargoyle Geek

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 3:41 am

Octave wrote:

Didn't you have some analysis on the "who guarded Cato" question on the last page? Playing mafia while drunk IS much more fun, isn't it?

Quite a few people think there are two Alliances.
Back to top Go down
Gargoyle Geek
Papas frías
Gargoyle Geek

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 3:44 am

Sponsor Heavensbee, the tributes thank you for trying.
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 3:46 am

Quinoa wrote:
Octave wrote:

Didn't you have some analysis on the "who guarded Cato" question on the last page? Playing mafia while drunk IS much more fun, isn't it?

Quite a few people think there are two Alliances.
I did indeed have analysis on the last page. But that analysis assumed that both of Cato's recruits were killed in the Day 2 results and he was able to replace them Day 3.

My newest question stems from the possibility that Cato was unable to recruit on Day 3 because he is a man. And all male actions were nullified on Day 3 due to Holden's death.
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 3:47 am

And, yes, I guess that playing mafia while drunk IS much more fun.

I think I'll try it sometime.
Back to top Go down
Gargoyle Geek
Papas frías
Gargoyle Geek

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 4:11 am

Octave wrote:
I did indeed have analysis on the last page. But that analysis assumed that both of Cato's recruits were killed in the Day 2 results and he was able to replace them Day 3.

My newest question stems from the possibility that Cato was unable to recruit on Day 3 because he is a man. And all male actions were nullified on Day 3 due to Holden's death.

Right, I didn't notice the differences. Your original conclusion is the important part: Whoever guarded Cato was female.

That has to be true, even if there are two Alliances. Unless the tokens don't count as "powers" -- as they seem to be passive.
Back to top Go down
Dileo33
Papas frías
Dileo33

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 4:44 am

Who wants to bet Cato submits his powers at the last minute?

Well, we have to get him to use up at least one of the guards. Maybe whomever guarded him last night was able to redirect him to himself. But then they would have had to know the consequence of killing Holden for that to work. It must have been the tribute that stole Raile's item, assuming she was telling the truth about the theft.

!Cato
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Day Four - District Pairs
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The 74th Annual Hunger Games :: The Hunger Games :: The Arena-
Jump to: