The 74th Annual Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 74th Annual Hunger Games

A place for Capitol Punishment.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Day Three - Scavenging

Go down 
+20
Lorene
Cable
Aramid
new bird
Lady Shyka
Foxface
Katniss
Neptune
Gargoyle Geek
shimel
Rue
forehead
Celtic
SweetIrony!
Jennie
jennifer
Dileo33
Spinal
Poker
bad_jon.
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Cable
Papas frías
Cable

Day Three - Scavenging - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 1:35 pm

Cato applied for a job at dick's automotive and dick came to the door and he said, tell me Cato, boy. can you rotate the tires on a '72 subaru?

he said, "no."

Can you change the oil in a '76 pinto?

Cato said, "no."

Well can you rebuild a holly four-barrelled carburetor on a '69 camaro with a big 'ol hearse shift rod?

and he said, "um, no"

Cato, do you have a girlfriend with long, red, curly hair. creamy, milk-white thighs. big full lips. Biceps like henry rollings? and can she just scream like a hyena?

and Cato said, "yes."

and dick said, "Cato you're hired!"

Back to top Go down
Cable
Papas frías
Cable

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 1:36 pm

!Cato
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 1:37 pm

I inquired into whether fish (I am Neptune, after all) could dilute or delay the poison.

The response specified that I need antidote or I die.
Back to top Go down
Celtic
Papas frías
Celtic

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 1:37 pm

Have you asked, though? Surely it's worth running by the Gamemakers at least.
(eta: ^to Quinoa^)

Cable wrote:

Marvel is one tough dude. Survived the bloodbath at the Cornucopia when few do.

That's been borne out in this game too, he's survived at least one attack each of the first two days. I wonder if this thing with him and Cato was put on mainly for our benefit.
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 1:38 pm

Quinoa wrote:
It prevents, doesn't cure. I'm not giving up my token based on a wild theory. Sorry.

Incorrect. From the Gamerunners mouth, not a theory.

Last edited by Neptune on Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cable
Papas frías
Cable

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 1:39 pm

Neptune wrote:
I inquired into whether fish (I am Neptune, after all) could dilute or delay the poison.

The response specified that I need antidote or I die.

Maybe the sponsors will parachute down and antidote.
Back to top Go down
Gargoyle Geek
Papas frías
Gargoyle Geek

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 1:44 pm

Carr wrote:
Have you asked, though? Surely it's worth running by the Gamemakers at least.
(eta: ^to Quinoa^).

Your right. I haven't asked. I will.
Back to top Go down
Gargoyle Geek
Papas frías
Gargoyle Geek

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 1:57 pm

Neptune wrote:
Quinoa wrote:
It prevents, doesn't cure. I'm not giving up my token based on a wild theory. Sorry.

Incorrect. From the Gamerunners mouth, not a theory.

Well we are getting different stories. I ask if my token could cure poison and was told that it is only useful to someone from my district.

Someone said their token was stolen. I'm wondering if that statement was true.
Back to top Go down
Cable
Papas frías
Cable

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 2:04 pm

Carr wrote:

That's been borne out in this game too, he's survived at least one attack each of the first two days. I wonder if this thing with him and Cato was put on mainly for our benefit.

Could be.

Also, Octave was guarded, as was Claire. Those could be self guards? Unless they have an important role in the Alliances and they just guarded them.

Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 2:04 pm

Quinoa wrote:
Well we are getting different stories. I ask if my token could cure poison and was told that it is only useful to someone from my district.

Not different.

I was told I need antidote. Maybe I just cant use YOUR antidote?
Back to top Go down
new bird
Papas frías
new bird

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 2:19 pm

Good afternoon Tributes! Another delightful day greets us in the arena. I will be watching everyone's posts very closely today, as of course you've seen the top 5 posts today will be gifted from the sponsors... Please me with your words and pictures today and you may just land in my favor. Some of you have found yourself to be hungry, others are suffering from the effects of poison. And poor Cato has drawn the attention of every single Tribute as the one to kill today. What will you do to save yourself? Remember, the sponsors are watching. Give us a show! Caesar
Back to top Go down
new bird
Papas frías
new bird

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 2:21 pm

It is now time for little Rue to join the show. You have remained hidden, but kept the Tributes informed of your actions. That’s a delicate balance you seem to be operating within. Come down from the trees and talk a while, or whistle. . .

1. Your district has afforded you an obvious advantage. How else has living in District 11 shaped you into the person you are today?

2. If I were to ask you to whistle me to sleep, which song would you choose? I would love to hear it now.

3. Now tell me, what is the best dessert to be enjoyed in the treetops?

Now go little acrobat, back to trees, raise this show to new heights! The sponsors don’t mind raising their heads now and again.
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 2:23 pm

The sponsors beg for blood, yet we are told that we must rely on them to stop our internal bleeding.

The only logical argument, of course, is that saving me will ultimately result in more blood than the simple death of one, namely, me.

Save me and I shall kill for you. Often. And with style.

Last edited by Neptune on Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 2:23 pm

I believe the weekend is two separate days? If so, I need to vote as the rest of my day is looking chaotic.

!Cato

Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 2:26 pm

Cable wrote:
Carr wrote:

Could be.

Also, Octave was guarded, as was Claire. Those could be self guards? Unless they have an important role in the Alliances and they just guarded them.

Pretty sure I was guarded by Gimp (my fellow district tribute) on that day. I thanked him for it and noone else piped up to claim it, nor did he ever actually deny it.

Gimp may have had a limited number of them and noone better to use them on that day and probably thought I was to be someone's target.

He may have thought that by saving me we would be able to team up for awhile, but he was never around much to capitalize on it.

Back to top Go down
Cable
Papas frías
Cable

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 2:29 pm

Here is a list of the district specialties again, along with which of our tributes are in them. I can see another district that would match up with my powers, and I wonder if they are alliance members. Or perhaps my own sweet Octave is. She's been so quiet. I just never knew on the first day whether to thwart the other district that I might need something from or try to exchange items.

District 1- Luxury Glimmer, Marvel

District 2- Masonry (not said officially in books, but later revealed.) Clove, Cato

District 3- Electronics Cable, Octave

District 4- Fishing Cordelia, Neptune

District 5- Power (not said officially in books, but later revealed.) Foxface, Amp

District 6- Transportation (not said officially in books, but later revealed.)Raille, Carr

District 7- Lumber [Arbor, Aspen[/b]

District 8- Textiles Rush, Aramid

District 9- Grain (not said officially in books, but later revealed.) Holden, Quinoa

District 10- Livestock Claire, Gimp

District 11- Agriculture Rue, Thresh

District 12- Coal Mining Katniss, Peeta

District 13: (Was thought to be terminated) Graphite Mining (unofficially they manufactured nuclear weapons and among that housed and produced other weaponry)you just never know
Back to top Go down
Foxface
Papas frías
Foxface

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 2:31 pm

OH. I see how it is. We all vote for Cato, and then Cato votes for someone else so that that person dies with him. WELL I'M NOT BUYING IT.

#Cato
!Claire
Back to top Go down
Dileo33
Papas frías
Dileo33

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 2:33 pm

Neptune wrote:

How did you resolve this? Others may face a similar obstacle.

Imageshack will go a long way to making your life easier.
Back to top Go down
Cable
Papas frías
Cable

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 2:34 pm

Claire wrote:

Pretty sure I was guarded by Gimp (my fellow district tribute) on that day. I thanked him for it and noone else piped up to claim it, nor did he ever actually deny it.

Gimp may have had a limited number of them and noone better to use them on that day and probably thought I was to be someone's target.

He may have thought that by saving me we would be able to team up for awhile, but he was never around much to capitalize on it.

And what makes you so sure you were guarded by Gimp? If you thanked him for it, of course an alliance member is not going to pipe up and say they did it. Hmmmm.....

I did not guard my fellow tribute, someone else did.

Back to top Go down
Celtic
Papas frías
Celtic

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 2:35 pm

Cable wrote:

But those were Alliance lynches that they were guarded from. Would they waste kills AND guards (assuming they're limited) like that especially when there's no heat on either one of them? Or are you thinking each Alliance hit the other and both happened to guard that person
Back to top Go down
Dileo33
Papas frías
Dileo33

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 2:41 pm

Foxface wrote:
OH. I see how it is. We all vote for Cato, and then Cato votes for someone else so that that person dies with him. WELL I'M NOT BUYING IT.

More likely that Cato will use his tent to guard himself but at least he will use up a use (he only has two left).

And Neptune, stop this shameless begging for an antidote. If you succeed in getting the sword away and live, it will still be vulnerable in your possession. What if someone less noble than you claim to be steals it from you? Are you just going to sit on it and protect it for the rest of the game?
Back to top Go down
Cable
Papas frías
Cable

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 2:45 pm

Carr wrote:

But those were Alliance lynches that they were guarded from. Would they waste kills AND guards (assuming they're limited) like that especially when there's no heat on either one of them? Or are you thinking each Alliance hit the other and both happened to guard that person

just wild speculation. they wouldn't have a stipulation that they had to kill off each other first before they could go after us? Nahhh.

Back to top Go down
forehead
Papas frías
forehead

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 2:45 pm

Foxface wrote:

That's clearly bullshit, did you not see the public reveal?

Don't think I voted.

!Cato

Green Hornet was shit.
Back to top Go down
Cable
Papas frías
Cable

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 2:51 pm

I'm not making much sense. Good day to you all!

Octave, you may be laughing hysterically, but if you read the book, you will know that I forgot all about the cameras. Best wishes for your survival.
Back to top Go down
Dileo33
Papas frías
Dileo33

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 2:52 pm

Aspen wrote:
Foxface wrote:

That's clearly bullshit, did you not see the public reveal?

The alliances share resources. We are assuming both alliance members that died last night belonged to Cato. If they did not, he may still have other tricks up his sleeve.

Quote :

Green Hornet was shit.
Yes, yes it was.
Back to top Go down
new bird
Papas frías
new bird

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 2:57 pm

And finally, Katniss, the girl on fire. All eyes are on you as we end this segment of our show. You’ve been fairly quiet as the days progress and the sponsors have taken notice. Show us why you, as a volunteer, bring more to the games than sisterly love.

1. It is well known that Peeta had a deep affection for you, and with his death you have been given a great opportunity. How will you show your gratitude?

2. Write me a song of love and hate, of victory and defeat.

3. Baked Alaska and Creme Brulee are both desserts that taste better touched by flames. What other dessert would you serve en flambe to satisfy my fiery hunger?

Dazzle us Katniss. The flames burn brightly when you take the stage. Show us why we should look at you as more than just a fading ember.
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 2:59 pm

Arbor wrote:
And Neptune, stop this shameless begging for an antidote. If you succeed in getting the sword away and live, it will still be vulnerable in your possession. What if someone less noble than you claim to be steals it from you? Are you just going to sit on it and protect it for the rest of the game?

Who said I planned to steal the sword?
Back to top Go down
new bird
Papas frías
new bird

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 3:00 pm

Tributes! Yet to be impressed with your posts today. The gifts don't have to be given. Those of you in need would do well to sharpen your wits. If you want a parachute, you have to earn it.
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 3:01 pm

Quinoa wrote:
Arbor wrote:
Fine by me, less pressure to be forced into common thievery. You did me a favor. Now its up to you and Carr to strip Cato of his sword and his tent. And whomever ends up with that sword will forever be suspected as long as the alliance lynches continue.

I keep harping on this but how are we going to know who has the sword? If I stole it I sure as hell wouldn't announce it to the world. Seems like a hot potato. I'm sure some people even want it.

The sword description says nothing about limited powers for it's new owner. Unfortunately for those in that square, they are going to be suspect unless there's a way to show that Cato died with the sword.

I doubt Cato will die with the sword. He's bound to use his tent to protect him from all attacks. He has two uses of it. Does that mean he has two uses left or two uses total?
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 3:03 pm

Claudius Templesmith wrote:
Seneca is hiding from dangerous tornadoes right now, so it may be some time before you get individual PMed results.

Is Seneca alright? There's been some right crazy weather lately.
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 3:05 pm

Three Silver Parachutes float from the sky.

I never received a PM or an email from Seneca. Have these been claimed yet? Or distributed yet?
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 3:07 pm

Map Results:
A1:
A2: Foxface, Amp, Raile
A3: Cable, Aspen, Marvel
B1: Arbor
B2: Clove, Rush, Katniss, Aramid, Claire
B3: Cordelia
C1: Carr, Neptune, Cato
C2: Quiona
C3:

I'm missing from the Map Results. (So is Rue, but she was missing on Day 1 so I assume she's not an oversight.)
Back to top Go down
Dileo33
Papas frías
Dileo33

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 3:08 pm

Neptune wrote:

I thought you did:

Neptune wrote:
I know that, if I happen to steal it, I wouldn't use it. I'd fear creating more Alliance with the sword while remaining village myself. Spawning more of one's enemies is just about a worst case scenario. I know the score if I don't use it. Much better option, in my eyes.

Neptune wrote:

No. I wouldn't use it at all.

Its addition by subtraction. We don't need the sword. We need to remove the sword from his possession.

Neptune wrote:
I will still steal from Gato tonight. We cant allow him to exist, specially not at full strength. I'd appreciate it if another player or sponsor could take this sacrifice as a sign of good faith and toss a little antidote my way....
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 3:09 pm

Octave wrote:

Seneca has checked in, but has lost access to the Capitol mainframe. He has survived the tornadoes, but may not be able to check in frequently.
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 3:11 pm

Octave wrote:
Three Silver Parachutes float from the sky.

I never received a PM or an email from Seneca. Have these been claimed yet? Or distributed yet?

The items were added to the individual Tributes' character sheets, if they were gifted. I'm not sure whether emails made it out. I'll double check.
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 3:12 pm

Octave wrote:
I'm missing from the Map Results. (So is Rue, but she was missing on Day 1 so I assume she's not an oversight.)

The map results are accurate.
Back to top Go down
Dileo33
Papas frías
Dileo33

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 3:15 pm

Octave wrote:

Seneca has checked in, but has lost access to the Capitol mainframe. He has survived the tornadoes, but may not be able to check in frequently.

Should we still send item use/options to the e-mail address or just pm you?
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 3:20 pm

Send it all via PM. That's fine.

Freebird.
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 3:22 pm

Arbor wrote:
Neptune wrote:

I thought you did:

I said everyone near him should steal.

We need him guessing as to what we will be stealing.
Back to top Go down
Katniss
Papas frías
Katniss

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 3:27 pm

Dear Caesar Flickerman,

1. It is well known that Peeta had a deep affection for you, and with his death you have been given a great opportunity. How will you show your gratitude?

when I make my killings they will be brutal. I will use the tip of my arrow to carve PEETA across every chest of my enemies. I will slice off which ever appendage the love most. While they bleed I will rub salt into their wounds and laugh as they cry. Torture.

2. Write me a song of love and hate, of victory and defeat.

I love to hate the world I am in.
Tomorrow my life starts over again.
Victorious on the field while my heart has bled
Defeated as my love;
Hating that my love,
Missing the love that is dead.

3. Baked Alaska and Creme Brulee are both desserts that taste better touched by flames. What other dessert would you serve en flambe to satisfy my fiery hunger?

bananas foster. added brandy.

Dazzle us Katniss. The flames burn brightly when you take the stage. Show us why we should look at you as more than just a fading [b]ember.

You will notice me most when I smile with the heads of my enemies are on my stakes!

Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 3:28 pm

!Cato
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 3:29 pm

Octave wrote:

The map results are accurate.
Cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Day Three - Scavenging
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The 74th Annual Hunger Games :: The Hunger Games :: The Arena-
Jump to: