The 74th Annual Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 74th Annual Hunger Games

A place for Capitol Punishment.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Movies, Movies, Movies

Go down 
+4
forehead
kelly
Rue
s l i t h y
8 posters
AuthorMessage
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

Movies, Movies, Movies Empty
PostSubject: Movies, Movies, Movies   Movies, Movies, Movies Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 4:48 pm

Good movies, bad movies, dumb movies, smart movies, documentaries, talkies, silent movies, subtitled movies, imax movies, animated movies, real movies, fake movies, long movies, short movies. Movies.

All movies all the time.

POLL

What's your top 3 (or top 5 or whatever) favorite movies?

What bad movies do you love?

What good movies do you hate?

What is the one movie everyone should see?

What movie changed your life?

Is there a director or actor/actress who you'll see any film they make/are in?

What are your favorite movie snacks?

What is your movie-going/movie-watching routine?

What do you do if someone is texting in front of you or talking behind you?

Do you even have a say anymore in what movie you're going to see?
Back to top Go down
Rue
Papas frías
Rue

PostSubject: Re: Movies, Movies, Movies   Movies, Movies, Movies Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 5:00 pm

POLL

1. Lawrence of Arabia
2. Braveheart
3. Robin Hood (Disney Animated)
4. Blue's Brothers
5. Big Jake

Rambo, The Postman, Shoot em up, Rudy

Cider House Rules, American Beauty,

Henry V - Kenneth Brannagh version

I wouldn't say a movie could change my life, but one movie that I know got me thinking was the Fountain

Coke, and popcorn. Sometimes, sour patch watermelons

We usually check to see what's at the Indie movie first, then go see what we want to see. All takes place on a Saturday

Tell them to stop.

I do. My wife and I are pretty good on movie sharing.
Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker
kelly

PostSubject: Re: Movies, Movies, Movies   Movies, Movies, Movies Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 5:01 pm

POLL

Bottle Rocket (or anything Wes)
Punch Drunk Love (or anything PTA)
Dancing Outlaw (or anything documentary)
Finding Neverland (or anything Depp)

I'm a snob. I rarely watch anything that I don't think I will love the hell out of. That said, I can't think of many films I love that are universally panned.

Sideways
Crash

But both are not good movies, so maybe this is the wrong category.

Bottle Rocket!

Splendor in the Grass. And Bottle Rocket. I saw BR when it was first on video, with the "this is a screener" crawl all across the bottom (my dad had found it somewhere) and yet still - I watched with intensity. Dancing Outlaw, as a VCR recording of the PBS release (with the first 3 minutes missing because Destiny's mom had watched it as it came on TV and KNEW she had to record that shit for us.) It opened my eyes to the super glorious world of character documentaries, and I've not lost my obsession since then.

Twizzlers and Fudge Rounds

I settle in with a blanket at home on my couch, no matter the temperature. I try to get Dignan to crawl up with me, too.

I huff and puff a lot. And turn and stare.

I don't get it. Of course I do. Oh wait, my roommates insist on watching at least 3 film noirs or super old movies a weekend in MY area of the house, so I guess I have no choice there.
Back to top Go down
Rue
Papas frías
Rue

PostSubject: Re: Movies, Movies, Movies   Movies, Movies, Movies Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 5:03 pm

Oh Kelly. Bottle rocket is amazing.
Back to top Go down
forehead
Papas frías
forehead

PostSubject: Re: Movies, Movies, Movies   Movies, Movies, Movies Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 5:26 pm

1. Reservoir Dogs - 9.5/10
2. Spun - 9/10
3. Pulp Fiction - 8.5/10

Anchorman takes a lot of shit from others I know. I love Jurassic Park 3 as well.

Godfather films get a bit stale IMO. They're still good but fuck me do they get boring.

Reservoir Dogs or Spun(mostly because it's relatively unknown)

Can't think of any, I'm only 19.

Quentin Tarantino. He's yet to do a bad film in my books. I'll see any Sam Jackson film as well, I've got a full on man crush for him because he's such a great actor.

I don't really have one.

I go to the cinema on Wednesday(buy one get one free on Wednesday so I go with a mate and get it half price). That's about the only routine thing.

If they're talking, I'd probably turn round and tell them to shut the fuck up. Texting doesn't bother me, as long as it's on silent and I can't hear the beeping of letters being typed.

Yeah, I usually decide. It's always with mates though, so it's not like I have to accept their decision, to be fair though, I'm a lot more into movies that my companions are, so my choice will probably be better.
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: Movies, Movies, Movies   Movies, Movies, Movies Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 5:55 pm

POLL

Ran
Aguirre: The Wrath of God
Kelly's Heroes
Smokey and the Bandit
(Chasing Amy used to be up there but it is falling. I need to watch it again.)

The Underworld films. The newest one is probably my favorite film so far this year. (After Hugo.)

None that I can think of. I tend to like most movies I see, for one reason or another. (I haven't seen The English Patient because it looks boring. And I haven't seen Silence of the Lambs because it looks scary. But that will change this year thanks to the 366 movie challenge.)

Kelly's Heroes. Great cast (Clint Eastwood, Telly Savalas, Donald Sutherland, Carroll O'Connor, Don Rickles, etc) It gives a very Vietnam-era attitude and outlook to soldiers in WWII. There's not a sour note in the whole damn movie (except maybe the song played over the credits, but it's damn catchy).

Chasing Amy. It opened my eyes to the idea that who a person is today is influenced by the choices they made in their past. You shouldn't discount a person soley because of their past (but I've since learned you should also remember to never forget who they once were.)

Terry Gilliam, first and foremost. Then way too many more to name. Quentin Tarantino, Werner Herzog, Alexander Payne, Danny Boyle, Michel Gondry, Kate Winslet, George Clooney, Paul Giamatti, Johnny Depp, etc. And Kevin Smith.

Popcorn and Bunchacrunch. Mixed together.

At the theater I try to arrive just a few minutes before showtime so I don't have time to wait in line at the concession stand and I don't have to watch the commercials before the trailers begin. Plus, I don't have to sit for long by myself self-consciously aware that I am by myself. But it's a fine line because I love trailers. I hate it when I walk in and the trailers have already started. (Sometimes they're better than the movie itself.) They need to make a line at the box office just for me.

At home I turn off the lights and turn up the sound. And sometimes turn on the closed-captioning.

Usually nothing. The talking I can usually ignore. But during The Lorax there was a lady a row in front of us and a few seats down that kept checking her Facebook. She had like 4 kids with her. And this was in imax, where the tickets were like $15. I wanted to slap her upside the head but my kids were with me. I finally realized I had missed like 5 minutes of the movie watching her not watch the movie. So I need to work on this.

I see most movies by myself, so yeah, I still do have a say. If my kids want to see a movie I don't really want to see then their mother will take them. But there aren't many movies I don't want to see. (Unless Adam Sandler is playing multiple roles.)
Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker
kelly

PostSubject: Re: Movies, Movies, Movies   Movies, Movies, Movies Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 5:58 pm

Oh hey, I didn't see this one:

Wes Anderson, Paul Thomas Anderson, Johnny Depp, Leo

Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker
kelly

PostSubject: Re: Movies, Movies, Movies   Movies, Movies, Movies Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 5:58 pm

popcorn + bunchacrunch sounds delicious.
Back to top Go down
Lady Shyka
Gamemaker
Lady Shyka

PostSubject: Re: Movies, Movies, Movies   Movies, Movies, Movies Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 7:13 pm

The Princess Bride, The Fifth Element, The Labyrinth

The Friday series. Overboard.

Saving Private Ryan. The Mask.

Team America.

Flashdance inspired my love of dance. It's not really an important part of my life anymore, but dancing was a huge part of my adolescence and teenage years and dancing definetly shaped who I am today.

Joss Whedon. Johnny Depp.

Popcorn mostly.

I get so little time to go see movies now a days, so when I do, I go to one of those expensive cinemas with the reclining chairs where they bring you food while you watch.

I ignore them and hope they get run over by a bus on their way home. I'm a bottler.

Duh! I have the only say.
Back to top Go down
Spinal
Papas frías
Spinal

PostSubject: Re: Movies, Movies, Movies   Movies, Movies, Movies Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 7:58 pm

Usual Suspects
Big Trouble in Little China
Princess Bride
This is Spinal Tap
Adventures of Buckaroo Bonzai
Reservoir Dogs
Things to Do in Denver When You're Dead
Time Bandits

Black Dynamite
Dead Heat
Flesh for Frankenstein

Inception I can't see the reason everyone liked it beside the effects, but by saying that I am saying I think Inception is good which I don't, so I don't know how to answer this.

Comedy - Airplane
Drama - Stand By Me

I really don't know, I'll think and come back later

No, a movie has to look interesting to me first. Terry Gilliam, Rob Reiner and Woody Allen were my favorites but there are movies of theirs that I just didn't care for as much.

Raisinettes
Twizzlers
Sixlets

Theater - Get to the theater at least a 1/2 hour early, my son goes and gets our seats (top row next to the wall, right side), I get the drinks and snacks, if I didn't sneak any in.

Home - get everyone together and start the movie, nothing special, stop it when someone goes to the bathroom or when we get something to eat/drink

Ask them to stop, and if that doesn't work, tell them I'm going to tell the management. Texting bothers the hell out of me since my eyes are drawn to light on their phone

It's usually me and my son so we both have to want to see it, or if I really want to see it I drag him along. My daughter likes horror movies and to me I would rather the classic horror movies. My wife doesn't like going to the movies that much.
Back to top Go down
Gargoyle Geek
Papas frías
Gargoyle Geek

PostSubject: Re: Movies, Movies, Movies   Movies, Movies, Movies Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 10:38 pm

Memento
Vanilla Sky (American Version)
Almost Famous
Usual Suspects
Lord of the Rings (Extended Versions)

Don Juan DeMarco

I think most people like The Talented Mr. Ripley. I hated it. To this day the only movie I've ever walked out on.

Memento

I'm not sure it changed my life but, again, Memento. Made my head spin the first time I saw it.

Used to be Tom Cruise, before the couch jumping era. After that I was kind of turned off by him. I'll still watch anything KS makes.

Reese's Pieces. The only time I eat them is at the theater.

We use going to the movies as our "dates". Not sure that's a routine.

Knee the back of the seat. Repeatedly.
Turn around and glare. I have an awesome glare.

I always let my better-half pick even though we have wildly different tastes.
Back to top Go down
Spinal
Papas frías
Spinal

PostSubject: Re: Movies, Movies, Movies   Movies, Movies, Movies Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 11:12 pm

Gargoyle Geek wrote:
[
Memento

Did you ever watch the easter egg forward version? I didn't like it as much as the version when you go backwards. If that made any sense.
Back to top Go down
Gargoyle Geek
Papas frías
Gargoyle Geek

PostSubject: Re: Movies, Movies, Movies   Movies, Movies, Movies Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 11:23 pm

Spinal wrote:
Did you ever watch the easter egg forward version? I didn't like it as much as the version when you go backwards. If that made any sense.

Yes. I agree, I didn't enjoy it nearly as much. There's something about the way that movie is put together that is just incredible. Especially the first time.

I don't know if you ever listened to the Director's commentary but they have two different versions -- and they show up randomly. One time he might say "Oh, he knew exactly what he was doing" the next time it's "He didn't know. He has this condition." So even when you think you're getting answers from the director, he's still F'ing with you.
Back to top Go down
Lady Shyka
Gamemaker
Lady Shyka

PostSubject: Re: Movies, Movies, Movies   Movies, Movies, Movies Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 6:41 am

Just saw another one to add to the list. Gremlins 2. It's so bad, but it makes me laugh.
Back to top Go down
Moses
Papas frías
Moses

PostSubject: Re: Movies, Movies, Movies   Movies, Movies, Movies Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 10:38 am

Gremlins 2 is good!

I'm thinking about seeing 21 Jump Street tonight. I can't decide if it's going to be good-terrible or bad-terrible.
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: Movies, Movies, Movies   Movies, Movies, Movies Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 11:36 am

I wanna see 21 Jump Street just to see if I can spot Johnny Depp in his cameo. (If he's actually in it, that is. I haven't read anything confirming it one way or the other. On the one hand, if he's hard to spot it will give me something to do trying to find him. But on the other hand, I'd hate to not see him and have to watch it again.)

The film I really wanna see this weekend is Jeff Who Lives at Home. I guess I should add Jason Segel to my list.
Back to top Go down
Moses
Papas frías
Moses

PostSubject: Re: Movies, Movies, Movies   Movies, Movies, Movies Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 1:01 pm

Never heard of it.

I haven't seen a movie in so long, I mostly just want to go to the theater. is that Jeff one a limited release? I guess I should consult the internet.
Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker
kelly

PostSubject: Re: Movies, Movies, Movies   Movies, Movies, Movies Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 1:02 pm

Will consulting, will you please find when UNDEFEATED is coming my way? I'VE LOOKED EVERYWHERE.
Back to top Go down
Moses
Papas frías
Moses

PostSubject: Re: Movies, Movies, Movies   Movies, Movies, Movies Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 1:07 pm

Hey, is this Jeff Who Lives at Home movie supposed to be a serious role for Jason Segel? It looks interesting. It is a limited release, and not showing at the theater I intended to go (where we could have dinner at the same time), but it looks like it would be worth adjusting my plans to see.

The official Undefeated site is blocked at work (for some reason), but I would think you could find it there... But I suppose you've already checked that.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1860355/
Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker
kelly

PostSubject: Re: Movies, Movies, Movies   Movies, Movies, Movies Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 1:12 pm

I have : (
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movies, Movies, Movies   Movies, Movies, Movies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Movies, Movies, Movies
Page 1 of 1