The 74th Annual Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 74th Annual Hunger Games

A place for Capitol Punishment.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What will be poppy's first game here?

Go down 
+10
Ana
Spinal
Moses
s l i t h y
Timdawg
Emlyn
forehead
Poker
Poppycox88
bad_jon.
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Well?
Wrestling (Booooo)
What will be poppy's first game here? - Page 2 Poll_left7%What will be poppy's first game here? - Page 2 Poll_right
 7% [ 2 ]
Comics (Yay!)
What will be poppy's first game here? - Page 2 Poll_left18%What will be poppy's first game here? - Page 2 Poll_right
 18% [ 5 ]
Star Wars (Probably needs to be redone eventually)
What will be poppy's first game here? - Page 2 Poll_left18%What will be poppy's first game here? - Page 2 Poll_right
 18% [ 5 ]
Mass Effect
What will be poppy's first game here? - Page 2 Poll_left11%What will be poppy's first game here? - Page 2 Poll_right
 11% [ 3 ]
Random (pick whoever you want)
What will be poppy's first game here? - Page 2 Poll_left7%What will be poppy's first game here? - Page 2 Poll_right
 7% [ 2 ]
Universal monsters
What will be poppy's first game here? - Page 2 Poll_left11%What will be poppy's first game here? - Page 2 Poll_right
 11% [ 3 ]
kellly's choice
What will be poppy's first game here? - Page 2 Poll_left28%What will be poppy's first game here? - Page 2 Poll_right
 28% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 28

AuthorMessage
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

What will be poppy's first game here? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What will be poppy's first game here?   What will be poppy's first game here? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 9:47 pm

The last video game I played was Lego Harry Potter 2. Before that? Disney Universe. Before that? Rayman Origins. I don't get much in the way of adult vg time.
Back to top Go down
Lady Shyka
Gamemaker
Lady Shyka

PostSubject: Re: What will be poppy's first game here?   What will be poppy's first game here? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 10:24 pm

Albert B wrote:
I've never played any of the Mass Effect Games. The first one came out when I didn't have any time and I didn't pick up the second, because I didn't really care about it since I hadn't played the first. Now number 3 comes along, and I feel like I'd have to go back and play the first two before I did that. Then I look at the pile of games beside my ps3 that I still haven't finished, some I have barely started and I just forget it.
I know what that's like. My Uncharted 2 & 3 are still wrapped in plastic. And I only got about a third of the way through Infamous 2 before that got forgotten.

I'd never even heard of Mass Effect when I first bought it back in 2008. My partner had just broken his leg and was stuck on the couch for 12 weeks, so I went to the game store and bought him a few games to keep him entertained. It wasn't that heavily advertised and it'd already been out for 6 months by then. I'd played KOTOR previously and from the packaging it kinda sounded like that, so I picked it up for him. He didn't sleep for the next 3 days. After he was finally done with it, I had a go so I could see what was so good about it. I still preferred KOTOR, but it was almost as good.

Mass Effect is the only game where I bought and played all the available DLCs. You can play the third one without the other two, but you won't get the real connection to the characters which is part of the reason why everyone loves it. If you did start from the start, even though it's an old game, the graphics and game play were reasonably ahead for their time. You've got a good 100+ hours ahead of you, though.
Back to top Go down
Poppycox88
Papas frías
Poppycox88

PostSubject: Re: What will be poppy's first game here?   What will be poppy's first game here? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 10:31 pm

I won't lie I started tearing up towards the end of ME3, I spent over 100 hours with that series and to say bye to all those characters (that I helped mold) was crazy sad.

I look forward to hearing what you all think of the ending. I'm not as super angry about it as everyone on the internet and the ending does make sense in the overall feel of the game but it's kind of a kick in the gut at the same time for people that invested that kind of time into it.

I really hope they go back and do some prequel stuff with the game. I'd love to play the first contact war or the Krogan rebellion.
Back to top Go down
Lady Shyka
Gamemaker
Lady Shyka

PostSubject: Re: What will be poppy's first game here?   What will be poppy's first game here? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 10:37 pm

Poppycox88 wrote:
I really hope they go back and do some prequel stuff with the game. I'd love to play the first contact war or the Krogan rebellion.
The Rachni Wars sounds interesting. I would especially like to see how the Salarians "up lifted" the Krogan.
Back to top Go down
Poppycox88
Papas frías
Poppycox88

PostSubject: Re: What will be poppy's first game here?   What will be poppy's first game here? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 10:42 pm

The Rachni war or the Prothean's fight against the Reapers would also be good. Honestly I just really want more from Bioware and am a bit afraid that they'll move on to something else and give this property to someone that won't do it justice.

Although if they made another Jade Empire I'd be super happy.
Back to top Go down
Lady Shyka
Gamemaker
Lady Shyka

PostSubject: Re: What will be poppy's first game here?   What will be poppy's first game here? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 10:46 pm

Spoiler wrote:
After Mordin died I was devastated. I know that was just the beginning of the badness, but I watched the cut scene thinking "did my decision just kill him?". So sad. Apart from Kaiden, none of them have died before. I know there's a configuration where he doesn't die, but it involves Wrex being dead or something. Screw that!

Poppycox88 wrote:
The Rachni war or the Prothean's fight against the Reapers would also be good. Honestly I just really want more from Bioware and am a bit afraid that they'll move on to something else and give this property to someone that won't do it justice.

Although if they made another Jade Empire I'd be super happy.
Well, I'm guessing next up it'll be another Dragon Age, if they're even game to try that again. Dragon Age 2 was just terrible in comparison to the first one.
Back to top Go down
Poppycox88
Papas frías
Poppycox88

PostSubject: Re: What will be poppy's first game here?   What will be poppy's first game here? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 10:56 pm

Spoiler wrote:
I actually lost a few different people in the third game. Mordin is the one I'm most sad about, I know there's a way to save Mordin but I couldn't betray Wrex. Wrex is my favorite character in the whole series and I can't imagine the game without him. I'm doing a different character now and I'm going to save him, I kind of wish I had a file where Wrex was dead because it'd be much easier to turn my back on their race. I will definitely say that Bioware didn't hold back any punches with this game. There are some crazy choices to be made and the consequences are bigger than ever before.

I wouldn't mind them doing another Dragon Age game. I know that the second one wasn't as good as the first but I trust that they've learned from that mistake and will be able to make the third one better. Plus I want to see what happens when my character from the first game meets my character from the second game and figure out who I get to play as (I hope it's the character from the first game).
Back to top Go down
Lady Shyka
Gamemaker
Lady Shyka

PostSubject: Re: What will be poppy's first game here?   What will be poppy's first game here? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 11:17 pm

Hmmm.....I never really thought about that. It would be interesting.

I still want to know what happened to that
Spoiler wrote:
damn baby!! Witch Hunt did not provide the "conclusions" it promised.
Back to top Go down
Poppycox88
Papas frías
Poppycox88

PostSubject: Re: What will be poppy's first game here?   What will be poppy's first game here? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 11:25 pm

I actually skipped that DLC because it got such horrible reviews. Actually almost all the DLC for that series has been crap (except the Awakenings stuff I dug that). I kind of forgot all about the series once the hype machine for ME3 started. I kind of feel bad for the series since it will always be compared to the Mass Effect series which isn't really fair. Hopefully the third (and most likely final) game in the series will answer all the lingering questions and fix the pacing and location problems that the second one had.
Back to top Go down
Albert B
Papas frías
Albert B

PostSubject: Re: What will be poppy's first game here?   What will be poppy's first game here? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 12:27 am

Poppycox88 wrote:
I won't lie I started tearing up towards the end of ME3, I spent over 100 hours with that series and to say bye to all those characters (that I helped mold) was crazy sad.

I look forward to hearing what you all think of the ending. I'm not as super angry about it as everyone on the internet and the ending does make sense in the overall feel of the game but it's kind of a kick in the gut at the same time for people that invested that kind of time into it.

The game is too much of a cash cow for them not to do stuff like that. It may take awhile, but I'm sure you will see something come out.
Back to top Go down
Moses
Papas frías
Moses

PostSubject: Re: What will be poppy's first game here?   What will be poppy's first game here? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 10:00 am

Celtic wrote:
Moses wrote:

Also, Moses the gamerunner is dead. Long live Moses the layabout.

Hadn't you just started making one pre-Hunger Games?

I don't know. Maybe? Oh, no, I had come up with a couple of powers that I wrote into my phone's notes. I didn't have a real theme or nothin'.

I'd need a lot more time on my hands before I did anymore than that.

Albert B wrote:
I've never played any of the Mass Effect Games. The first one came out when I didn't have any time and I didn't pick up the second, because I didn't really care about it since I hadn't played the first. Now number 3 comes along, and I feel like I'd have to go back and play the first two before I did that. Then I look at the pile of games beside my ps3 that I still haven't finished, some I have barely started and I just forget it.

Get a new copy of Mass Effect 2 for PS3 and it comes with a DLC that explains the first game. I never played the first, just the second and now the third, and I feel like I've gotten the full story.

It's worth prioritizing. I loved the second one, and I had written off the series and was so jaded towards it beforehand. It made me love it.
Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker
kelly

PostSubject: Re: What will be poppy's first game here?   What will be poppy's first game here? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 10:01 am

Guys, I won't let you down.

Everyone here loves Sweet Valley High, right?
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: What will be poppy's first game here?   What will be poppy's first game here? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 10:35 am

Just don't make me Mr. Cooper. What will be poppy's first game here? - Page 2 1sm056pullhair
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: What will be poppy's first game here?   What will be poppy's first game here? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 10:41 am

I remember some talk of a Gunslinger game. Did that happen and I just didn't play it?

eta-nvm. it was an ASKEWD game, wasn't it? And I think I played it.
Back to top Go down
Poppycox88
Papas frías
Poppycox88

PostSubject: Re: What will be poppy's first game here?   What will be poppy's first game here? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 2:14 pm

I nominate Kelly to do write ups for me if she's going to pick a subject I know nothing about lol.

How about we end the poll on Friday and I'll work on the game over the weekend to start on Monday?
Back to top Go down
forehead
Papas frías
forehead

PostSubject: Re: What will be poppy's first game here?   What will be poppy's first game here? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 3:14 pm

kelly wrote:
Guys, I won't let you down.

Ran from 1994-1998, what do you think? Razz But as you all know, I'll play anything. I'm an addict like that.
Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker
kelly

PostSubject: Re: What will be poppy's first game here?   What will be poppy's first game here? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 3:19 pm

I'm just teasing. I'd never pick something no one knew or everyone hated (my docs mafia excluded). Also, go with second choice on the poll anyway.
Back to top Go down
Poppycox88
Papas frías
Poppycox88

PostSubject: Re: What will be poppy's first game here?   What will be poppy's first game here? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 3:21 pm

I'm thinking Star Wars is going to pull out the victory if you don't want to choose something.

If you chose something that was on Netflix instant watch I could knock it out this weekend and have a game for Monday lol
Back to top Go down
Emlyn
Papas frías

PostSubject: Re: What will be poppy's first game here?   What will be poppy's first game here? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 3:22 pm

forehead wrote:
kelly wrote:

I'll play anything.

Oh. That's your excuse.
Back to top Go down
Celtic
Papas frías
Celtic

PostSubject: Re: What will be poppy's first game here?   What will be poppy's first game here? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 3:28 pm

BTW, I've been watching a ton of docs on Netflix lately - you were just ahead of the times, kellly!
Back to top Go down
Poppycox88
Papas frías
Poppycox88

PostSubject: Re: What will be poppy's first game here?   What will be poppy's first game here? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 3:31 pm

Kelly have you seen Card subject to change? It's a wrestling doc on instant watch and I was going to watch it but I figured I'd see if anyone knows if it's good or not before I give it my time.
Back to top Go down
forehead
Papas frías
forehead

PostSubject: Re: What will be poppy's first game here?   What will be poppy's first game here? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 5:44 pm

Emlyn wrote:
forehead wrote:
kelly wrote:

I'll play anything.

Yeah that, and the fact I'm a glutton for punishment.

Oh. That's your excuse.

Poppycox88 wrote:
Kelly have you seen Card subject to change? It's a wrestling doc on instant watch and I was going to watch it but I figured I'd see if anyone knows if it's good or not before I give it my time.

I presume you've already watched it but the Macho Man one is on there(I may have configured my PS3 to American DNS so I get access to American Netflix Twisted Evil ) I'm planning on running my way through the wrestling ones on there.
Back to top Go down
Poppycox88
Papas frías
Poppycox88

PostSubject: Re: What will be poppy's first game here?   What will be poppy's first game here? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 5:50 pm

Yeah I own the Macho Man one.

The Card Subject to change one is actually really good if anyone is interested in it.
Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: What will be poppy's first game here?   What will be poppy's first game here? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 6:56 pm

Forehead, so you use a VPN based in the US for the US Netflix?

I heard by doing that and using a pre-paid credit card it is relatively painless.

Don't even need a US address, just need to put US as your country.

Make a new thread in the 'Hole though and walk me through your process so we don't choke off this thread's purpose.

Back to top Go down
forehead
Papas frías
forehead

PostSubject: Re: What will be poppy's first game here?   What will be poppy's first game here? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 7:04 pm

Poker wrote:
Forehead, so you use a VPN based in the US for the US Netflix?

I heard by doing that and using a pre-paid credit card it is relatively painless.

Don't even need a US address, just need to put US as your country.

Make a new thread in the 'Hole though and walk me through your process so we don't choke off this thread's purpose.

No. I have set my PS3's DNS so that it connects to American servers. I've still got a UK netflix account(when I sign into my pc account it's the UK one but you can use proxy servers to access the US content via the PC).

The reason it works is because Netflix's accounts are technically global, and they just hook onto whatever server you set it up to connect to. Basically if I took my PS3 to America and set it up, normally, it's connect to the American database.

I got it off my soccer forum's E-Chat section, here's the quote that the guy posted.

Quote :
For those of you with a PS3 or Xbox 360, if you change your network settings so that your Primary DNS is set to 208.122.23.22 and the Secondary DNS is set to 208.122.23.23 you can access all of Netflix USA's content. You don't have to fart about with changing the router settings, all these changes are done through the PS3 and Xbox 360 itself.

Enjoy!

I don't know how to do it on a PC and I've not bothered to look because I don't feel the need to try if I've got it setup on the PS3.

I set the DNS up after I'd tried the free month's trial for the UK one so all my account details are my actual details (address, card numbers etc)

The one thing that will change is that if I tried to play games online on my PS3 then it'd connect to American servers, I've not been playing games recently though so I've not needed to change it.
Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: What will be poppy's first game here?   What will be poppy's first game here? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 7:16 pm

Wonder if that would work on a Nintendo Wii? Will he answer that query for you? Also ask him if it works pretty much anywhere outside the US or just in the UK.

I've yet to connect it to the internet. It's not like my 5 year old would or should be playing Just Dance online or Mariokart Wii online. I don't play video games really so it was just something I never needed to do.

Back to top Go down
forehead
Papas frías
forehead

PostSubject: Re: What will be poppy's first game here?   What will be poppy's first game here? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 7:23 pm

Poker wrote:
Wonder if that would work on a Nintendo Wii? Will he answer that query for you? Also ask him if it works pretty much anywhere outside the US or just in the UK.

I've yet to connect it to the internet. It's not like my 5 year old would or should be playing Just Dance online or Mariokart Wii online. I don't play video games really so it was just something I never needed to do.

Is there a Wii Netflix app?
Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: What will be poppy's first game here?   What will be poppy's first game here? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 7:26 pm

forehead wrote:
Poker wrote:

Yes, apparently. I know people who have used it, but I'm not one of them.

https://signup.netflix.com/nrd/Wii

Back to top Go down
Ana
Papas frías
Ana

PostSubject: Re: What will be poppy's first game here?   What will be poppy's first game here? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 7:35 pm

Yep, Netflix is about all my Wii ever gets used for anymore.
Back to top Go down
forehead
Papas frías
forehead

PostSubject: Re: What will be poppy's first game here?   What will be poppy's first game here? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 7:44 pm

Poker wrote:
forehead wrote:
Poker wrote:

Yes, apparently. I know people who have used it, but I'm not one of them.

https://signup.netflix.com/nrd/Wii

Ah ok. I'm not familiar with the Wii at all so as long as you've got an internet connection and the Netflix app then it should work.

Try it just now and I'll ask on my forum if it's the same but it should be, since it's just a connection so I don't think it should change if you're connecting in the UK or Canada.
Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: What will be poppy's first game here?   What will be poppy's first game here? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 7:54 pm

I need to figure out all that stuff.

I have Netflix on my iPad, but it's complicated AND it's the shitty Canadian version AND the access is not mine, nor have I really used it much at all.

Back to top Go down
Albert B
Papas frías
Albert B

PostSubject: Re: What will be poppy's first game here?   What will be poppy's first game here? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 8:20 pm

Poppycox88 wrote:
Yeah I own the Macho Man one.

The Card Subject to change one is actually really good if anyone is interested in it.

Just finished watching it. Wasn't bad.
Back to top Go down
forehead
Papas frías
forehead

PostSubject: Re: What will be poppy's first game here?   What will be poppy's first game here? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 8:58 pm

Poker wrote:
I need to figure out all that stuff.

I have Netflix on my iPad, but it's complicated AND it's the shitty Canadian version AND the access is not mine, nor have I really used it much at all.

As I said, I don't know the configurations of the Wii(or iPad) but on the PS3 this is how I go about changing the DNS.

Settings->Network settings->internet connection settings->custom. From here on in it's just how you setup your internet connection except when it says "DNS setting" you pick manual instead of automatic. It'll then do it automatically.

I'd wager that it's similar on both, but probably wherever you set the internet connection will be in a different place. The way I understand it is that you're specifically telling where to connect to, rather than the console just picking up whichever is closest. It shouldn't affect the other functions(if you did it on your iPad although a proxy server would probably be the best for that but I've not idea on them). It'll just mean if you were to play online Wii then you'd go into American servers rather than Canadian(if they've separated North America) but that wouldn't affect you as much as it would British people(the connection would lessen).
Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: What will be poppy's first game here?   What will be poppy's first game here? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 7:00 am

Looks like Kelllly's choice.

When you starting the game she wants, Popps?

Back to top Go down
forehead
Papas frías
forehead

PostSubject: Re: What will be poppy's first game here?   What will be poppy's first game here? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 7:33 am

It should be comics, and involve DC ones so our newest member will rejoin us in glorious glory.

Right?
Back to top Go down
Poppycox88
Papas frías
Poppycox88

PostSubject: Re: What will be poppy's first game here?   What will be poppy's first game here? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 9:55 am

Kelly said she wasn't going to give me an option so I'm going to go with Star Wars. I'll set up a thread soon as I'm not busy with work.
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: What will be poppy's first game here?   What will be poppy's first game here? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 10:04 am

Poppycox88 wrote:
Kelly said she wasn't going to give me an option so I'm going to go with Star Wars. I'll set up a thread soon as I'm not busy with work.

I would hold up a second. If we're going to be making the move to The 'Stache then we may as well just start the new game there. If we're going to abandon it, I'm just waiting on my internet assistants to help me determine which route is best.
Back to top Go down
Poppycox88
Papas frías
Poppycox88

PostSubject: Re: What will be poppy's first game here?   What will be poppy's first game here? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 10:09 am

That's cool Jon I probably wasn't going to set it up until tomorrow or something man.

Take your time, no need to rush for my sake!
Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker
kelly

PostSubject: Re: What will be poppy's first game here?   What will be poppy's first game here? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 10:13 am

Wait, if we move, can we not move all these threads too?

I vote for doing the most seamless thing as possible.
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: What will be poppy's first game here?   What will be poppy's first game here? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 10:35 am

kelly wrote:
Wait, if we move, can we not move all these threads too?

I vote for doing the most seamless thing as possible.

Then we will need to stay here.
Back to top Go down
Moses
Papas frías
Moses

PostSubject: Re: What will be poppy's first game here?   What will be poppy's first game here? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 10:40 am

There aren't that many threads (well, unless you don't want to part with your game day threads). We just lost all of the View Askew threads; we can recover!

Plus, this will give me a chance to make all the threads coxxy stole from me.

Back to top Go down
Poppycox88
Papas frías
Poppycox88

PostSubject: Re: What will be poppy's first game here?   What will be poppy's first game here? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 10:41 am

I only stole the Videogame thread and I earned it Moses!

You had your chance sir, now is the age of cox!....wait what?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What will be poppy's first game here?   What will be poppy's first game here? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What will be poppy's first game here?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next