The 74th Annual Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for Capitol Punishment.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Go down 
+8
kelly
forehead
Rush
SweetIrony!
Spinal
Albert B
Cable
bad_jon.
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

The 74th Annual Hunger Games Empty
PostSubject: The 74th Annual Hunger Games   The 74th Annual Hunger Games Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 12:25 pm

“We could do it, you know. Leave the district. Run off. Live in the woods. You and I, we could make it.”

These are the OFFICIAL rules for The 74th Annual Hunger Games.

1. Survive. That’s your goal. Be the last one standing and you will win The 74th Annual Hunger Games. In addition to the glory of being the winner, whatever team you are aligned with will also be noted as victorious. There are 24 spots in this game that is it, no more no less.

2. Please understand that The Hunger Games will take place on an entirely separate board. If selected to participate, you've been given the location of this board as well as specific login instructions. Once all the players have taken their places, the location of the board will be revealed publicly for all to see.

3. Communication will be limited to The Arena. If you can post elsewhere, you’ll know it. Otherwise, keep it in there.

4. When applicable, lynch votes will follow the standard:

!Aspen

to vote for someone and

#Aspen

to unvote for someone. You know how The Capitol feels about people who quote or edit vote posts. Don’t do it...if you appreciate having a tongue.

5. During a lynch, whoever has the most votes at the end of the day will die. In the event of a tie, no one will die, but the person who cast the tying vote will not be able to use a power the next day.

6. Days will end at 3 p.m Central. Votes on the minute will count. Power results will be sent out after the write-up. If something seems off about your results, you may email The Gamemakers at vahungergames@gmail.com, though there is a chance you may not receive an answer that seems satisfactory to your curiosity.

7. Your identities have been kept a secret. You are now only your character. If you choose to reveal your true face, it will be your own burden to bear. You have been given a Capitol-sanctioned avatar. Unless you are given specific permission to change it, you would do well to leave it alone. Likewise, signatures are turned off. Relish your anonymity.

8. Spectators are highly encouraged. The Hunger Games only exist for the Capitol’s viewing enjoyment. If you aren’t playing the game, your attention is still vital to the success of the games. You may even find yourself in a position to play a vital role in the game.

9. Once you’ve died in the game, please don’t feel as though your usefulness has been ended. There will be an on-site ghost board for you to interact and comment on the game.

10. To submit your daily power, you must e-mail vahungergames@gmail.com before the end of day. Self targeting with your power is allowed. We don’t want to disallow power changes, but don’t make our lives difficult. Our happiness is vital to your survival.

11. In addition to your daily powers, each day you’ll be required to submit travel instructions. There will be a segmented Arena map. (See the map at the bottom of this post.) You will all begin Day One in the same location. After that, unless instructed otherwise, each player will be allowed to move up, down, left or right to an adjacent location on the map. Each day with the results, players’ current locations on the map will be posted. Map locations will have an effect on the way some powers work. If you have a “hand-to-hand” power, you can only use it on someone who is in your shared square. “Short range” powers can only affect players in immediately adjacent squares and “ranged” powers can be used on anyone anywhere on the map. You may choose to stay still for one day, but know that the map can also be your enemy or your ally.

12. Okay, so you’ve got your daily power and your travelling instructions to submit each day. There’s one more option available to you when you submit your powers. Your inventory. Items will play a vital role in your survival. But you can’t carry an unlimited amount. See your assignment to learn how much you can carry. Each day you can choose to:

1. Use an item.
2. Steal from another player if they are in your location.
3. Drop an item in your inventory.
4. Search your location for an item.
5. Protect one item in your inventory from being stolen.
6. Give an item to another player, regardless of location.

Understand there are items and powers that have exceptions and that if something doesn’t work the way you think it should...there might be a reason for it. But feel free to ask anyway.

13. Know this: Your participation level will have a direct impact on your survival. You needn’t know the exact calculations which will lead to your potential demise, but rest assured that if you aren’t posting actively in The Arena, you won’t be long for this world. We call this Hunger. During the night (read: Not at EOD, but sometime before the morning), a Hunger Report will be posted, telling you whether you are in danger of mortality. Spend two days on this report and you’ll be in CRITICAL condition. If you don’t find a way to combat hunger on the second day, you’re dead.

The 74th Annual Hunger Games HGmap

Map Legend:
Top Row: A1 A2 A3
Middle Row: B1 B2 B3
Bottom Row: C1 C2 C3

14. The Hunger Games simply aren’t fair. But remember that you’re being watched. Life isn’t about the challenges you face, but how you respond to them.

This thread will be open for 24 answer to allow for questions. After that, it will be locked.

Last edited by Claudius Templesmith on Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:18 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Cable
Papas frías
Cable

PostSubject: Re: The 74th Annual Hunger Games   The 74th Annual Hunger Games Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 2:33 pm

So when do we get our items and powers? I could use a metal detector.
Back to top Go down
Albert B
Papas frías
Albert B

PostSubject: Re: The 74th Annual Hunger Games   The 74th Annual Hunger Games Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 3:02 pm

is today a short day or a long one?
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: The 74th Annual Hunger Games   The 74th Annual Hunger Games Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 3:04 pm

Cable wrote:
So when do we get our items and powers? I could use a metal detector.

Once all the accounts have checked in, you'll get a PM.

We'll also be enabling Character Sheets which will help you track things.
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: The 74th Annual Hunger Games   The 74th Annual Hunger Games Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 3:05 pm

Cordelia wrote:
is today a short day or a long one?

Long. Giving you the first couple of hours to get acclimated.

We'll officially begin at 3 p.m. CDT.
Back to top Go down
Spinal
Papas frías
Spinal

PostSubject: Re: The 74th Annual Hunger Games   The 74th Annual Hunger Games Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 3:15 pm

Claudius Templesmith wrote:
This thread will be open for 24 answer to allow for questions. After that, it will be locked.

After 24 answers this thread will be locked?

Damn I just cost us one.
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: The 74th Annual Hunger Games   The 74th Annual Hunger Games Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 3:17 pm

Clove wrote:

After 24 answers this thread will be locked?

Damn I just cost us one.

You know...it was supposed to be hours. But thank Clove, everyone.

Now it's answers.

Back to top Go down
Cable
Papas frías
Cable

PostSubject: Re: The 74th Annual Hunger Games   The 74th Annual Hunger Games Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 3:18 pm

Is it possible that might I find a body of water in A1 or A2?

And the black half circle in C3, is that a rocky area or a tar pit?
Back to top Go down
Spinal
Papas frías
Spinal

PostSubject: Re: The 74th Annual Hunger Games   The 74th Annual Hunger Games Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 3:18 pm

From how I am reading the rules, we can use our power and an item in the same day, correct?
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: The 74th Annual Hunger Games   The 74th Annual Hunger Games Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 3:22 pm

Clove wrote:
From how I am reading the rules, we can use our power and an item in the same day, correct?

This is tricky and will make more sense in your assignment.

All powers come from items. You will have a primary item and the potential to carry several secondary items. Yes, you will be able to use your primary item as well as perform a function within your inventory.
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: The 74th Annual Hunger Games   The 74th Annual Hunger Games Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 3:23 pm

Cable wrote:
Is it possible that might I find a body of water in A1 or A2?

And the black half circle in C3, is that a rocky area or a tar pit?

The map is full of hidden dangers and benefits.
Back to top Go down
SweetIrony!
Papas frías
SweetIrony!

PostSubject: Re: The 74th Annual Hunger Games   The 74th Annual Hunger Games Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 4:43 pm

Do we already know our locations? Do we get a participant list? We really need a participant list.
Back to top Go down
Rush
Papas frías
Rush

PostSubject: Re: The 74th Annual Hunger Games   The 74th Annual Hunger Games Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 4:49 pm

For rule 12, can we only do one of those things each day? Or as many as we are able to do?
Back to top Go down
Rush
Papas frías
Rush

PostSubject: Re: The 74th Annual Hunger Games   The 74th Annual Hunger Games Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 4:50 pm

Also, for this voting format: !Female Tribute D5 is that exactly what we would put? Or would we put: !Rush D8?
Back to top Go down
SweetIrony!
Papas frías
SweetIrony!

PostSubject: Re: The 74th Annual Hunger Games   The 74th Annual Hunger Games Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 6:00 pm

I THOUGHT THERE WOULD BE ANSWERS BY NOW.
Back to top Go down
forehead
Papas frías
forehead

PostSubject: Re: The 74th Annual Hunger Games   The 74th Annual Hunger Games Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 6:03 pm

How do you send a PM, I'd love to send my VA identity but can't for the life of me figure out how to get a new message template...
Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker
kelly

PostSubject: Re: The 74th Annual Hunger Games   The 74th Annual Hunger Games Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 6:25 pm

Aspen wrote:
How do you send a PM, I'd love to send my VA identity but can't for the life of me figure out how to get a new message template...

Try going through the Memberlist?
Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker
kelly

PostSubject: Re: The 74th Annual Hunger Games   The 74th Annual Hunger Games Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 6:25 pm

Marvel wrote:

I'M SORRY, I DON'T KNOW ALL THE ANSWERS. I AM TRYYYYYYING.
Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker
kelly

PostSubject: Re: The 74th Annual Hunger Games   The 74th Annual Hunger Games Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 6:26 pm

Rush wrote:
Also, for this voting format: !Female Tribute D5 is that exactly what we would put? Or would we put: !Rush D8?

You can put the Character Name (i.e. Rush), yes.
Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker
kelly

PostSubject: Re: The 74th Annual Hunger Games   The 74th Annual Hunger Games Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 6:27 pm

Rush wrote:
For rule 12, can we only do one of those things each day? Or as many as we are able to do?

See:

Clove wrote:

This is tricky and will make more sense in your assignment.

All powers come from items. You will have a primary item and the potential to carry several secondary items. Yes, you will be able to use your primary item as well as perform a function within your inventory.
Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker
kelly

PostSubject: Re: The 74th Annual Hunger Games   The 74th Annual Hunger Games Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 6:27 pm

Marvel wrote:
Do we already know our locations? Do we get a participant list? We really need a participant list.

I believe everyone started in the same location - in the opening post.

I also believe it is a big fat NO on the participant list. You can go to "memberlist" though!
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: The 74th Annual Hunger Games   The 74th Annual Hunger Games Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 6:28 pm

Marvel wrote:

You are in the center square, B2, around the Cornucopia.

There are 24 players. A male and female from each of the 12 districts. You can figure the rest out as a group.
Back to top Go down
Lady Shyka
Gamemaker
Lady Shyka

PostSubject: Re: The 74th Annual Hunger Games   The 74th Annual Hunger Games Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 6:45 pm

Character Sheets have now been enabled.

Click on "Profile" from the top menu to go to your Profile page.
Then click "Assignment" to view your assigned character's details.

This page will be updated daily to reflect your current items and actions.
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: The 74th Annual Hunger Games   The 74th Annual Hunger Games Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 6:47 pm

Aspen wrote:

If you're sending it to me, belay those orders. If you're sending it to another Tribute, Black Hovercraft will be there soon.
Back to top Go down
SweetIrony!
Papas frías
SweetIrony!

PostSubject: Re: The 74th Annual Hunger Games   The 74th Annual Hunger Games Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 6:47 pm

Seneca Crane wrote:
Marvel wrote:

I'M SORRY, I DON'T KNOW ALL THE ANSWERS. I AM TRYYYYYYING.
It's ok, I was yelling at Claudius. I'm from District 1, so I may be a little spoiled. Also, possibly facing death so a little on edge.
Back to top Go down
Gargoyle Geek
Papas frías
Gargoyle Geek

PostSubject: Re: The 74th Annual Hunger Games   The 74th Annual Hunger Games Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 7:17 pm

1) What's the order of powers/movement? I'm assuming movement is last.
2) Will we see who is in the same square as us, after the move?
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: The 74th Annual Hunger Games   The 74th Annual Hunger Games Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 7:20 pm

Quinoa wrote:
1) What's the order of powers/movement? I'm assuming movement is last.
2) Will we see who is in the same square as us, after the move?

1) All day's actions will be contingent upon the current location. So yes, movement is last, provided you survive.
2) Each day's results will include map results, detailing where players are located.
Back to top Go down
forehead
Papas frías
forehead

PostSubject: Re: The 74th Annual Hunger Games   The 74th Annual Hunger Games Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 7:27 pm

Aspen wrote:

If you're sending it to me, belay those orders. If you're sending it to another Tribute, Black Hovercraft will be there soon.

Ah right, yeah it was that, I still couldn't find it Laughing
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: The 74th Annual Hunger Games   The 74th Annual Hunger Games Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 7:30 pm

Can you not see a link to PM me at the bottom of my posts?
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: The 74th Annual Hunger Games   The 74th Annual Hunger Games Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 7:33 pm

Another note...

If you have an item with an x"#" notation, that is your number of uses. Once exhausted, it will leave your inventory.
Back to top Go down
jennifer
Papas frías
jennifer

PostSubject: Re: The 74th Annual Hunger Games   The 74th Annual Hunger Games Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 7:39 pm

I am so confused.
Back to top Go down
forehead
Papas frías
forehead

PostSubject: Re: The 74th Annual Hunger Games   The 74th Annual Hunger Games Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 8:00 pm

Can you not see a link to PM me at the bottom of my posts?

Oh I see it now, I only looked on your profile, my inbox and underneath your name. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Albert B
Papas frías
Albert B

PostSubject: Re: The 74th Annual Hunger Games   The 74th Annual Hunger Games Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 12:50 am

Do you want votes exactly like you posted, using the district x female/male model? Or just use user names now that we have them? Or either way?
Back to top Go down
Lady Shyka
Gamemaker
Lady Shyka

PostSubject: Re: The 74th Annual Hunger Games   The 74th Annual Hunger Games Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 12:58 am

Cordelia wrote:
Do you want votes exactly like you posted, using the district x female/male model? Or just use user names now that we have them? Or either way?
Either is acceptable, but it is preferred that you use their names.

The Gamemakers will not be pleased if you start making thing too complicated.
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: The 74th Annual Hunger Games   The 74th Annual Hunger Games Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 3:42 am

Rule 3 says communication will be limited to the Arena. So no PMs?
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: The 74th Annual Hunger Games   The 74th Annual Hunger Games Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 3:50 am

Is our primary item/power automatically protected from being stolen? Or is that a choice we have to make each day about whether to protect it or not?
Back to top Go down
Lady Shyka
Gamemaker
Lady Shyka

PostSubject: Re: The 74th Annual Hunger Games   The 74th Annual Hunger Games Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 4:07 am

Octave wrote:
You may PM the gamemakers (more specifically Claudius Templesmith), but no-one else.
Back to top Go down
Lady Shyka
Gamemaker
Lady Shyka

PostSubject: Re: The 74th Annual Hunger Games   The 74th Annual Hunger Games Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 4:08 am

Octave wrote:
Is our primary item/power automatically protected from being stolen? Or is that a choice we have to make each day about whether to protect it or not?
Primary items are vulnerable to being stolen.
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: The 74th Annual Hunger Games   The 74th Annual Hunger Games Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 4:29 am

Thank you for the answers.

Even if they weren't the answers I was looking for... affraid
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: The 74th Annual Hunger Games   The 74th Annual Hunger Games Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 11:29 am

Plutarch Heavensbee wrote:
Octave wrote:
You may PM the gamemakers (more specifically Claudius Templesmith), but no-one else.

This is true, however, you're more likely to have questions answered in a timely fashion by sending an email to the Gamemakers.
Back to top Go down
Gargoyle Geek
Papas frías
Gargoyle Geek

PostSubject: Re: The 74th Annual Hunger Games   The 74th Annual Hunger Games Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 3:19 pm

Rule #11 (Movement) - Up, down, left or right.

We should take that to mean no diagonal movement?
Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker
kelly

PostSubject: Re: The 74th Annual Hunger Games   The 74th Annual Hunger Games Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 6:24 pm

ADDITION TO THE RULES, ALL YOU AWFULS

1. Please include your NAME FROM HERE in the subject line of your email when submitting your powers. THIS IS CRAZY-SENSE not to.

2. When submitting your move, please put the actual location letter and number, NOT "I WANT TO MOVE UP ONE" because OH MY GOD.

3. Love y'all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 74th Annual Hunger Games   The 74th Annual Hunger Games Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next