The 74th Annual Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 74th Annual Hunger Games

A place for Capitol Punishment.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

March Madness

Go down 
+4
Gargoyle Geek
Albert B
s l i t h y
kelly
8 posters
AuthorMessage
kelly
Gamemaker
kelly

March Madness Empty
PostSubject: March Madness   March Madness Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 5:17 pm

If anyone wants to bracket their faces off, here. I created a group for the customers of my stores and the winner gets a $100 gift card. I was just able to start marketing it today (and all brackets must be complete by Thursday morning), so would LOVE for you to create your own bracket so my bosses think it was a great idea (it is, if I had been able to start promoting it about 2 weeks ago.)

http://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/t1/group/166451/invitation?key=c88b25c1bfd599bb

It's so much fun, even if you hate everything there is about sports (of which, there is nothing.)
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

March Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 5:22 pm

It's been years since I've done a real bracket.

As long as the Gators make it to the Final Four I should be a cinch to win. Basketball
Back to top Go down
Albert B
Papas frías
Albert B

March Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 9:37 pm

Someone tell me if VCU makes it into the sweet 16 or 8 or whatever. Then I'll pay attention to it more. Have to support my old School.
Back to top Go down
Gargoyle Geek
Papas frías
Gargoyle Geek

March Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 10:47 pm

s l i t h y wrote:
It's been years since I've done a real bracket.

As long as the Gators make it to the Final Four I should be a cinch to win. Basketball

I tried to pull the trigger and put Michigan over North Carolina but just I couldn't do it. Same old bracket that will surely be toilet paper by the end of round 2!

I love the tourney. The first two nights are, without question, my favorite sporting event(s) of the year.
Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker
kelly

March Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 9:07 am

Man, my heart and brain are fighting like hyenas. I CAN'T NOT PICK ALABAMA EVER. Damn you, UNC.
Back to top Go down
Spinal
Papas frías
Spinal

March Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 12:44 pm

Although I have no idea about any of the teams, I love filing out brackets for March Madness!!
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

March Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 2:47 pm

So...brackets can be filled out now?
Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker
kelly

March Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 3:17 pm

Yes. Until tomorrow morning.
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

March Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 3:25 pm

Done. I win.
Back to top Go down
Celtic
Papas frías
Celtic

March Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 3:27 pm

Albert B wrote:
Someone tell me if VCU makes it into the sweet 16 or 8 or whatever. Then I'll pay attention to it more. Have to support my old School.

They just made it to the final 4 last year! Shouldn't there still be some kind of attention afterglow? Wink

They caught a tough break in playing Wichita State right out of the gate.
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

March Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 3:32 pm

Why...is Wichita good?
Back to top Go down
Celtic
Papas frías
Celtic

March Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 3:37 pm

Yes, a smaller school but that means they keep people longer so they have upperclassmen who're experienced - they're pretty good. They could win more than one game
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

March Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 3:40 pm

Celtic wrote:
Yes, a smaller school but that means they keep people longer so they have upperclassmen who're experienced - they're pretty good. They could win more than one game

So, I should expect all the local athletic nutjobs to be overly enthusiastic about their typically just-okay team for the next month?
Back to top Go down
Celtic
Papas frías
Celtic

March Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 3:59 pm

Oh, absolutely. But don't worry, after 2 games (assuming they won) they'd play the #1 and pretty surely be done. So there's a limit on it for you
Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker
kelly

March Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 9:39 am

Celtic, did you pick Creighton or Bama?

You can tell me.
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

March Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 9:40 am

I picked Bama for at least one round.
Back to top Go down
Spinal
Papas frías
Spinal

March Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 10:28 am

Interesting article

Bracket facts
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

March Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 10:34 am

I predict that I will understand about 3 percent of that article. Seeds.
Back to top Go down
Celtic
Papas frías
Celtic

March Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 1:19 pm

Can anyone get the streaming video to work? This is driving me insane

ETA: ok, if you're using Forefox and have AdBlocker installed you have to turn it off. I have no idea why that has anything to do with videos (since it doesn't screw up youtube which has ads, for instance) but it worked.
Back to top Go down
Rue
Papas frías
Rue

March Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 4:34 pm

I have Baylor going to the final four. Who is with me?
Back to top Go down
Gargoyle Geek
Papas frías
Gargoyle Geek

March Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 8:37 pm

Spinal wrote:
Interesting article

Bracket facts

I wish I would have seen that before I filled out my crap bracket. I have 3 wrong ALREADY! I've also got all 4 number 1's going to the final four so that's never works out either.

You guys should indicate who your fav team is so I can live vicariously through you.
Back to top Go down
Gargoyle Geek
Papas frías
Gargoyle Geek

March Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 8:43 pm

BTW: Kelly, thanks for inviting us to your bracket.
Back to top Go down
Spinal
Papas frías
Spinal

March Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 10:17 pm

Gargoyle Geek wrote:
Spinal wrote:
Interesting article

Bracket facts

I wish I would have seen that before I filled out my crap bracket. I have 3 wrong ALREADY! I've also got all 4 number 1's going to the final four so that's never works out either.

You guys should indicate who your fav team is so I can live vicariously through you.

I should have posted it yesterday when I found it, sorry.

Gargoyle Geek wrote:
BTW: Kelly, thanks for inviting us to your bracket.

Yes thank you for allowing us to play with you. Do your bosses like the idea yet?

Back to top Go down
Spinal
Papas frías
Spinal

March Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 10:53 pm

jon_bad. wrote:
Why...is Wichita good?

Not good enough this year, damn them!!
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

March Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 11:40 pm

Rue wrote:
I have Baylor going to the final four. Who is with me?

Sorry. Not me. I've got them losing to Colorado, so I'm really hoping Colorado can hold on in the second half tonight.
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

March Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 11:56 pm

Gargoyle Geek wrote:
Spinal wrote:
Interesting article

Bracket facts

I've already got 3 wrong too. (4 actually, thanks to both games in Louisville not being upsets, thank you very much.)

I bleed orange and blue. My favorite team is the Gators. But I don't have much faith in them this year. I've got them losing to Mizzou this weekend.

Ironically enough, I picked the Seminoles to lose to Kentucky for the Championship. (The other two teams in the final four will be Mizzou and NC State, my bracket busters.)

In other words I won't be winning Kelly's gift card.
Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker
kelly

March Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 1:57 pm

COME OOOOOOOOOOOOON BAMA. FLOP THOSE JAYS.
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

March Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 2:00 pm

My bracket is screwed.
Back to top Go down
Rue
Papas frías
Rue

March Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 2:34 pm

I almost got hosed yesterday
Back to top Go down
Celtic
Papas frías
Celtic

March Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 3:43 pm

Me too, Graham, I have your boys winning a couple more that one would really have stung.
Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker
kelly

March Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 3:44 pm

Rant Stormy
Back to top Go down
Celtic
Papas frías
Celtic

March Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 3:47 pm

Just think of Saban (and how they just won) or how Creighton will now have to play UNC (and get completely smoked)
Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker
kelly

March Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 3:51 pm

I DEMAND A REMATCH

RIGHT NOW
Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker
kelly

March Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 3:52 pm

I INFAMY'D YOU, CELTIC, THANK YOU.
Back to top Go down
Rue
Papas frías
Rue

March Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 8:12 pm

Celtic wrote:
Me too, Graham, I have your boys winning a couple more that one would really have stung.

I have em going to the four. I'd love for them to win it all, but I haven't seen that kinda passion from em.

And Mizzou just got slept.
Back to top Go down
Spinal
Papas frías
Spinal

March Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 9:53 pm

bad_jon. wrote:
My bracket is screwed.

I'm right there with you, with the Missouri loss, I'm done. pale

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

March Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

March Madness
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The 74th Annual Hunger Games :: The Board :: The Gathering Hole-