The 74th Annual Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 74th Annual Hunger Games

A place for Capitol Punishment.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Champions - Awards Ceremony

Go down 
+19
Cable
Dileo33
Gimp
Lorene
forehead
Lady Shyka
Ana
Albert B
ASKEWD
Celtic
s l i t h y
Jennie
Emlyn
Poker
Gargoyle Geek
SweetIrony!
Neptune
kelly
bad_jon.
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

The Champions - Awards Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: The Champions - Awards Ceremony   The Champions - Awards Ceremony Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 12:19 pm

Welcome,

We've reached the end of the 74th Annual Hunger Games and thanks to the assistance of unnamed generous donors, we've been able to ensure that (nearly) nobody walks away empty-handed. I hope you all enjoyed yourselves. We'll be making arrangements to get your additional giftcards to you soon.

The Champions, The Mutts
Claire/Mutt2 - Poker - $50 Donation to IWK Health Centre Foundation/$25 ThinkGeek GC/$25 GC - The Full House, Fierce Tongue
Rue/Mutt1 - Graham - $50 Donation...if he tells us who he wants to donate to/$25 ThinkGeek GC/$25 GC - The Sheep in Wool Award
Raile/Mutt3 - Ana - $50 Donation to My Camp Sunshine/$25 ThinkGeek GC/$25 GC - The Don't Call it a Comeback Award

The Final Four
Carr - Celtic - Bringin the Milkshake Award $20 GC
Marvel - SI! - Make This A Career Award $20 GC
Clove - Spinal - Picture Perfect Award $20 GC
Octave - billy - Who's That Girl?Award $20 GC

The Elite Eight
Cordelia - albertb - Rubber and Glue Award - $15 GC
Katniss - drena -Bootstrap Award - $15 GC
Arbor - Dileo33 - The Silver Crown - $15 GC
Foxface - Don_Bello - The Mass Effect Is Too Important Award - $15 GC

Notable Performances
Neptune - Longodds - The Bulldogs on a Boat Award - $10 GC
Amp - Deadpool - Amp up Art (The So Much With So Little Award) - $10 GC
Quinoa -Gargoyle Geek - Mother Fucking Kool Aid (The My Wife Liked You Too Much Award) - $10 GC
Gimp - APP - Most Honorable, Mother Fuckers - $10 GC
Peeta - ASKEWD - The True Love Award - $10 GC
Cato - Jennie - The Warrior's Spirit Award - $10 GC

And The Rest, Here On Gilligan's Isle
Glimmer - weeba - Shooting Star Award - $5 GC
Cable - Rain - I Gave My Token Away for Love? Award - $5 GC
Aspen - forehead - The Lumberjack Lover Award - $5 GC
Holden - poppy - Fuck you Holden, you cock Award - $5 GC
Thresh - s~k - Better Than All of You Award - $5 GC

And, for those whose participation level was surpassed by Sponsors, I can't justify spending the generous donors' money on you. Sorry. Come back next year for the Quarter Quell!

The Zilches
Rush - Gimp Got Your Tongue? - Rocco
Aramid - The No Show No-Prize - Leprechaun (Come back someday!)

And certainly not to be forgotten...to my co-runners...for their tireless work and assistance through this nightmare of a game:

Seneca Crane/kellly - $50 Amazon GC
Plutarch Heavensbee/Lady Shyka - $50 ThinkGeek GC

Thank you so much for helping me see this thing from brainfart into reality.
Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker
kelly

PostSubject: Re: The Champions - Awards Ceremony   The Champions - Awards Ceremony Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 12:21 pm

Congratulations to every single one of you!!! And omg, thanks for my own reward. I've never in my whole life been less deserving of an award.
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

PostSubject: Re: The Champions - Awards Ceremony   The Champions - Awards Ceremony Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 12:30 pm

Holy cow!

Congrats everyone! This is ridiculous!

Jon, if possible, I'd like to donate my GC to helping you purchase whatever domain name we are eventually going with for this site....
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: The Champions - Awards Ceremony   The Champions - Awards Ceremony Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 12:31 pm

Neptune wrote:
Holy cow!

Jon, if possible, I'd like to donate my GC to helping you purchase whatever domain name we are eventually going with for this site....

Not possible, I'm afraid.
Back to top Go down
SweetIrony!
Papas frías
SweetIrony!

PostSubject: Re: The Champions - Awards Ceremony   The Champions - Awards Ceremony Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 12:46 pm

I'm as radiant as the sun! Thank you so much, I'm ready to watch the clips now.

(Finished the book, I love it, can't wait for the movie.)
Back to top Go down
SweetIrony!
Papas frías
SweetIrony!

PostSubject: Re: The Champions - Awards Ceremony   The Champions - Awards Ceremony Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 12:46 pm

This means none of us can be in the mafia Olympics now. (Or wait, did they change that rule?)
Back to top Go down
Gargoyle Geek
Papas frías
Gargoyle Geek

PostSubject: Re: The Champions - Awards Ceremony   The Champions - Awards Ceremony Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 12:49 pm

Wow, thanks! I did not expect prizes!

Great job everyone, especially the mutts!
Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: The Champions - Awards Ceremony   The Champions - Awards Ceremony Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 1:10 pm

Wait, I can use the Think Geek Gift certificate at those other sites?

I don't know what the full house or Fierce tongue is, but that's pretty cool. I track them out and check them out later today.

Backed up on paperwork and my kids came back home a day early. Shortens March Break a bit at least.

Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: The Champions - Awards Ceremony   The Champions - Awards Ceremony Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 1:13 pm

Neptune wrote:
Holy cow!

Yeah really. I agree with LOs.

I'd gladly fold my Cert back into site maintenance if possible.

Back to top Go down
Emlyn
Papas frías

PostSubject: Re: The Champions - Awards Ceremony   The Champions - Awards Ceremony Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 1:16 pm

Gary wrote:
Wow, thanks! I did not expect prizes!

Jon is a benevolent ruler.
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: The Champions - Awards Ceremony   The Champions - Awards Ceremony Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 1:24 pm

Poker wrote:
Neptune wrote:
Holy cow!

Yeah really. I agree with LOs.

I'd gladly fold my Cert back into site maintenance if possible.

Nope. Sorry guys. These prizes were meant for you. Unless I'm mistaken, they're Amazon GCs. So...hopefully that works for everyone.
Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: The Champions - Awards Ceremony   The Champions - Awards Ceremony Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 1:27 pm

Well mine is a Think Geek, but I'll use it as soon as I find something I like. Have to check on the international shipping. Not sure why, some places don't ship outside of the US and others charge much more. We're technically the 51st state, right?

No ocean to cross and no Mexican drug cartel's to dodge.

Back to top Go down
Emlyn
Papas frías

PostSubject: Re: The Champions - Awards Ceremony   The Champions - Awards Ceremony Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 1:31 pm

Poker wrote:
We're technically the 51st state, right?

I'd say 51st - 62nd.
Back to top Go down
Jennie
Papas frías
Jennie

PostSubject: Re: The Champions - Awards Ceremony   The Champions - Awards Ceremony Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 1:53 pm

Wow, I did not expect a prize. Thanks Jon. I was just happy to play this bad_ass game.
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: The Champions - Awards Ceremony   The Champions - Awards Ceremony Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 2:03 pm

Poker wrote:
Well mine is a Think Geek, but I'll use it as soon as I find something I like. Have to check on the international shipping. Not sure why, some places don't ship outside of the US and others charge much more. We're technically the 51st state, right?

The one Shyka provided was ThinkGeek. There will be another $25 coming once we sort out delivery details.
Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: The Champions - Awards Ceremony   The Champions - Awards Ceremony Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 2:04 pm

Emlyn wrote:
Poker wrote:
We're technically the 51st state, right?

I'd say 51st - 62nd.

10 provinces, 3 territories.

But if we start sending our oil to China instead of the US like it was supposed to, I think we're going to be that neighbour noone invites to the street BBQ.

I think if the US family quits fighting about the pipeline through the side yard, we'll be alright tho.

Last I read, it stalled do some Senators, then China decided they would make a play for it and now if things don't work out with the US, "we" will make more money, but most of us want to keep it in NA.

and...done, with political/environmental talk.

Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: The Champions - Awards Ceremony   The Champions - Awards Ceremony Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 2:06 pm

Claudius Templesmith wrote:
Poker wrote:

The one Shyka provided was ThinkGeek. There will be another $25 coming once we sort out delivery details.

Too much.

Thank you all very much, but again, the donation was awesome and VERY appreciated.

Nothing more needed.

Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: The Champions - Awards Ceremony   The Champions - Awards Ceremony Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 2:37 pm

Wow, man, this is too much. This is the most fun I've had in a mafia game in a long time - that in and of itself is reward enough.

But thank you to you and the generous donors.

I agree with Neptune that I would love to roll this back into site upkeep and/or maintenance.

I've definitely found a new home.
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: The Champions - Awards Ceremony   The Champions - Awards Ceremony Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 2:40 pm

And Cable was Rain?

Damn, that makes me doubly sad for what I did. Sad

No, triply sad. Crying or Very sad

(And I didn't even get Cable's Token.

And it wouldn't even have worked on me if I did.)
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: The Champions - Awards Ceremony   The Champions - Awards Ceremony Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 2:49 pm

s l i t h y wrote:
And Cable was Rain?

It was the microchip.
Back to top Go down
Celtic
Papas frías
Celtic

PostSubject: Re: The Champions - Awards Ceremony   The Champions - Awards Ceremony Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 3:10 pm

Wow, what amazing generosity! I don't even understand where this all came from (I hope you're not fronting all/most of this, Jon), but I'm blown away. Thank you!
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: The Champions - Awards Ceremony   The Champions - Awards Ceremony Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 3:19 pm

Claudius Templesmith wrote:
s l i t h y wrote:
And Cable was Rain?

It was the microchip.
Ah, okay. I didn't realize that was Cable's Token. I thought maybe Cable had something that would work with the microchip.

I see, said the blind man.
Back to top Go down
ASKEWD
Papas frías
ASKEWD

PostSubject: Re: The Champions - Awards Ceremony   The Champions - Awards Ceremony Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 3:26 pm

everybody? That really is crazy generous. Thanks again Jon, Penny and Kellly. The awesome game really was enough, but who doesnt enjoy icing on their cake.
Back to top Go down
ASKEWD
Papas frías
ASKEWD

PostSubject: Re: The Champions - Awards Ceremony   The Champions - Awards Ceremony Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 3:27 pm

Ha. Just noticed the titles. Should be fun discovering each new one.
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

PostSubject: Re: The Champions - Awards Ceremony   The Champions - Awards Ceremony Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 3:47 pm

Jon....I just realized there is over $600 in GC.....I really appreciate the thought, and I absolutely loved the game, but that is too much, man.....I'm not sure where it comes from or how many uber-generous donors were involved, but I have to believe there is a better use for my share than on my silly ass.....
Back to top Go down
Albert B
Papas frías
Albert B

PostSubject: Re: The Champions - Awards Ceremony   The Champions - Awards Ceremony Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 4:06 pm

Jon, that's crazy generous and much appreciated. I'm with LO and Poker, if its not too late roll the money into funding the site. The game was way fun and worth every minute spent in it. Again, thank you Jon, Kellly and Shyka
Back to top Go down
Ana
Papas frías
Ana

PostSubject: Re: The Champions - Awards Ceremony   The Champions - Awards Ceremony Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 4:46 pm

Jon, you are freaking amazing. I'm with the others, please, it's not necessary. This was the most fun I've had in mafia in a LONG time. Great game, great source material, and you stayed true to it. That in itself is really enough. To you, Shyka, and ROLL TIDE! , thank you all again for your hard work.
Back to top Go down
Lady Shyka
Gamemaker
Lady Shyka

PostSubject: Re: The Champions - Awards Ceremony   The Champions - Awards Ceremony Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 6:00 pm

Thank you for all for playing and I'm glad you all enjoyed the game. You were all very entertaining, particular at the beginning when you were trying to crack the "vegetable code".

For my first ever assist on a game, this has been an insane experience. Jon is fantastically creative, and has this amazing way of taking a small idea and turning it into an extraordinary event. It's certainly a sight to behold.

And thank you for my reward, it was very unexpected.
Back to top Go down
forehead
Papas frías
forehead

PostSubject: Re: The Champions - Awards Ceremony   The Champions - Awards Ceremony Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 6:09 pm

Poker wrote:

No ocean to cross and no Mexican drug cartel's to dodge.

Get your own title!

Yeah, I agree, I can't accept a gift card(I assume that's what GC stands for), wouldn't feel right. Don't bother, or spend it on your children.
Back to top Go down
Ana
Papas frías
Ana

PostSubject: Re: The Champions - Awards Ceremony   The Champions - Awards Ceremony Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 6:11 pm

I was browsing around Think Geek, trying to figure out how to use my gift card, and found this:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/books/nonfiction/ec44/

It would be oddly appropriate.
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: The Champions - Awards Ceremony   The Champions - Awards Ceremony Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 6:19 pm

Guys. Seriously. All of you are getting the Amazon giftcard. The next person to suggest they don't want it will be banned. Okay? The prizes were planned before any of this began, so...you were always playing to win. I appreciate what you're all getting at, but you'll have to trust me when I say the generosity is acceptable and that your appreciation is all that is necessary.

As to the folks who would rather "spin" or "roll" their money back into the site...take the giftcard. Use it. Let me do a little research and talk to the people here who know lots about getting this place into a new home...I'm looking at Shyka, weeba and Gargoyle Geek (they've made their abilities and knowledge known to me) and once we've found an ideal solution, we can talk donations. I don't anticipate this endeavor taking an excessive amount of money. So, I appreciate your kindnesses... but don't fret. Take your very kind and unexpected gifts and we'll see what happens here in the next few days.

Thank you again to the people who sneaked in the backdoor and offered some goodies for all of you. I was equally blown away, but feel assured the generosity is coming from a good place.
Back to top Go down
Ana
Papas frías
Ana

PostSubject: Re: The Champions - Awards Ceremony   The Champions - Awards Ceremony Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 6:22 pm

Ok, well, to you and whoever else...you're awesome!
Back to top Go down
Albert B
Papas frías
Albert B

PostSubject: Re: The Champions - Awards Ceremony   The Champions - Awards Ceremony Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 6:37 pm

Ana wrote:
Ok, well, to you and whoever else...you're awesome!

agreed!
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: The Champions - Awards Ceremony   The Champions - Awards Ceremony Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 6:38 pm

And on that note...I'm done with Claudius. Happy Hunger Games everyone. Thanks for playing.
Back to top Go down
Lorene
Papas frías
Lorene

PostSubject: Re: The Champions - Awards Ceremony   The Champions - Awards Ceremony Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 6:54 pm

Congrats, everyone Smile It was fun to follow.
Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: The Champions - Awards Ceremony   The Champions - Awards Ceremony Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 6:59 pm

Okay, Thanks Jon, Shyka, Kellly, Lauryn and the mystery donors.

It was much fun and I appreciate the prizes VERY much.

Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

PostSubject: Re: The Champions - Awards Ceremony   The Champions - Awards Ceremony Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 8:38 pm

Well, damn. I can take a hint.

My GC will go towards one of these:
http://www.amazon.com/Leatherman-831429-Sidekick-Multi-Tool/dp/B005DI2QTC/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1331685130&sr=8-16

Mystery donors, rest assured, if you are ever lost and lonely, I'll be there, multi-tool in hand, and I'll make sure you don't go hungry.
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

PostSubject: Re: The Champions - Awards Ceremony   The Champions - Awards Ceremony Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 8:39 pm

So long as you aren't in a land-locked location, of course.
Back to top Go down
Gimp
Papas frías
Gimp

PostSubject: Re: The Champions - Awards Ceremony   The Champions - Awards Ceremony Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 8:52 pm

I loved role-playing, and I think the anonymity really enhanced that.

Thanks for giving me the chance, and thanks to Caesar for giving me a voice before I was tragically cut down before my time.
Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: The Champions - Awards Ceremony   The Champions - Awards Ceremony Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 8:56 pm

Neptune wrote:
Well, damn. I can take a hint.

My GC will go towards one of these:
http://www.amazon.com/Leatherman-831429-Sidekick-Multi-Tool/dp/B005DI2QTC/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1331685130&sr=8-16

Mystery donors, rest assured, if you are ever lost and lonely, I'll be there, multi-tool in hand, and I'll make sure you don't go hungry.

I love mine. Use it far more than I probably should given the actual tools I own. Enjoy it!

Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: The Champions - Awards Ceremony   The Champions - Awards Ceremony Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 8:57 pm

Gimp wrote:

Thanks for giving me the chance, and thanks to Caesar for giving me a voice before I was tragically cut down before my time.

I wish we could have worked together. Pulled out the "last district pair" alive wins.

Hope you stick around for more games and chit chat APP!

Back to top Go down
Gimp
Papas frías
Gimp

PostSubject: Re: The Champions - Awards Ceremony   The Champions - Awards Ceremony Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 9:00 pm

Poker wrote:
Gimp wrote:

I wish we could have worked together. Pulled out the "last district pair" alive wins.

Hope you stick around for more games and chit chat APP!

I can try, but I have two jobs, so my time is limited.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Champions - Awards Ceremony   The Champions - Awards Ceremony Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Champions - Awards Ceremony
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The 74th Annual Hunger Games :: The Hunger Games :: The Arena-
Jump to: