The 74th Annual Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 74th Annual Hunger Games

A place for Capitol Punishment.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What should we call this place?

Go down 
+17
Celtic
Poppycox88
ASKEWD
kelly
Neptune
Lady Shyka
new bird
Lorene
s l i t h y
Moses
shimel
Albert B
Ana
Poker
forehead
Emlyn
bad_jon.
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Top options...
MafiaStache
What should we call this place? - Page 10 Poll_left28%What should we call this place? - Page 10 Poll_right
 28% [ 10 ]
Mafia Gathering Hole
What should we call this place? - Page 10 Poll_left17%What should we call this place? - Page 10 Poll_right
 17% [ 6 ]
Mafia Den
What should we call this place? - Page 10 Poll_left6%What should we call this place? - Page 10 Poll_right
 6% [ 2 ]
Mafiasco
What should we call this place? - Page 10 Poll_left14%What should we call this place? - Page 10 Poll_right
 14% [ 5 ]
Mafia Community
What should we call this place? - Page 10 Poll_left8%What should we call this place? - Page 10 Poll_right
 8% [ 3 ]
Troy and Abed Playing Mafia
What should we call this place? - Page 10 Poll_left8%What should we call this place? - Page 10 Poll_right
 8% [ 3 ]
Mafia Forum
What should we call this place? - Page 10 Poll_left3%What should we call this place? - Page 10 Poll_right
 3% [ 1 ]
mafiaishere
 8% [ 3 ]
hereismafia
 8% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 36

AuthorMessage
kelly
Gamemaker
kelly

What should we call this place? - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   What should we call this place? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 3:29 pm

Do we think forummotion might take all of our posts and make a book out of them or something? Who cares if we own it?
Back to top Go down
Moses
Papas frías
Moses

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   What should we call this place? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 3:31 pm

Poker wrote:
jon_bad. wrote:
I feel like this process is alienating a lot of people.

I'm sorry.

Not at all. You are spending a lot of your own time and money on something you feel will carry us along. I appreciate that. I just didn't find the appeal in the name.

I'll go where my people go. Just spread the sea, or use your tom tom to get us across the desert.

Tom Toms are awful. We had a Garmin and I thought it was bad so I got a Tom Tom. I miss the Garmin.

Also, a place that is a "real" site, as opposed to a free, advertisement-laden, longish URL could be more appealing to the unitiated just looking for a group to play mafia games with (if such a beast ever exists).

Also, isn't 'stache also supposed to fill in for "Stash"? I thought there was a dual meaning going there.
Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   What should we call this place? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 3:32 pm

forehead wrote:
kelly wrote:
what about mafiastache.tv or mafiastache.org or whatever

Or mafiastache.co.uk Razz

Hell, we could go with a .ca and then you all get free healthcare*.

*Healthcare option available to Canadian citizens only.
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   What should we call this place? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 3:37 pm

Moses wrote:
Also, isn't 'stache also supposed to fill in for "Stash"? I thought there was a dual meaning going there.

In my dumb head, yes.

Moses wrote:
as opposed to a free, advertisement-laden, longish URL

We can buy a new, short URL and still stay here.
Back to top Go down
Gargoyle Geek
Papas frías
Gargoyle Geek

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   What should we call this place? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 3:38 pm

kelly wrote:
Do we think forummotion might take all of our posts and make a book out of them or something? Who cares if we own it?

haha...it would be a short book.

Game Runner: "I'm starting a game!"
Everyone: "Yay!!! You're the best!"
Lots of people get killed. Game ends.
Everyone: "Game Runner, you're an asshole! This was the worst game ever!"

Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   What should we call this place? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 3:41 pm

Moses wrote:
Tom Toms are awful. We had a Garmin and I thought it was bad so I got a Tom Tom. I miss the Garmin.

Also, a place that is a "real" site, as opposed to a free, advertisement-laden, longish URL could be more appealing to the unitiated just looking for a group to play mafia games with (if such a beast ever exists).

Yeah, I used a Garmin once a couple years ago to find a lot on a lake on an overgrown single lane dirt road, off of a single lane dirt road, which was off of a better kept single lane road that was seasonally maintained and covered with crusher dust, off of a nicer double lane gravel road off of a paved road, 45 minutes from the highway.

No lie, I just double checked my directions to it and that's how horrible it was.

I've used the GPS on my Android and iPhone 4 quite a bit and I like it better.

I saw the wordplay, but I thought that was unintentional and it was just 'stache as in Jon and Emlyn's funny moustache interactions.

I was wrong.

jon_bad. wrote:
In my dumb head, yes.
Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   What should we call this place? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 3:44 pm

jon_bad. wrote:

Jon, take a day and think about this before you answer it.

"What do YOU want to do?"

I think the people who won't sign up to yet another board, were likely to not play much any damn way.

I also don't think we have anything to protect and no reason to save anything here, despite what Shimel and Duff might say to the contrary.

Back to top Go down
Spinal
Papas frías
Spinal

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   What should we call this place? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 3:48 pm

jon_bad. wrote:
Moses wrote:

In my dumb head, yes.

I took it as having a double meaning also.

Back to top Go down
new bird
Papas frías
new bird

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   What should we call this place? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 3:48 pm

Poker wrote:
jon_bad. wrote:

I think the people who won't sign up to yet another board, were likely to not play much any damn way.

I also don't think we have anything to protect and no reason to save anything here, despite what Shimel and Duff might say to the contrary.

I have a wonderful idea, let's have a bottle(s) of wine and think about it tonight. Just you and me. My opinion will be for all of those who really don't have an opinion at all.
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   What should we call this place? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 3:51 pm

new bird wrote:
Poker wrote:
jon_bad. wrote:

I have a wonderful idea, let's have a bottle(s) of wine and think about it tonight. Just you and me. My opinion will be for all of those who really don't have an opinion at all.

Are you propositioning me or Poker?
Back to top Go down
new bird
Papas frías
new bird

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   What should we call this place? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 3:52 pm

jon_bad. wrote:
new bird wrote:
Poker wrote:
jon_bad. wrote:

Well since the intent was for YOU to think about it, it was meant for you. But if Poker wants to have a bottle(s) of wine, I won't stop him.
Back to top Go down
Gargoyle Geek
Papas frías
Gargoyle Geek

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   What should we call this place? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 3:56 pm

As my punishment I'm going to drink Old Milwaukee Light. Lots of it.
Back to top Go down
SweetIrony!
Papas frías
SweetIrony!

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   What should we call this place? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 3:59 pm

I'll drink too! Just because I'm a joiner.
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   What should we call this place? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 4:02 pm

new bird wrote:
Well since the intent was for YOU to think about it, it was meant for you. But if Poker wants to have a bottle(s) of wine, I won't stop him.

I'll take any chance I can get to sip some wine with you!

Do I need to stop on the way home to get some?
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   What should we call this place? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 4:03 pm

Let's all get wasted and see what site we end up on!
Back to top Go down
forehead
Papas frías
forehead

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   What should we call this place? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 4:06 pm

Poker wrote:
forehead wrote:
I started a planning thread over there. And I brought in a schedule(it was more just an order) and then someone suggested putting dates on it to get it more organized and now there's a big uproar about the games being too close together so there's a vote happening with various options and divided opinion.

There was also a big massive fallout that happened on Wednesday night. Basically someone posted on the thread that they'd received a PM from someone wanting to start their own planning thread and rival mine, at first I didn't realise it was a joke so there was a bit of investigating and someone claimed it, so I started asking questions and stuff. I then got PM'd be the original guy saying it was a joke and the guy who claimed it was just playing along with his prank. So I thought I'd get even and totally throw a hissy fit and I locked the thread and...

Yeah, we can't relate to that at all.

No sure if serious...

Moses wrote:

Nice to see someone else go there as well.

Poker wrote:
forehead wrote:
kelly wrote:

*Healthcare option available to Canadian citizens only.

You say that like the UK doesn't have a free healthcare system for it's citizens.

Poker wrote:
jon_bad. wrote:

Who said they won't go to another board? Do whatever you want Jon, don't spend a ridiculous amount of time or money(or a combination) on this. The URL doesn't matter, is anyone actually typing out the whole thing? Bookmark it!(my browser automatically picks up the site when I type "h" into the address bar so I don't need to Cool )
Back to top Go down
Spinal
Papas frías
Spinal

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   What should we call this place? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 4:12 pm

We didn't get to vote for the name of the VA board, Kevin decided it, and we came to it.

You decide what you want the name to be and we will still show up.

If you want to change it name it "houseofbadjon.com" or "bad_jon.com"if you want.

Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   What should we call this place? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 4:15 pm

You're right. Since when do I care what you guys think?

Kneel before Jon.
Back to top Go down
Gargoyle Geek
Papas frías
Gargoyle Geek

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   What should we call this place? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 4:17 pm

jon_bad. wrote:

Kneel before Jon.

Yeah, what happened to this guy?
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   What should we call this place? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 4:20 pm

He got all sentimental when the VA board closed and people started giving money away.

But who likes that guy? No one, right?

bad_jon. is back.
Back to top Go down
Spinal
Papas frías
Spinal

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   What should we call this place? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 4:22 pm

Gargoyle Geek wrote:
jon_bad. wrote:

Kneel before Jon.

Yeah, what happened to this guy?

seconded! Twisted Evil

...but realistically you are not going to have a name that everyone will agree on, and in the long run it won't matter what the name is because we will all be here/there together and isn't that the main point.
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   What should we call this place? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 4:32 pm

Fine. We're moving.

Pack your bags. We're going to The 'Stache.
Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker
kelly

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   What should we call this place? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 4:36 pm

Oooh, can I have this when you leave?
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   What should we call this place? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 4:40 pm

kelly wrote:
Oooh, can I have this when you leave?

I actually planned to forward it to the new site. But if you really want it, sure. You can name it anything, after all. But you can't delete my epic game!
Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   What should we call this place? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 5:28 pm

bad_jon. wrote:
new bird wrote:
Poker wrote:
jon_bad. wrote:

Either way, I'm throwing back wine with someone's wife tonight.

Back to top Go down
Poppycox88
Papas frías
Poppycox88

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   What should we call this place? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 5:29 pm

Come get wasted with us on the new site Poker. You gotta set up the comics thread.
Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   What should we call this place? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 5:30 pm

bad_jon. wrote:
new bird wrote:

I'll take any chance I can get to sip some wine with you!

Do I need to stop on the way home to get some?

Might I suggest the Hardy's Reisling? Inexpensive and really tasty. My wife's favourite new wine.

If you have Jost down that way, the Avondale Reisling is also just as good and within pennies of the same price, I would assume.

Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   What should we call this place? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 5:32 pm

forehead wrote:
Poker wrote:
forehead wrote:
kelly wrote:

size=5]*Healthcare option available to Canadian citizens only.[/size]

You say that like the UK doesn't have a free healthcare system for it's citizens.

Well, I don't know...you're not France.

Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   What should we call this place? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 5:39 pm

Poppycox88 wrote:
Come get wasted with us on the new site Poker. You gotta set up the comics thread.

Oh, I had just gotten to Jon's post. I'll turn off the lights and set the alarm on the way out to the "club" if that's what's happening tonight.

Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   What should we call this place? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 5:51 pm

Cant we wait until the other site is fully ready and then do the move all at once? This piece-meal thing feels like a bad idea.
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   What should we call this place? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 5:53 pm

Neptune wrote:
Cant we wait until the other site is fully ready and then do the move all at once? This piece-meal thing feels like a bad idea.

It's ready to be posted in. Yes, we'll be making board modifications as we go along, but since all the changes there are manual (and I have the benefit/curse of only seeing the board through an admin's eyes) it will help me to have you guys posting there and making suggestions so I know what to change. It's a functional board right now. I just need to know what you guys like or don't like about it.
Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker
kelly

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   What should we call this place? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 5:54 pm

Y'all let me know when a game starts. I don't trust that everyone will hop there OR that jon will still want it there Come Monday.

I'M STAYING PUT.
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   What should we call this place? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 5:54 pm

Also...the longer we linger here, well...the more posts we "waste". I don't care. But I don't want you guys to feel the fatigue of repeating yourselves either. I think it'd be better to just jump right in and get your nipples wet.
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   What should we call this place? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 5:55 pm

kelly wrote:
Y'all let me know when a game starts. I don't trust that everyone will hop there OR that jon will still want it there Come Monday.

I'M STAYING PUT.

That's fair.

Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   What should we call this place? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 5:58 pm

I agree with LOs. I'd rather know that everyone is wearing nike's and drinking purple kool-aid at the same time.

I don't want anyone missing my awesome content.

(I'll sign up later tonight or tomorrow though)

Back to top Go down
forehead
Papas frías
forehead

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   What should we call this place? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 5:59 pm

Before I make an account, are names changeable like this one? I might go with something new.
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   What should we call this place? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 6:02 pm

forehead wrote:
Before I make an account, are names changeable like this one? I might go with something new.

Allow username changes:
x Yes No
Back to top Go down
forehead
Papas frías
forehead

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   What should we call this place? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 6:03 pm

Yes? I'll play it relatively safe for now.
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   What should we call this place? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 6:04 pm

Poker wrote:
I agree with LOs. I'd rather know that everyone is wearing nike's and drinking purple kool-aid at the same time.

I don't want anyone missing my awesome content.

(I'll sign up later tonight or tomorrow though)

That's fine. I don't want anyone to be uncomfortable. Except forehead.

Take your time. I'm gonna moderate both spots until you all get your asses over to the 'Stache.

It's fancy.
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   What should we call this place? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 6:05 pm

forehead wrote:
Yes? I'll play it relatively safe for now.

Yes. As much as you want!
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   What should we call this place? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 6:09 pm

Fancy people have bulldogs, jon. Fact.
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   What should we call this place? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 6:10 pm

Neptune wrote:
Fancy people have bulldogs, jon. Fact.

I can't please you all!

Not even two of you!

Come to the board anyway!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   What should we call this place? - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What should we call this place?
Page 10 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next